Thirty

My Sweet Devil

Epilogue


Gently, the wind whipped at him, sliced through his hair, encased his body in chills. Fastening his coat, he walked on, determined to set things straight. Honestly, he was greatly exhausted by the unfortunate turn of events and wished to placate the matter before it spiraled further out of control. He sighed as he stood before the white house, headquarters, and willed the encounter to at least end on a pleasant note.

Kris had not even been allowed to set foot on the porch – they were adamant in eluding him.

So, he tried again another day.

He had reached the porch this time around, but they effectively barred him from entering.

It dissolved into a game of sorts, he would come closer and closer to seeing them only to have the door shut in his face, only to have them hide from his domineering presence.

Throughout this game of push and pull, he had remained with Chaerin, he had resided in her abode ever since the attack actually. While he should have been more focused on his pack, he should have been home, he was caught off-guard by the emotions rippling through him upon her crestfallen state. The bond proved its status as a two-way link and considering he was the one to mark her, he felt her sorrow, her joy, her tears, her pain, her fears.

Chaerin was very dear to his heart, and he could not abandon her when he knew she could morph into an empty husk devoid of the vigor he knew she possessed. But, as he attempted to reconnect with his brothers, he also established something deeper with the whimsical blonde – something completely unexpected.

Clumsily, he had fallen prey to his emotions, he had grown attached to her, and he had clung to her. Therefore, when he arrived home, he always found his way to her, his weary self in grave need of her innocence, in hunger of her fickle care and love.

Love was a new thing for the werewolves, especially from a human being that they had known to be cruel, wicked, and wretched.

Kris was certain she showered him with a certain kind of love, he was not positive of its type, he was merely sated to even have the pleasure of thriving in it.

Her smile and her laughter fueled him, encouraged him to try and salvage peace amongst his brothers, amidst the packs.

Supposing he failed, he always had a home to come back to, a person to welcome him.

On the week of Sanghyun’s impending discharge, he finally wedged past the front doors.


A familiar face heaved the door open, a scarily thin Xiumin confronting his widened eyes. The oldest of the pack wistfully uplifted his lips, a make-shift smile ghosting over his lips.

As a potential leader, Kris was stunned to see his fellow brother impacted by the events so negatively as to stop consuming food, sustenance was a must for wolves. Uncertainly, he patted his shoulder, the man crinkling his eyes in feigned joy. Soundlessly, the alpha candidate examined the house, its walls baring dust, its floorboards speckled with dirt, its atmosphere lonesome and weary.

Distracted by the despairing state of the house, he nearly crashed into the ever-vivacious Luhan. Xiumin and Luhan might have been the few of s that he came across, however, Luhan would definitely be the one to greet him as he constantly had: his tone cheery, his gaze sly.

It might have warmed his cold heart to be embraced by a true friend he had not been privy to in weeks, and yet, his affection was stripped of its zest. Whether he had solely been crushed by the burdens he kept to his close to his heart, or by simple guilt of his incompetence, he would never be told.

Uncharacteristic of the angelic man, Luhan directed Kris to the chamber they were to negotiate in, his gaze despondent, his mouth firmly shut.

An absence of sound swallowed the entire chamber and its inhabitants, the boys somber, timid. This day marked the reunion of the pack since that fateful night, its impact clearly shown on the faces of his family. A quick glance about the room unveiled Sehun, Tao, and Kyungsoo huddled together, whispering lifelessly; Luhan joined Xiumin by the corner of the room, Chanyeol had the support of Chen, Kai curled by Baekhyun, and Lay confronting his maddening gaze in quiet discontent.

Before he could pace around the room, he was disrupted by a feisty Kai, his eyes ablaze with his anxiety and affliction, Baekhyun having accidentally fumbled with the lad, his body slipping past his grasp. Sick of this silence, sick of this tension, sick of this sorrow, Kai craved for a satisfactory venting, so tired was he of being dejected. He figured Kris earned it.

None too pleasantly, he fisted his hands into the reserved giant’s collar, throttling him like a ragdoll in the process. “Why are you here?” Kai fumed, his anger threatening to overtake him.

Irritatingly, Kris withheld an answer, his demeanor cool, collected further igniting Kai’s fury.

“Why the would we want you after all that you have done? Look, what we have become!” He bemoaned, his fists thudding against his elder’s chest.

Gently, Kris pried Kai off, freed himself from his tight grip, and patted his dark-brown locks. Awe-struck, Kai hesitated, his eyes bulging.

“It’s alright, now.” The leader in him retorted, thumbing away the overflowing tears from Kai’s harsh eyes. Shattered, Kai’s body was ransacked by sobs, Baekhyun at his side instantly.


Jamming his hands into his pockets, Kris casually strode over to the young man that he had once teamed with to tame the rowdy lot. Suho sat in the stillness of the room, his shoulders slack in grief, and for what, Kris could not wonder other than the broken ties they now held.

Oddly enough, he slumped along with his rival, bumping his shoulder into his, practically comforting. Delirious, Suho forfeited his sorrow, his stake in this petty contest and threw his arms around his brother.  

“I’m sorry.”

Kris could have laughed. “I never blamed you.”

Were it not for the ugly tears streaming down his face, he would have faced his brother and scolded him for not giving him the decency to apologize. “Where do we go from here?”

“I have something in mind.”


“Words and hugs will not quell my dismay.”

“Lay-“

Lay’s irises flashed a shocking red. “After everything we have been through, after surviving hell and back together, you dared to cut me off? Me?” He was incredulous, crudely jabbing Kris’s chest with every point made. The closest to the giant wolf had been forsaken, and their bond had been dissolved to ashes, not even to a brittle state as a result.

Kris commanded control of the hectic conversation and pressed his forehead against his life-long best friend. “I’m sorry that I can only give you words and affection to assure you of my deepest apologies. I am sorry, Lay. Forgive me, for the idiot I have not failed to embody.”

Lay rolled his eyes, his eyelashes batting away an onslaught of tears. “You were always an idiot.”

He flashed a genuine smile. “You kept me in check.”

“Will everything truly be fine, Kris? Can you guarantee that?” Lay voiced his concerns, his aura a little more welcoming.

“I can only guarantee a solution.”

A solution at his own expense.


Prior to reconciling with his brothers, he had long decided upon a solution that could resolve their current and possible future problems. Should everything flow smoothly, it would not be met with disapproval from any side. Kris twiddled his thumbs, passed the time in silence as Suho deliberated on the plan of action.

The clock ticked, Suho rubbed his nose, stared at the tiled floor, contemplated his options. Truth be told, he had figured out an answer to their problems along the lines of what Kris posed, but he felt that the man was selling himself short. He may have been a fellow leader and pack member, but Kris had remained an enigma of sorts, shrouded in a world of his own that they could not touch with the exception of a single human female.

Releasing a hefty sigh, he murmured his agreement to the plan, although he was uncertain whether the boys would object. “Are you sure you can do this?”

Deviously, the dog smirked. “The pack comes before anything else. You know that better than anyone here.”

Suho chuckled for his sake.

The fool.


“Kris? What are you-?”

He hushed her rambling with a kiss, his intent to drag it out as long as possible, up until they could not breathe.

A flushed, dazed Chaerin met his sight after he pulled away, their lungs working hard. Skillful hands caressed her face, her hips, his victim gasping hopelessly as he explored her.

“K-kris?”

Effectively quieting her nonsense inquiries with a nip to her ear, he persuaded her to a mutual beneficial activity, regardless of the hour. Quite unusual of him to behave in such a manner, she attempted to extract an answer until crimson irises convinced her otherwise.

Dizzy, she knocked her forehead against his, reassuring him he could come to her with the things weighing down on his heart.

Should he not have been preoccupied with her lips, he might have smiled.

Perhaps, he would inform her later that he had just needed to feel her, touch her, worship her like he would never see her tomorrow.

He hated this.


“No.” Yongguk replied, his patience wearing thin. And Kris felt that the world was adamant in shelving true priorities, skewing his plans for peace.

Suho brushed back stray strands and faced their opposition. JR had his group nicely poised, trained to stare on quietly. Yongguk was more of the fearsome one in his bunch, the others scrambling to restrain him – he had just about become fed up with this .  

Unbeknownst to the girl that should have been the first to know, Kris had scheduled a meeting among all of the packs and would not dismiss it until a fragile truce could be reached. Only this time, Kris and Suho had their boys bow their shaggy heads to the other werewolves and refused to give them a chance to lift up from their position. They deserved to know their place.

“Perhaps, what Yongguk means to say, or ask to be correct, is what benefit we would gain from establishing a sort of peace between us? Your pack has not shown or proven themselves to be trustworthy, do you hope to earn something from this?” JR proclaimed, his quizzical and insightful nature momentarily stunning the wolves present.

He had been playing at this game for over two hours, and with minimal progress, his nerves were fried. “I have nothing to gain from this, but peace. These idiots are fully aware of their mistakes, and do you insist they apologize every hour, every minute, every goddamn second till youare satisfied?”

“And none of you are as innocent in this matter as you are making yourselves out to be, either.” Kai snorted, earning a thump to his sore head from Suho. Furious, he shot up, he moved forth, spewing the ideas running through his mind. “We all got ourselves deep into , don’t go choosing a scapegoat to boost your pathetic egos!” Suho gaped, Kris froze, Baekhyun hissed and the others watched as Kai dashed to the alphas of the respective packs lingering in the vicinity.

He delivered a powerful shove to each leader, the wolves behind them howling with rage.

And then he ruefully dropped to his knees, his hands splayed on the ground. “Please, understand we are trying our best to repair the damage we have made. We have made so many mistakes along the road and we’re sorry. We’re sorry.” Kai cried, his nails drilling into the dirt.

“Chaerin risked her life to save the lives of a few of you present and she did her best to bridge the gap we created. She is more aware of the danger that lurks in the world, more aware of the danger that will come after us should we fall apart now. For ’s sake, don’t let her down.”

Kris could have applauded the boy’s persuasive speech had he not been dealt a stake to his soul.

His boy sealed the long sought after truce.


The week flew by and he desired to sleep in to his heart’s desire, but a peculiar woman had him get up and accompany her to the hospital to finally witness her friend be discharged. If she had not balanced her insane mannerisms with her quirky and caring nature, he might have said no. Chaerin smiled as she waited on the necessary paperwork by the front desk and he realized he would not have been able to ever refuse her.

He left her to her precious friends and rested in the lounge, sleep awaiting him.

When he came by to the patient’s room, he roamed outside its walls, but they were not impenetrable to his sense of hearing. Sandara’s odd choice of words slipped into his thoughts, had him wondering…


Kris coaxed Chaerin into prolonging her visit to the packs, he subtlety wedged doubt into her mind – she should have a cool head on her shoulders when she saw them, after all. It was a wicked thing to do, but he needed more time to set things in motion.

The outlining, the planning, the reciting all had them drained and used most of his time, an unfortunate consequence he was faced with. He made an effort to return to her, and he was selfish in disturbing her sleep just to snatch a kiss from her ignorant state. Her friend had partially spoken true, he was darkness, and she was light that seared his heart so.

Cruelly, he tried to dissuade her from learning the truth, however, his charm failed him there.


The first half of doomsday had come.

“What did you mean you guys have already decided? What are you withholding from me? Yah!”

Stung by betrayal, she eyed him in rage, in pain and it wounded him. Thus, he silenced her the only way he knew how, he had her body dance to his tune, although, it had been a greedy desire, he wanted to enjoy what he would soon enough sever himself from.

He wasn’t sure why she fell into his dance, he was sure she had known he was up to something foul – maybe she had suspected the outcome.

Kris kissed every inch of her skin and cast aside his nagging conscience.


He had underestimated their link, their bond, his emotions on overdrive from her despair and hatred.

The distance affected him just as much, his family incapable of connecting to a mute, sorrowful Kris. Lay caught him grasping his chest on a daily basis, his pain evident across his grimaced features. He regularly cursed the idiot for forcing himself to suffer.

Luhan joined Kris on numerous occasions, sparking conversations in his usual playful manner, without mocking his relationship with Chaerin. Even he was aware of when not to cross a line.


Gingerly, he stirred his cup of coffee, his mind lost in the memories of Chaerin (he inwardly damned the aroma for igniting such nostalgia), his attention allegedly had by Luhan. Pouting, Luhan commented, “Are you listening?”

“Sorry.”

Luhan hissed. “At least try to appease my wounded heart.”

Kris smiled. “Forgive this old fool for harming your sensitive nerves.”

“Ah! I don’t need this.” Incessant as always, Luhan continued, “But, you know finals is coming our way. Have you settled on whether you’ll see her?”

Softly, he hummed.


She had continued her life easily, without the bump of their supernatural kind to deter her from her path. His chest swelled with pride at the fact.

He had been tentative in meeting her once more, he had abandoned her for the rest of the term and without a decent explanation. While she had simmered down, her body coursed with immense displeasure on his account.

The final day of school seemed perfect, though. Perfect for the disaster he was going to unleash.


Like the stubborn, curious, and hopeful girl she was, she ran back to their designated oak tree, a twisted area for a reunion.

Kris choked, and could not appear within the first few moments she arrived, his heart constricting.

But, she turned, cursed their names, and he jumped.

Then he had her in his arms, his lips grazing her forehead. Unable to be thwarted, she lashed out at him, her bruised heart pugnacious in this final interaction. They eventually fell into each-other, sopping up the emotions betwixt them, savoring what was left.

He was athirst for her kisses, for her passion, he welcomed all of her.

Kris could only hope she would receive him once more when it was safe to return.


-Years Later-

“Maybe this was a mistake.” The bride croaked, tearing her veil off, prying at her white dress.

“Shh, don’t say such things lightly, Dara.” Chaerin scolded, weaving the veil once again in her friend’s hair. “You guys have been together for four years now, do you really think this is a mistake?”

Sandara wiped her eyes. “He could find someone better, someone worthy-“

Chaerin slapped her hand firmly to Sandara’s obnoxious pretty mouth. “Sanghyun gave his approval to this, Bom and I have given our stamp of approval, you have never been happier – don’t you dare say you aren’t worthy. You complement each-other so well, and you know the pros and cons of the other. I’m sure you have come across a few unsightly things, vice-versa. You earned this happiness, Dara. You are more worthy than anyone else I have met to be gifted with this happiness. Oh, and stop rubbing your eyes, you’ll smear your mascara.”

Sandara laughed weakly, a positive sign most definitely. She remembered why she had bothered befriending the young blonde in the first place, she was a fiery spirit she couldn’t help but admire then. A victim of low self-esteem and anxiety from time to time, Chaerin aided her through her journey, and she was always there. “I love you, Chae.” She hugged her friend and boldly got to her feet, tossing her flowers over her shoulder. “Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a man to legally bind myself to.”

“Dara! I think you smudged some eye make-up!”


Chaerin willed the oncoming tears to evaporate, she couldn’t look a mess at a wedding that wasn’t even hers, now could she?

Sandara looked gorgeous in her white silk, her lovely brown eyes staring straight at her groom, Kang Dong Wan. She shined with every step, commanding the audience’s attention, her heart racing wildly.

Bom was full-on bawling beside her, Siwon huddling her close. Dara had become the second one in their group to be wed. Chaerin glanced to her right, the reserved seat empty of its intended occupant. She hoped Minji could make it to the reception in time. The girl was getting lost on her own constantly, though.

She should have brought her.


“I can’t believe you got the institution to grant your request to hold your wedding on campus.” Siwon marveled.

Sandara groaned, “Believe me when I say it wasn’t easy, but worth it.” She smiled at her husband communicating with her family.

“Why did you choose this place?”

“It held dear memories for me. I wanted my wedding to be a bridge between all of them.”

Bom and Chaerin loudly expressed the heartfelt gesture and smothered their friend in a group hug. “You shouldn’t have,” Bom replied, pinching Dara’s cheeks.

“Must you abuse my sister’s cheeks? It hasn't even been that long since the ceremony.” Sanghyun uttered, forcing his way into the conversation.

Chaerin laughed, “Don’t be so jealous, Sanghyun-ah. Come here.” She pulled the sides of his face until he flushed, and smacked her hands away. “Aw, you used to be so cute.”

“Sanghyun, cute?” Lee Joon wondered aloud, the rest of Sanghyun’s friends joining Sandara’s table. “Now, that is something I would pay to see.”

Teasingly, Chaerin cast her attention on him, her legs crossing precariously. “Is that right? How much are we talking?”

A flustered Joon was knocked away by Sanghyun and Mir, the youngest already vying after Chaerin’s attention and could live just fine without more competitors than there already were for the teacher’s consent to a date.

“We were on our way out, we have to go get Seungho and Byunghee.” Sanghyun cleared up, briefly hugging his sister. “We’ll be back.”

As they departed, Bom and Sandara pinned their gaze to a nonchalant blonde. “You sure you don’t want us to fix you up on a blind date?”

“With Joon?” Bom specified, set on pushing the two together.

“He’s sweet and manly.” Sandara winked.

Chaerin waved them away. “Guys, I’m fine. I’m not an old maid, yet. And regardless of how attractive any of your brother’s friends are, I am not looking to date.”

The buxom beauty frowned, figured her friend was still hung up on that knucklehead she met during her college years. “Chae, hasn’t it been five years?”

Swiftly, she stood up and proclaimed her desire to look back at her old school. Alone.


Five years had flown by since her involvement with werewolves, the supernatural entities seemingly quelled for her stay at the school. Those were only a few measly years, and while the first had been the toughest, she survived, as she always did. She wasn’t twenty-two years old anymore, she was a certified primary school teacher, and her life was tranquil.

Her scars and mark served as the only reminder that Kris did exist and that he would come back, just like he promised.

She found herself outside the library’s doors, her thoughts overrun by Minji’s possible troubling predicament. Had she lost her way to the school she had recently finished attending?

Doubtful.

She glanced at her watch, and assuring herself she had spare time, followed the trail she had traveled countless times before. A crude sign shoved into the hard ground warned travelers and students to avoid this path, a steel gate in the works of barring folks from taking this lane.

Effortlessly, she walked by, and came face to face with her oak tree. Her fingers glided along the rough bark, a flashback of Kris forcing its way to the top of her thoughts. He left memories behind and she would treasure them till he found his way back.

Curious, she headed to the white house on the outskirts of the path, her feet transporting her rather eagerly. The dreadful state the house found itself in cemented the fact that they had indeed fled the area. Sighing, she returned to the limelight, humming a pleasant tune.

However, as she neared the familiar sign warning strangers to be cautious, a whistle playing along to her tune seized her. Without further thoughts, she dashed straight into the trees and bushes, uncaring of the snags her dress and hair found themselves in.

This sound pulled her past the house, past the oak tree and landed right smack in the middle of a closed off patch of dirt, a border of rocks outlining boundaries. She twisted and turned, following the piercing shrill, while her conscience jabbed at her, forced her to remember where exactly she was standing recklessly.

Her body whipped around ferociously, her hope raging that this would lead her to the person she felt destined to be with.

Well, he wouldn’t let anyone else have her, not with the mark he bestowed her with prominent on her shoulder.

Nervously, she tried humming to the owner of the whistle.

He listened, he waited, he rebutted.

Pleased at his response, she tried another tune, one that only he could know, one that only he sang.

Silence swallowed the arena, and she scanned her environment, avid in finding him. Firmly, she shut her eyes, she whispered. “Kris.”

His reply was directly to her tune and she collapsed to her knees, tears freely flowing from her closed eyelids.

She smiled.


“You’re such a jerk, you had to make a dramatic entrance?” Chaerin reprimanded, his shenanigans wearing her heart out.

Kris laughed, wrapping her closer to him. “I couldn’t help it. I wanted to make sure you were still waiting.”

She huffed, “I know for a fact you would have gutted any guy I showed a slight interest in.”

“Wise.” He paused. “Chaerin?”

She murmured, “Hm?”

“You should really straighten out your dress, and are you sure the fresh marks on your upper torso will go unnoticed by the crowd?”

“Wait, what? Fresh marks? You idiot, I have had enough of your primitive brands!”


Chaerin waved farewell to her friends, and a few glum male faces as she joined Kris’s side. Bom and Sandara observed conflicted, the girls aware of the heart-ache that very man had dealt to their precious sister, who was to say he wouldn’t strike again?

“Ah, I can’t take it.” Bom wailed, burying her face in her napkin.

Sanghyun grunted, “You should see the state that Mir is in.”

Sandara sighed, “We do have to trust her. Only she knows what’s best for her.”

Signing their approval they returned the gesture, Chaerin knowingly chuckled at the response.

Kris held her hand, led her to the house an old friend allowed her to reside in for the weekend she was gone. He restrained her from unlocking the door, settled for kissing her, his hands intent on memorizing the curves of her figure. Her laugh stifled by his barrage of rough kisses, she fumbled with the door, a free hand tearing at his collar.

They stumbled through the door, hands full of each-other, lips pressed against their respective counterpart, ready to scramble for the bedroom when another person in the room gruffly coughed to alert their attention to the situation.

Blushing, Chaerin covered her lips in embarrassment and peered at her surroundings, meanwhile Kris grunted upon the realization that her temporary residence was filled with his entire pack.

A cunning Luhan winked their way. “It’s okay, Kris. We made sure you scored before we settled in.” Beside him, Xiumin shook his head, the guy would have his neck wrung prior to the end of the day.

They all roamed about the house, drinks and food in their grubby hands, some observing Kris’s dominance of the female, and making mental notes to save for future trysts. As if that weren’t strange on its own, they cutely tried to buy their way into her home, till they got their own headquarters running efficiently again. Clearly, Luhan was the ace in this charade.

Regaining her voice, she roared, “What do you think you are doing?!”

Kris whiffed a peculiar scent from one of the youngest, his attention ensnared by Kai. The boy was unusually quiet, and reeking of something that was quite human. And female. Quirking a brow, he attempted to unravel the answer when he decided that s needed protection from a wild Chaerin.

Hurling pillows, she fumed, her life was never going to be the same, was it?


-Months Later-

“Shoo, go back to your girl before she tries biting my head off again.” Chaerin hissed, waving a large crayon at Luhan.

Luhan feigned shock. “She isn’t that wild, Chae. Sure, Nana might have her possessive issues, but don’t we all?” He wagged his eyebrows, suggesting a certain alpha was about the same level when it came to jealousy and selfish antics. Realizing he meant her lanky giant, the guy having been established as one of two alphas of Luhan's group (the other of course being Suho), she flung the orange crayon towards his head.


Chaerin sat in the grass, observed her students frolicking in the park under the bright, blue sky. The school had graciously provided funding for this outing and she hoped her little pupils lapped up the freedom of the day. Luhan had come by to assist her when Bom was called away for an emergency meeting at work, his angelic charms winning over the students’ hearts instantly.

She sighed, the guy was a natural born Casanova.

Minji was able to aid her; she scheduled for the day off, and even convinced her feisty beau to accompany her, against his wishes of course. But, the girl had a magnetic personality, easily capable of manipulating his hot-tempered self into doing her bidding. Kai had it coming, Chaerin figured. They were absolutely adorable, though.

Faster than she processed, the day came to an end, her students slowly picked by their guardians, Chaerin personally sending them off. There was always one student that lingered, a caretaker unable to make it on time for personal reasons, this one a petite girl, her hair straw-blonde. She fidgeted with her pink back-pack, worried that she had been permanently forgotten.

“Aw, honey, don’t worry. They’re coming soon. How could anyone forget you?” She cooed, humoring the child as time went by.

Eunji was giggling along, warming the heart, and reminding Chaerin why she pursued this career in the first place. The uncanny duo colored and doodled in notebooks to pass the time.

Her older guardian arrived an hour later into the evening, his head profusely sweating, his eyes sorry. Eunji pouted, stomped her foot, and refused to go to him – he practically abandoned her!

“Now, now, Eunji. He was just a little late. Sometimes, it’s difficult to stick to deadlines.” Chaerin murmured, prodding the girl forth. “Although, just between us, you can kick his at home and give him a good earful. Let him think everything’s cool first, then bam! Surprise him.” Giggling, the girl ran into the man’s wide-spread arms, his gaze wary of the child after that mouthful from her teacher.

“I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”

Laughing, Chaerin hushed him, the tips of his brown frayed hair sticking to his head. “It’s alright, Mr. Cha. Take care of her, she’s a special one.”

Cha Hakyeon nodded, and pled for forgiveness from the stubborn girl. “Oh, and where’s your bag?”

“Ah! I forgot to hand it to you, it should be here-!” Her words died as a young man slung the pink bag over his shoulder, his vibrant orange fringe drawing her focus.

“I got it.” A rough voice rumbled, startling her, the deep tone a great contrast to his boyish face. He cast an eye on her, his lips pulling back into a flirtatious smirk.

Baffled, she followed his gaze and jumped upon noticing a sliver of yellow ring his irises. She blinked rapidly, wondering if she had imagined that until her looming giant snatched her hand, briskly tugging her away.

“Kris, you’re early and what was that-?”

“Chaerin,” He grunted, “please, do not ask. And refrain from interacting with that particular bunch. They’re an eccentric lot that thrive off danger.”

She looked back, and found them gone from view, further piquing her interest. “You’re not telling me there are more creatures out here-“

Kris slapped a notebook to her unnerved features.

“Kris!”


He nuzzled her, thrummed under her touch.

“Your charm will only carry you so far.” She bit out, hypocritically kissing his jaw.

“I beg to differ,” Kris laughed by her ear. “You’re a fool to your emotions.”

Forcefully slapping a pillow to his face, she rolled over, and staggered to her feet, receiving a disappointed groan from her companion. “You can be so sensitive when you want to, dear. What kind of mate are you?” Chaerin sweetly purred, flipping her hair.

A deep red tinted his irises and he grumbled that he was indeed the perfect mate for her, at least. Preparing himself to pounce, he watched her every move and as she took off running past the bedroom door, he pursued, a canine sharpening from the adrenaline rush.

He easily caught her, his mouth happily rewarded with her kisses, his greedy arms eagerly crawling about her figure.

“Must you see those dogs tomorrow?”

“Kris, they’re my friends. It’s not every day Baekho and Yongguk drop by. Behave and you just might win something.”

“Pups?”

Chaerin stuttered. “P-pups? I am not ready to be a mother, yet. Are you insane?”

“Hm,” Kris had always been fascinated with challenges, which explained his attraction to this unconquerable female. He dragged a fang along her mark, “I am perfectly sane.”

Flushing, she shoved him aside, unyielding in the desire for children in her prime,“Yah!”

He was destined to turn her life upside down.

She wasn't complaining, often.


A/N: The only chapter to remain the same, omg. 

Thank you so much for your support on my first multi-chapter fic. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  It's a bit embarrassing to go back and read the writing, myskillswerepooromg, but I won't edit it. It's a nice memory. 

Thank you guys so much for reading. <3