You are talking to me? - Ghost

A Halloweenish Story

“Donghae, are you sure you want to do this?” Sungmin asked.

“Yea, why not?” Donghae said. He stretched out his legs to make sure he was up for the task.

“If you get hurt, I’m not held responsible.” Sungmin responded. Donghae pushed him slightly.

“Come on, I know you are going to help me.” Donghae said. Donghae took a deep breath and started running down the busy intersection.

“Ahh, the sun is too hot today.” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk saw Sungmin sitting in the shade in the distance and sprinted over.

“Is he really doing it?” Eunhyuk said, out of breath.

“Where have you been? Forget it, he already started running.” Sungmin said.

“Is he stupid, running through a busy intersection for a mere 10 dollars.” Eunhyuk said.

“It’s almost over.” Sungmin said.

“Hopefully he doesn’t cause an accident.” Eunhyuk said. Some cars honked at him but he didn’t get hit. Donghae was almost there and started running backwards.

“He’s done.” Sungmin said, getting up.

“He’s going to hit…”Eunhyuk said, pointing at the girl who was standing at crosswalk. It was too late. Donghae crashed into the girl.

--

“Sorry. Sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Donghae said.

“It’s ok.” The girl said. Donghae helped her up. She had a bruise on her knee.

“Are you sure you are ok?” Donghae said, pointing to the bruise.

“It’s fine.” The girl said. Donghae noticed that she wore the same uniform as him.

“Hey!! You go to our school.” Donghae said.

“Yea I go to your school, Donghae.” Jessica responded.

“Woah, are you in my class.” Donghae asked. Jessica nodded. Jessica tried to walk and she wobbled.

“Here, I’ll give you a ride to class.” Donghae said, kneeling down so Jessica can hop on his back.

“What? People will stare.” Jessica responded.

“So… It’s ok.” Donghae said.

“I guess.” Jessica responded and hopped on.

“You are light.” Donghae said. Sungmin and Eunhyuk came over.

“Are you guys ok?” Sungmin asked.

“Yea, she hurt her knee.”Donghae said.

“Thank god.” Sungmin said.

“Hey, aren’t you Jessica?” Eunhyuk asked. Jessica nodded.

“Oh, you are the girl that sits in the back.” Donghae said. Jessica nodded again.

“That’s why I don’t recognize you.” Donghae said.

“Anyways, the sun is bugging me.” Sungmin said, covering his eyes.

“How can you not like the sun!!” Donghae said.

They walked back to campus.

--

“Who’s that?” Girls screamed. Donghae was taking Jessica to class on his back.

“Maybe you should just let me walk on my own.” Jessica whispered to Donghae.

“You crazy? I feel bad that I made you like this already.” Donghae said, walking into their classroom.

“You should sit with me today?” Donghae said. Jessica just nodded obediently.

 “So what do you like to do?” Donghae asked. Jessica was taking notes. She looked over at him.

“Reading.” Jessica responded.

“Ohh, you are a smart one, huh?” Donghae responded.

“Mr. Lee, do you want to say something to the class?” The teacher asked. Donghae shook his head and sealed his lips with his hand. The teacher went back to teaching.

Donghae slipped a note to Jessica.

So you are smart, huh? – Donghae.

I wouldn’t consider myself smart. – Jessica

Really, well, I am going to. – Donghae

Ok.- Jessica

Do you play sports? – Donghae

Not really. – Jessica

You should play sports, you are pale as a ghost.- Donghae

I’m not good at sports.-Jessica

Really, leave it to me. I’ll teach you. – Donghae

Sure. – Jessica

Cool!!=] –Donghae

The bell rang. Donghae kneeled down in front of Jessica.

“What are you doing?” Jessica asked, looking around. A lot of people were looking at the both of them.

“Come on, we have all the same classes.” Donghae said. Jessica looked around and people were eying at her.

“No, it’s ok. My knee is feeling better.” Jessica said.

“Oh my god, come on.” Donghae said, picking her up princess style and went off.

“Donghae, people are staring.” Jessica said.

“And…” Donghae said.

“It’s embarrassing.” Jessica said.

“Hahaha, don’t worry about it. We are friends.”Donghae said.

“Friends…” Jessica  said. Donghae nodded. Jessica smiled.

“You are smiling, that’s a first.” Donghae said. Jessica just nodded.