When Chanyeol ...

Your Own Fairy Tale (Closed)

For: Eunhae_22

June 25th is a special day for Eunchin. It's her birthday, but that's not what that made her excited, it's the fact that this will be the first time that she get to spend it with her boyfriend. Eunchin squealed as she imagined the romantic stuff that Chanyeol would prepare for her.  

 

She giggled and jumped out of her bed to get ready for school. Eunchae tied her hair into a french side braid and slipped on her new converse that her parents bought for her yesterday. "I'm off to school!" She shouted to her mom and she replied for her to take care of herself.  

 

She tapped her feet on the ground as he hummed along to her favorite tune. "What could he be doing now?" A broad smile appeared on her face as she once again imagined petals of roses spread on her table and then a dreamy Chanyeol holding a cake appeared in the class. "That would be so so so great." She sighed and giggled. 

 

The bus arrived and she hopped in. She was in a great mood and the bus driver noticed it when she greeted him with a smile and a wave. "Good morning, Ahjussi." She scanned her card and sat at her usual spot in the bus. It took 10 minutes by bus to her school and she had to walk for 5 minutes to get to the school.  

 

Her girlfriends attacked her with hugs and the next thing she knew ,she was hugging the presents that they got for her. "Open it when you got home." One of them told her to which she nodded. "So …" They nudged her side. "What did Chanyeol do for you?" Eunchae shrugged and smiled. "Not yet, maybe in the class." She excitedly said. 

 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Go to your class! Go!" The pushed her to her locker. Eunchae kept her presents in the locker and took all of the books she needed. She literally hopped towards her class in excitement and her eyes brightened up when she saw Chanyeol by her table. 

 

She hugged him from behind and kissed his cheek. "Oh hey babe." He said casually and went back to doing his unfinished homework. Eunchae frowned as she looked at him. "What are you doing?" She asked as she sat down beside him. "English. Mr.Kim will kill me."He groaned and quickly wrote something on his book. 

 

"Really?" She pouted and sat there in silence to wait until Chanyeol finished his homework. He closed her book and turned to her. "So, what's up?" He asked and Eunchae was this close to punching his face. She didn’t just wake up early for this . 

 

"It's today, right?" She attempted to make him remember but, "Yeah, I need to send this today or else," Eunchae sighed. "Isnt there any special thing going on today?" She asked but Chanyeol shook her head. "No, why? Is there?" HE asked which made Eunchae angry and ignored him. "Ugh, nothing."  

 

They spend the rest of the day together at school and not even once did Chanyeol even do a special event for her or even wish her a happy birthday. Chanyeol had something to so after school and she had to go back home alone. 

 

She frowned and kicked the rock right in front of her. "This ." 

 

At night, she was doing her homework but she was in a really bad mood for it. She celebrated her birthday over dinner and even when her mom got her a new bracelet that  she always wanted to buy did not cheer her up. She groaned and threw her homework to the side. 

 

She decided to just sleep off the disappointment and dream the events that she thought Chanyeol would do.  

 

Duk.Duk.Duk. she heard a weird sound coming from her window. She thought she was just imagining things but the sound became louder.  

 

She opened up her window and almost got the shock of her life to see a tall figure sitting down on a chair at her backyard. "What are you doing here?" She asked but he replied with a smile. 

 

He was holding a guitar and she couldn’t believe her eyes when he sang and played it for her. He fixed his gaze at her and she did the same.  

 

"Happy birthday, baby." He sang and with one last strum, he dashed off to somewhere Eunchae did not know. He came back minutes later with a beautiful cake in his hands. "Come down and blow this." It took Eunchae 1 second to rushed downstairs and to her backyard. 

 

She kissed Chanyeol's cheeks and closed her eyes for a wish. She blew the candle and Chanyeol did this thing with his head since he could not clap, he just moved his head around. He put down the cake and Eunchae hugged him tightly. "You remembered all along?" She asked and he nodded as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "How can I forget my girlfriend's birthday?" He chuckled. 

 

They spent the next half an hour enjoying each other's presence and Chanyeol  about her face earlier that day when he lied about her birthday. "You're mean, okay. I really thought you forgot my birthday." 

 

He laughed and pulled her closer. he held out the spoon and fed his girlfriend the cake that he bought. "It's good." She put out two thumbs up. Chanyeol shyly put a CD on her lap and she curiously opened it up.  

 

It has his face holding a guitar on it and she saw a letter that he wrote at the back of the CD case. "I sang some of our favorite songs. It's the acoustic version." He said. Eunchae felt warmth spreading inside her in the cold windy night and hugged the CD closely to her chest. 

 

"This is the best birthday present ever."