When Kai ...

Your Own Fairy Tale (Closed)

For: yeobosaranghae

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yojung smiled and looked at the dress admiringly. "Right, Jongin?" Her smile faltered when she saw him standing near her but his mind seemed to be  somewhere else. He was looking at her but seemed to be thinking of someone else. 

 

"Jongin-ah?" She tapped his shouldered and he straightened himself right away. "Why? What is it?" Yojung inwardly sighed and furrowed her eyebrows. Jongin had been doing that lately, falling into his unknown thoughts and he seemed to be out of it when he was with her lately.  

 

"You're done? Let's go then." Jongin turned around and walked out of the store, leaving Yojung alone. "But .." She looked at the dress and hung it up. "Was it too ugly on me?" She wondered out loud and assumed it was the case when Jongin didn’t even take a second glance on the dress when she asked him about how she looked. 

 

She walked out of the store but Jongin was nowhere near where she was standing. Did he left her alone? Thankfully though, she managed to spot him, thanks to his height. She jogged, just so that she wouldn’t miss him again.  

 

"Wait, Jongin." She grabbed his arms so that he would stop walking. He looked back and seeing how his girlfriend was panting, he took her to the nearest bench for them to sit. "Why are you even panting? We were walking." 

 

Did he not notice that she was left alone ? Something was off, Yojung knew it but she couldn't put a finger on what it was. "Are you okay?" Yojung worriedly asked. 

 

Jongin faked a smile and shook his head. "Of course, babe." He stood up and pulled her along. He took her hand in his and walked side by side, this time. "I'll send you home."  

 

Yojung looked at him and sighed. "You said we'll have lunch together." Jongin bit his lips and apologized to her. "I'm not feeling good today. " 

"What? Are you okay? Are you sick?" She worriedly asked but he meekly smiled. "No, it's just … I'm fine." She knew that something's bothering him but she couldn't figure it out. "Okay then." 

 

Yojung thought it was just a one time thing but it wasn’t. He did the same thing, over and over again until Yojung decided it was time to ask him and squeeze the truth out of him.  

 

She walked over to her boyfriend's friends and cautiously tapped on one of the guys' shoulder. The tall one turned around and he looked surprised to see her. "Oh Yojung-ssi. What are you doing here?" He looked genuinely happy to see her. 

 

She scanned the whole group but Jongin was not with them. "Ah, you're looking for Kai?" Baekhyun, who was twirling a pen with his fingers said. Kai was what Jongin's friends called him. It started out a nickname but now it became somewhat his second name. 

 

Yojung nodded and played with her fingers as she felt awkward when 11 faces looked at her, their attention fully on her only. "I think he's still in his class." D.O said. 

 

What was he doing in class when it's lunch. Jongin would never miss lunch just because of class, heck, he wouldn’t even stay in class more than he needs to. 

 

Yojung slightly bowed her head and smiled gratefully. "Thank you." Some of the boys waved at her to which she awkwardly waved back but some just bowed back to her and some brats -Sehun and Tao- just acknowledged her presence by nodding at her. 

 

"Bye bye Yojung-ssi. Hang out with us some time!" she could Chanyeol's deep voice yelled at her as she turned around.  

 

As Yojung neared Jongin's class, she could hear laughter and followed by Jongin's voice. Careful not to make a sound, she peered on the window and saw two figures sitting at the table in the middle of the class. Jongin's head moved and she could see who the other figure was. 

 

"Yerim … " Yojung muttered. Yerim is the prettiest girl in school. Not to mention, she swept the first place trophies in most dance competition. Yojung remembered Jongin talking about how amazing she was once, when he first saw her dancing since they were in the same club. But she did know that the two of them close, too close in fact. If one did not see carefully enough, they would assume they were kissing , that's how close they were sitting. 

 

Jongin seemed to be teaching her something but the book was left abandoned on the table with them only paid attention toe each other. Yojung could not even believe her eyes, Jongin teaching someone seems like a ridiculous idea since he's not even the type to teach someone. He doesn’t have high tolerance to teach someone new stuff. But he proved her wrong, apparently. 

 

Yojung held in her breath when the two of them stopped moving and stared at each other. From where she was standing, she could see the way Jongin's eyes twinkled when he looked at Yerim. The twinkle was too familiar when he used to looked at her with those eyes and not at Yerim, but this time's that's not the case. 

 

From that moment on, Yojung knew that Jongin just slipped off her fingers and now his heart belonged to someone else. 

 

They were together again but this time they were at Yojung's house, working on their homework together. It sort of became their routine to do homework together after school. 

 

Yojung has always been the one to do the homework diligently while Jongin's the one who jokes around but this time, she kept on staring at him and not doing her homework. She couldn’t help but wonder what happened after she left. 

 

"Why?" He asked, not lifting his head from the book. She snapped out of her thoughts and shook her head. "Nothing. " Should her let him go? 

 

Both of them were walking side by side. Yojung had Jongin's cardigan loosely wrapped around her and Jongin walked with a distance that bothered her as they walked in silence. Both of them has something to say in their mind but no one dared to speak up their thoughts. 

They arrived at the bus stop and they sat to wait for the bus. Yojung looked at Jongin and she furrowed her eyebrows to figure out what she should do.  

 

Do I love him? Yes. 

 

Can I let him go? No. 

 

Was it worth it to let him go just so that he'll be happy? … Yes 

 

Yojung took off Jongin's cardigan off her and put it on his lap. That made him to look at her. "It's cold, babe." She smiled as it would be that last time that she would hear him calling her that.  

 

"Jongin-ah." She started off and he hummed in response. "Don’t you have something to tell me?" He shook his head and she continued. "I … I think we should call this off." 

 

Jongin was confused so she explained. "Let's break up." Yojung's heart broke when Jongin sat in silence and didn’t even question to why she was doing it.  

 

"You knew?" His question caught her off guard. "I saw .. both of you." She meekly smiled and held in the tears. He dropped his head and she could see tears dropping onto his jeans. "I'm sorry." 

 

Yojung stood up as she saw the bus coming from far, "I'll be going then …" She had little hopes inside of her for him to stand up and hugged her but that did not happened. 

 

She turned around and that was when she realized that they were over, they're strangers now.  

 

 

Jongin felt like days after Yojung asked for a breakup. He was not himself and he even skipped classes. Isn't this what he wanted? Didn’t he like Yerim? but why does she seemed o annoying and needy. 

 

Jongin shook off her fingers from his arms and groaned. "Leave me alone." He grunted. It had been 2 weeks and he couldn’t even catch a glance at Yojung after their breakup. Somehow, he felt as if he would feel at ease if he could see her, just for a second, a second would be more than enough.  

 

Jongin stood up and left Yerim alone in the class. He jogged to Yojung's class . He needed to see her. He was a fool. How can he let her go? How can he let the girl that stole his heart with one look, go? How foolish of him to think that he liked Yerim when all he felt was attracted. He felt attracted to her dance and not herself.  

 

He panted as he scanned his eyes in the class but there's no Yojung anywhere. "Where's Yojung?" He asked the one's sitting on the front row, nearest to where he was standing. The boy shrugged, "She's been absent for a week." 

 

"What?" He asked. Jongin cursed to himself and immediately turned around. Thankfully, he spotted Yojung's best friend right outside the door. He asked the same question and she told him that Yojung's sick and that's the only thing that made Jongin to run out of the school. 

 

 

Leaving his stuff behind, he took the bus and went to her house. He pressed the bell countless times and Yojung's mother opened the door.  

 

"Is …" Her mother gave him a warm smile and said, "She's upstairs, Jongin-ah. Come in."  

 

"Can you take this to her? I need to fetch her brother from the kindergarten." Jongin nodded and took the tray from her. "Of course, Omonim." 

He carefully went upstairs and knocked onto her door. "Yes, Mom?" He heard her voice and instantly he felt warm inside. "It's me." He said as he opened the door. 

 

She sat up upon seeing him and he could notice the cast on her foot right away. He placed the tray on the table and sat down beside her. "What happened?" 

 

Yojung bit her lips. "Did you …" Jongin hesitated. Yojung chuckled. "No, I did not do this to myself just because we broke up."  

Jongin felt embarassed to even assume that she did. "Haejin didn’t keep his toys after playing with it and I stepped on one and fell off the stairs."  

He touched her cast, and then took her hand in his. His heart broke when Yojung slipped her hand out of his grip. "What did the doctor say?" He said to cover up his dissappointment 

 

"I'll be fine in a few weeks." She shrugged. "Can you get me that tray? I'm hungry."  

 

He spent almost 2 hours with Yojung and it was awkward. Jongin was trying to get back with her but she was avoiding him. "It's time for you to go back to school, don’t you think?" It almost seem as if she was kicking him out. 

 

"Yerim would be …" Yojung was cut off by Jongin. "I don’t like Yerim." He blurted. "Don't even lie." She muttered and Jongin sighed. "I'm not." 

"I'm not going to lie but I did felt attracted to her, but I'm just attracted t how she conveyed her feelings into the dance she does and not her true self. " 

"I admire her, as a dancer but I'm in love with you." 

 

"You …" Jongin held her hands and kept them in his. "Please, Yojung-ah. You don’t even know what I've been through these past weeks without you." Yojung looked into his eyes and saw that he's being honest.  

 

"Will you be mine again?"  

 

Yojung bit her lips … "I …" 

 

 So ... I didn't score my trial exam and only got 1A lol.