CHAPTER 2

LOVE STORIES : “A Little White Lie”

Yoona’s POV

I don’t know what I felt right now. If I can see, my face was redden and it’s really damn hot! Geez, who’s the one throw that damn ball to me? Yuri-unnie helped me to stand up and everybody looked at me. I looking around and found two worried face. Yuri-unnie, and that jerk Kyuhyun. So he’s the one throw the ball to me?

I don’t know what to do. My eyes suddenly become hot and I feel like I’m going to crying. I bit my lips and turned my body. I run away leaving those people.

“Yoona!!” I heard Yuri-unnie called my name.

“Wait!!” and I heard other voice. I don’t know who’s that one.

I don’t know why I want to crying. And I’m such a crybaby girl. I wiped my tears who come down from my eyes. Luckily everybody is on the field, and the rest was going home. I stepped the staircase on the library building. The library have two floor, and I’m going to the second floor. There’s a hidden place there. The place that just some people know.

I sit on the bench there and sobbing hard. I don’t know why I’m being such crybaby girl? It’s very embarrassing there. Is my nose blood? I checked by wiped my philtrum, but no blood there. Just my snots there. I took out tissue and wiped it. My eyes would now be swollen if I go home.

My tears keep come out and I’m sobbing hard. Why I should cry on this situation? I’m the Him Yoona by the way, and now I’m being a crybaby girl? I hugged my bag and let my tears come out until it’s dry. It’s been two hour I’m here, and the game is going to end. I should go home as soon as possible before everyone see me.

I wiped my snots and my tears then stand up. I walked downstairs and going ahead to school gate. Luckily the library was near the gate. So I can walked straightly and no one will know me. I run out of the gate and then walked when I felt I was far from school. The bus come when I reached bus stop. I ride it and sit in the corner behind. I’m still sobbing even my tears didn’t came out.

After home, I run upstairs and go to my room. I locked the door and jump to the bed. I put my face on the pillow and, ! I’m crying again. But luckily it just for a while and I decide to wash my body. I come out and bring my towel also clothes.

“Noona,” called Onew. He just stepped upstairs and he see me going to bathroom. “You’re home early? I thought you’re home at six. You said that you’re watch the basketball match?”

“Oh, I felt bored so I go home.” I said lied to him.

“Yah, Noona. Your face is red and your eyes swollen. What happened to you?” asked Onew.

I shooked my head. “I-I’m fine. I’m just got sleepy in because last night I can’t sleep well.” I said to him and entered the bathroom. I know well he’s really care of me, but I don’t want tell this thing to him. He will laughed die if he know this. I can’t show to him my crybaby-side. He will teased me more.

After I closed the door I sighed. What a long day! I still remember Yuri-unnie’s and Kyuhyun’s worried face to me. Kyuhyun. That jerk is really annoying guy. How dare him throw that ball to me. I know it’s accident, but I’m really embarrassing. And I wonder about something.

When I crying on the empty space beside the library, I heard footsteps sound on the stairs. But then, it’s disappeared. Maybe the librarian. The library is closed at five, and that time it’s almost five o’clock. Maybe she thought that there’s no one come to the library so he closed it and go home early. Yeah, maybe it’s like that.

End POV

***

“Yoona!!” Yuri run toward Yoona who just entered the school building. She patted Yoona’s shoulder. “Hey! Where are you yesterday? Are you going home?”

“Uh, yeah. I-I’m going home.” said Yoona stuttered. She can’t told Yuri what happened to her. they walked together to their class.

“Are you okay now? You seemed not well yesterday.”

“I’m fine.” Yoona answered. “I’m totally fine now.” she smiled.

“You met Kyuhyun-oppa?” Yoona frowned. “He chased you when you run away. I don’t know what happened, but his played was so bad yesterday. He seemed very lifeless after he hit you. And finally, he choose to change player and won’t played again. Our class lose yesterday. You met him, don’t you?” Yuri raised her eyebrows.

Yoona shooked her head. “Nope. I didn’t met him.” she said and looked suprised. So, that footsteps sound is him? But, it’s impossible. He’s the arrogant guy, he won’t say sorry to me, she thought.

“Hey, you’re day dreaming.” Yuri nudging Yoona’s waist.

“Huh? Oh, no. I’m just thought. It’s impossible if Kyuhyun chased me. I didn’t met him.”

“I just tell you the truth.” Yuri said and they sit in their own sit.

Victoria and her friends, Krystal was come in hopeless and they sit in their own seat. Yuri frowned and patted her shoulder.

“What happened, Unnie?” asked Yuri.

“We’re failed again. Sungmin-oppa won’t tell us.” Said Victoria and Krystal just nodded. They then sighed and look more hopeless.

“Failed?” Yoona frowned.

“Yeah. We’re asked for Kyuhyun-oppa number to his bestfriend, Sungmin-oppa. He’s the one who know his number.” Explain Yuri.

“Why you don’t asked his classmates?”

“That’s impossible. The one who know his phone number just Sungmin-oppa, and he won’t told us Kyuhyun-oppa’s phone number. So irritating.” Said Yuri. “Kyuhyun-oppa is not the type who will tell everyone about him. His fans doesn’t know much about him. That’s why it’s so difficult to find his phone number. Oh, and also it’s really difficult to have talk with him. He’s so quiet and unconcerned person.”

“Oh, yeah. I can see it from his face.” Said Yoona and she nodded.

***

Yoona’s POV

“Onew-ah! I’m going out for a while. Just stay at home, arasso?!”

“Where are you going, Noona?” asked Onew. He popped his head from the border of second floor.

“I’m just want have a fresh air and enjoy the weather since now is spring season.” I said and walked out from the door.

I took my bicycle and ride it to the shopping center in my town. There’s a lot of shop there and it’s build side-to-side so it’s look neat and beautiful. I want to go to clothes shop, but it’s very bored if there’s not Yuri-unnie. And finally I stopped at the DVD rent shop. It’s been long time I didn’t rent DVD at home because of the Mid Exam two month ago. I want know what the new films now. I parked and locked my bicycle in front of the store, then walked inside.

“Hello, Miss. It’s long time you’re not here.” said the sales assistant and also a cashier.

“Hello, Sir.” I bowed to him.

“You’re going to rent some DVD’s?” he asked.

I nodded. “Yes, it’s been long time I didn’t watch any films.”

“You can search the films first. If you need any help, called me and I’ll recomended you the new and good films.”

I smile and walked search what the film I’m going to watch in the shelves. There’s a lot of films here, and it’s pretty good to see. But it’s impossible I rent all the DVD. I’ll choose two films to watch with Onew in home. Mom told us this morning that she will stay at Grandma’s house for two days and Dad was went on trip. It’s going to be a great night. Oh, and after this I should buy some snacks to accompany me watch the films and also to fulfill my stomach who always starving at midnight.

I saw someone entered the shop and stand in front of the cashier table. Seems like that guy is familiar. I frowned my eyebrows and I just can saw his back.

“Can I help you?” asked the sales assistant.

“Um, yeah. I’m going to rent some DVDs.” He said. Wait! His voice... I know this voice. I turned my head to him when a name crossed my mind. Kyuhyun?!

“You have the customer card?” asked the sales assistant.

“No. It’s my first time come here.” he asked. Geez, why that jerk guy is always around?

“Then, you have to make the customer card first. Do you have identity card?”

I just hide in the shelves near me and peeked on him. He took his wallet and took out his identity card. He gives it to the sales assistant. The sales assistant seems like typing something.

“Name?” he asked.

“Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Home adress?”

“Apgujung street number 32.”

“Have a phone number?”

“Ah yes. 0856xxxxxxxx.”

Phone number? I took out my phone and typing his number. It’s going to be a great news. I’ll sell his number to his girlfans. So they didn’t need to asked Sungmin, his bestfriend. I giggled behind the shelves and people looked at me with narrowed eyes. Maybe they thought I’m a little bit crazy because I was laughed by myself. I stopped and cleared my throat. I put back my phone after saving his number. Finally, I can get revenge on him. Just wait and see you jerk Cho Kyuhyun!!

“Okay, you can find the DVDs first.” Said the sales assistant.

Kyuhyun turned his body and I widen my eyes. He walked to the shelves not far from me. I keep watch on him. He can’t see me in this place after that accident. I pretend to look some DVDs and choosing some good films.

“What are you doing here?”

I jumped in shocked when voice of someone come from behind me. I know well this voice, it’s maybe that jerk guy. I turned my head and saw Kyuhyun was stood behind me. I gulped seeing him right behind me. I never see him in this close distance. He’s really tall and look more gorgeous than I saw him lastly in the basketball match.

“H-huh? W-what are you saying?” I asked him and stepped backward. Try to have a space from him.

“I said, what are you doing here?” he seems like chuckled. Did my face look like funny in front of him?

“O-of course I-I’m going to rent some film DVDs.” I said bravely to him.

“Ah, like that DVD?” he pointed at a DVD I touched.

What? I turned to the DVD I touched in the shelves. There was picture of a girl who just wear mini clothes and a boy who wear short pants without clothes. I read the tittle of that DVD. ‘American Pie’?????!!!!! What the hell!! I looked at other DVD on this shelves. It’s all a hot film. Damn! How can I met him in front of this shelves. He may think I like to watch those films. AISH!!

“American Pie? Such a great choice.” He said and giggled. Everyone around us looking at me and they giggled of what they heard and saw on us.

I pulled my hand and scratched my nape. It’s so embarrassing! I can feel my face was redden now. And he just giggled in front of me. Did he think it’s funny?! That guy is really a jerk! I turned my body and walking straight to the door.

“Miss, you’re not going to rent some DVDs?” asked the sales assistant.

“No. I’ll come here next time.” I replied without looking at him and just walked straightly to the out door. How can my day become like this? I unlocked my bicycle and saw he still giggled inside the shop. He still looked at me. The shelves we met was near the window, so he may still stayed there and laughed happy for me. That brat! Just wait my revenge you, Jerk!!

I ride my bicycle on the saddle and turned my head to him. He was smiling and don’t know why my heart beating faster. Just ignored him, Yoona. He made you embarrassed in front of a lot of people twice! I stuck out my tongue and paddling my bicyle go home. What a bad day!! This the worst day in my life!!! I hate you Cho Kyuhyun!!

End POV

***

“Is Sungmin-oppa told you?” asked Yuri to Victoria. Victoria shooked her head in hopeless. They try to asked Sungmin again, but Sungmin still don’t want to tell them.

“What’s happened, Unnie? Why Victoria-unnie is so lifeless like that?” Asked Yoona.

“She tried asked Sungmin-oppa about Kyuhyun-oppa’s phone number, but it was failed again.” Said Yuri in hopeless too.

“Kyuhyun’s phone number?” asked Yoona excitedly. “I...” she silent before she thought something. I know I can get advantage from this way, but he may hated me because of sell his phone number. He might know that I’m peeked him on the DVD rent shop two days ago, she thought.

“You what?” asked Yuri.

“I... I just suggest, why don’t ask the administration?” said Yoona.

Yuri sighed. “We’re trying, but Mrs. Kang is really strict person. She will asked us what for that number. If there’s not an important case, she won’t give it.”

“Ya, Unnie. Don’t be sad, okay? Let’s go to the canteen. I’m hungry by the way. Last night Onew won’t shared his food with me, so I’m very starving now.” Yoona pulled Yuri’s hand.

Yuri took a deep breath and smiled. “Kajja, I’m hungry too by the way.” She turned her head to Victoria. “Unnie, you don’t want join us go to canteen?” she asked.

“Huh? I’m come with you. I don’t want be alone in class.” Said Victoria and stand up.

***

Yoona’s POV

I read some books for the exam tomorrow. But history is too much boring. I closed the book and moved it away. I’m don’t have any appetite to reading those thick books. I looked at a clock who hang in the wall above the door. It’s nine thirty now, and my house was really like a burial. Mom still at Grandma’s place, Dad will go home two days again, and Onew. I bet he’s sleeping now. He’s really a sleepyhead.

I turned the chair and saw my phone was on the bed. I grabbed it and played with it for a while until I found a number without names there. I still remember whose number that. It’s Kyuhyun’s phone number. I smirked after I got a good idea of that number. I called that number and the connected sound was heard on my ear. After five seconds, I canceled it and giggled. I called that number again and canceled again after five seconds. He might wonder who’s the one called him right now. Just wait, did he will called me back? I can teasing him by reject the call.

It’s almost fifteen minutes, but there’s no call. I put my phone on the table and saw it. Hope there just a message or a call from him. But it’s almost ten and there’s no call or message come to my phone. Should I call him again? Or I tried to texting him messages?

I shooked my head. No, no, no. It can’t. Seems like I was attracted by him. I snorted as I thought about it. It’s impossible. We’re just knowing each other, how can I fall with him? That’s impossible. Beside, there was still Changmin-oppa who actively texting to me now. But, I just feeling bored with him. He always asked and acted like a protective boyfriend. He texted me every hour though I’m at school that time. I don’t like protective guy.

I looking again at my phone. Oh, it was ten fifteen. I should sleep or I’ll going late tomorrow. The first lesson is history and I got an exam. I can’t continue the study. My mind is going to full about that Jerk, Changmin-oppa, and also Mr. Lee lesson tomorrow. I walked slowly to the bed and lying on it. I hugged my bolster tightly, try to transferred the stressed did I felt now.

End POV

***

Kyuhyun wake up lazily from his chair. He paused his game and walked to his bed. He took his phone and checked who’s the one called him in this hours. He opened the missed call and a number popped be the first in his missed call list. He frowned. Who’s owner the number?

Did one the girl in school know my phone number? I sure Sungmin-hyung won’t tell anygirls in school, but who’s number this? The people who know my number were Sungmin-hyung and my family, but I never seen this number in my contact list.

He shrugged and put his phone back. He sit on his seat and continue his work now, playing games. He will playing game after all of his family member was in their deep sleep. His Dad will scolded him if he found out that he was playing game.

His phone ring again. And he paused then run grabbed his phone. He’s going to pick up, but it’s cut off. He looked at his phone screen. That number again? He can’t think that person is looking for trouble with him. He turn offed his phone and put it on the desk beside his bed. He then turned to his computer and continue his game.