CHAPTER 4

LOVE STORIES : “A Little White Lie”

Yoona’s POV

I just read a novel in my bed for spend my spare time. It’s still nine and I don’t have anything to do. Onew was played with the computer and he won’t let me use it. Mom and Dad was watched tv and they won’t shared with me. Aish! So boring this time.

PIIP, PIIP, PIIP!!!

I took my phone on the desk beside my bed and opened one message that was on the screen. I jaw dropped when I saw who’s the one send me the message.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Hey, you keep called me twice yesterday. May I know who are you? I’m Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun.

My heart beating faster when I read that message. I bit my lips and looking at my phone screen. Should I replied it?

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

I’m sorry. I just wrong when typed my friend number. I just want , but I was wrong typed you number. I’m Im Soo Jung, just call me Krystal.

I press the button send and sighed. I’m lying again this time and used my cousin’s name? I sighed. Fortunately he was in Japan now. My phone ringing again.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Hi, Krystal! Nice to know you. Are you in senior high or university? May I know your school?

I try to calmed myself and typing it.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

I’m in senior high. Fine Academy Senior High. How about you? Are you in senior high or college?

I was very nervous waiting for his answer. My heart keep beating faster. Not for long, my phone ringing.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Then, we’re the same. I’m senior high student. I’m schooling at SM High. Wow, I can’t believe it you was the student of that school. Your was amazing.

I smiled when I read it.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

Thx. Your school is amazing too. I hope I can entered that school, but my family forcing me goign to this school. Btw, what are you doing? You’re not study?

I wonder he may not study. He’s so smart and clever boy. I was envy to his academic achievement when Yuri-unnie told me this morning. I took my phone when it ringing.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Thx. I just done my study a hour ago and now I don;t have anything to do. Usually, I’ll play games in my computer, but it just felt so boring right now.

Games? He’s a gamers?

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

Games? Are you gamers? I’m good at games too. What games do you like?

My heart beating faster waiting for the replied. And I will smile sheepishly read his message. What happened to me?

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Yes, I am. Jinjja? Then, let’s we met someday and play games together. I want to know your games skill. I like to play Starcraft. I have all of the version.

I smile sheepishly read his message. See? I’m like a crazy person.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

That’s a good idea. Let’s we meet someday and we’re doing games battle. :D

O-oh, I’ve must go bed now. Mom will scold me if I’m sleep late. Nice to know you, Kyuhyun-ssi. : )

I should ended the messages now. My head can’t think anymore and I’m so blankly. I took my phone when it’s ringing.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Games battle? Okay, I’ll be won that battle. Kkkk~

Oh, arasso. Sleep well then. I’m glad to know you too, Krystal. Don’t call me formally, just call me Oppa or Kyuhyun is alright since we’re in the same grade, maybe? Kkkk. Just, don’t call me Kyuhyun-ssi. Arasso? Good nite. ^_^

My heart felt so melted when I read it. I just thought that Kyuhyun is the cold and arrogant person. But, I’m wrong. He’s very kind and warm. We’re just know, but he acted like he know me so well and always showed his warm side. I smile sheepishly when I remember him.

Okay, it’s time to sleep! I’ll get up late tomorrow if I didn’t sleep right now. I put my phone on the desk and pulled the blanket until my chest. I hug my bolster and squeezed it. I don’t know but felt so happy right now. God, let me had a beautiful dream tonight.

End POV

***

 Yoona looked up from her novel books when she felt someone was sat beside her. she closed the book and turned her head to that someone who was Yuri. Yuri face look so expresionless and lifeless.

“Unnie, what happened to you?” asked Yoona.

“I’m just down on my mood go to school, Yoong.”

“Why?” Yoona frowned.

Yuri sighed. “Kyuhyun-oppa is absent now because of sick.”

“WHAT?!” shouted Yoona. She shocked when she heard Yuri’s words. He’s sick? Is it because of me throw that ball yesterday?

“Why you’re shocked like that?” asked Yuri lazily.

“Oh, nothing. It just good seeing him sick now.” said Yoona. “Why you care so much, Unnie? You’re just his fangirl.”

“Ya, Im Yoona. If Kyuhyun-oppafelt sad, I’m sad too. If he happy, I’ll be happy too. That’s what called love. Btw, I’m not his fangirl. I’m his girlfriend-to-be someday,” Yuri smile ear to ear as she said the last words. She then turned her head to Yoona made her startled.

“What?” asked Yoona uncomfortable with Yuri’s look at her.

“Did you forgive, Kyuhyun-oppa for the last time he throw you ball?”

“No, I won’t. And beside who you are asking like that?” Yoona crossed her arms and felt annoying because of Yuri.

“I told you that I’m his girlfriend-to-be someday. I just want apologize behalf on Kyuhyun-oppa. He’s sick and look weak now.” she said in sad voice.

“Unnie, seriously. Who’s the one important? Me or Kyuhyun?”

“You two are important. You’re my bestfriend forever and he’s my crush also boyfriend-to-be. You two had a important role on me.”

Yoona just sighed and looking outside the window. her face suddenly become worried when Kyuhyun figure was crossed her mind. Is Kyuhyun right now? Did I throw it too hard to him? AISH! How can I become so rude to him? He even trying to be kind in front of me.  Yooan scratched her nape and her minds full of Kyuhyun’s sick reason absent today. Is it because of me?

Yoona turned her body to facing the window. she secretly took out her phone from her vest pocket and she turn on it. She want write message there. Before she typing she peek at Yuri. Yuri is lifted down her head and seems like busy with her science assignment. Yoona looking back at her phone. She then typing her message there. After she typing she looking for a name on her contact list and pressed the ‘send’ button. She then sighed in relieved.

Five minutes later, her phone vibrate inside her vest pocket. She hurriedly took it out and see who’s the one sent message to her. She hoped that it’s not Changmin who send her. But then she smile ear to ear when she read the messages and who’s the one send it.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

I’m fine. I just a little fever and my nose blooding yesterday. Thx for asking. I’m feeling better now. : )

But, how you know I’m sick and absent for school? O.o

Yoona feel guilty. He’s nose blooding? Is that because of me throw that damn ball? She felt worries inside her heart. She then looked at Yuri again. Yuri seems too focus on her assignment and totally ignore her. Yoona then press the ‘reply’ button.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

Nose blooding? Oh my God! But, fortunately you’re feeling better right now. Just get a lot of rest, arasso. ^^

Ah, yeah. My cousin was school at there. I just find out that she’s your schoolmates. And she just told me this  morning. She said that you were sick and absent for school. : )

Yoona pressed ‘send’ button and put back her phone on her vest pocket. She then sighed and hold her head with her pamls as she put her elbow on the table. She felt guilty to him. Did he really feelling well now? They just know each other but, she seems like worried a lot to him. AISH! I’m very weird.

Yoona took out her phone when it’s vibrate.

From : Kyuhyun

Okay, I will. Thx for worried. : )

Cousin? Who’s her name? Maybe I know her.

Yoona bit her lips before she press ‘reply’ button.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

She’s Yoona, Im Yoona. I don’t think so if you’re know her. She’s not a popular one in her school. She just the quiet person. : )

Yoona’s heart beating faster as she waiting for the reply. Her phone vibrate on the table and she hurriedly took it.

From : Kyuhyun Jerk

Yoona? I think I know her. She’s the one who throw that ball to me until I got nose blooded. She’s look like a girl, but I sure that actually she’s a boy. She have a strong strength. Kkkk~! Sorry, for say that. :D

Yoona felt her shoulders down. She was felt very guilty to him. That’s because of me. She want to cry, but she calmed herself. She hold her tear on her eyes.

To : Kyuhyun Jerk

It’s okay. Yoona-unnie is kinda strong. My father called her Him Yoona because of her strength defeat him on the arm wrestling challenge. : )

Oh, my teacher was come. I think we can chat again later. Get well soon. I’m so sorry behalf on her made you sick. : )

Yoona send that message and let out a heavy sighed. Seems like he didn’t like her. Yoona turn off her phone and put back on her bag. She don’t want use her phone until school end.

Yoona can’t focus on her lesson time. Every teacher will caught her was dreaming in their middle lesson. Yoona just apologize, but she dreaming out again. Miss Kang caught she was dreaming when she explain about her lesson that time. She then called Yoona twice, but Yoona still ignoring her. Yoona was looking at outside window.

“Im Yoona!”

Yooan startled and turned her head to Miss Kang. “Yes, Miss?” she asked blankly.

“Can you solve this problem?” Miss Kang said and pointed at the math problem she write on the board.

Yoona narrowed her eyes and scratched her nape. What kind of problem is that? I don’t know how to solve it. It’s kinda difficult. “I-I’m s-sorry, Miss Kang. I can’t solve it.” she said and bowed her head. She afraid seeing Miss Kang killer face.

Miss Kang sighed and crossed her arms. “Just pay attention to my lesson, okay? I don’t want you to get a bad score this time.” She said and continue teach her students.

Yoona just nodded and bowed her head. She sighed for the nth times, almost made Yuri narrowed her eyes when she looks at her bestfriend.

“Are you okay?” asked Yuri.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Yoona replied weakly and Yuri just nodded. She know, Yoona may not shared what she felt right now and she had to give her time.

Yoona walked to the basketball field behind her school. Yuri can’t accompany her because she had a club meeting in the break time. So, Yoona just leave alone in class. She felt so boring in class, so she come out and her foot bring her to this field.

Yoona sit on the bench on the field-edge. She looking around and saw a lot of students were played basketball. She can see Kyuhyun’s friends were playing there without the ‘star’. She feeling guilty after she hit Kyuhyun at that time.

***

Yoona’s POV

I just looking at Yuri-unnie who seems like busy doing her assignment. I wonder why she always doing her assignment on the school, not her in her home. She completely ignoring me this time. I was felt so bored so that’s why I took out my novel and read it.

The bell was rang and the students entered their own class. We’re waiting for Miss Park to come to our class. But, it’s was more that ten minutes, she didn’t come. Then, Hankyung, our captain class walk entered the class with a paper in his hand. He then stand in front of the class.

“Attention please!!” he shouted. Everybody looking at him. “Miss Park can’t attend our class now. She absent for some reason. She entrust this assignment to Mr. Lee, and he gave me this. We have to do this questions until her last period over.” He said and showed the paper to us. “Yuri-ah,” he called Yuri-unnie and she lifted up to see who called them.

“What?”

“Here, photocopy this paper then distribute to us.” Hankyung said and he walked to give that paper to Yuri-unnie. Since she’s the class treasure, she had to do this little thing.

“Oh, okay.” She replied.

The other student who waited for the paper is just stay and doing what she likes,and  the other was going out playing soccer and basketball.

“Oh God. How can I finish my assignment?” Yuri unnie scratched her hair and looking at both paper and her assignment.

“Let me photocopy that paper, Unnie. You can finished your assignment.” I said to her offered my self.

Yuri-unnie just nodded since there’s no one would help her except me who offered myself. I just want to kill the bored cause of Yuri-unnie ignoring me. She took out her wallet and give me money to pay the photocopy. I walked out to the stationery store that located in front of my school. Luckily I know better the owner of that store.

Mr. Jang, the owner was photocopied some paper and he lifted his head when I come. “Hello, Yoona. Anything you need, Dear?” he asked friendly.

“Can you photocopied this, Sir?” I asked and showed my paper.

“Ah, yes. But you have to queue. I’ll finished Mr. Lee’s paper and Miss Kim’s paper, the I’ll photocopy yours.” He said and I just nodded following his instruction. I sit on the bench neared and mumbled some song to waiting for Mr. Jang.

“Sir, can you photocopied this paper?” I heard someone said and I look at who was it. I jaw dropped when I see HIM in front of me.

“I can, but you have to wait.” Mr. Jang said.

“Just for one times.” He kept begged.

“Sorry, Son. But, you have to queue. I’ll do it your after Yoona’s paper.” He said and pointed at me. Kyuhyun frowned when he looked at me and I just looking away.

“Okay.” I heard he said. “Can I put this paper here?”

“Sure,”

I peeking on him and he walked approach me and sit not far beside me. Since just there that bench as the waiting seat, I obliged to shared with him. I look at him and there’s a Band-Aid in his nose. I gulped looking away. Oh, my. I’m sorry, Kyu.

Seems like Kyuhyun ignoring me and he was deep in his own mind. I felt an awkward around us. I my lips and turned to other way. I don’t want he see me in awkward feeling around us. My feet kept shaking and my heart beating faster. What happening to me actually.

I peeked on him and accidentally he was looing at me too. He mouthed ‘what’ word and raised his eyebrows. I just shooked my head and stuck out my tongue to him, like what I always did to him. I puffed my cheeks and pouted, then looking other direction.

I can feel he still staring at me. I peeked on him on the corner of my eyes and he kept staring in disbelief. I choose to ignore him and he still looking at me. What’s with that actually?!

 “Done!” said Mr. Jang. “Hey, Yoona. Come here, I’ll photocopy your paper.” He said and I stand up. Kyuhyun was looking at other direction and without thinking I stepped my feet on him’s. I can feel my victory laugh inside myself.

“Ahhh!!” Kyuhyun groaned and hold his feet.

“Hey, what’s going on, boy?” asked Mr. Jang.

“N-nothing, some mosquito bite my feet.” He lied and still hold his feet.

I want to stepped on him again but he moved his feet and finally I stepped on floor. Ahh! My feet felt aching so much.

“Hey, what’s going on actually?” asked Mr. Jang to us.

“N-nothing, Mister.” I said and walked with drag my right feet to closer to Mr. Jang. “Here, Mister.” I handed him my paper.

“It’s twenty times right?” he asked and I just nodded. “Don’t worry, I’ll be over soon.” He said and walked to the photocopy machine. But, I heard something trouble with that machine. “Oh my! It’s got trouble again this morning!” said Mr. Jang.

“What’s happened, Mister?” I asked him.

“Seems like the machine got trouble again. Don’t worry, it just for a while.” He said and I just nodded.

I sighed and turned my head to peek on him. Kyuhyun was took out his phone and he seems like deep in thought with his phone. I took out the money Yuri-unnie give to me to pay the photocopy. I felt awkward here. I knocked my finger on the table beside me and looking other way for many times. Because of knocked finger made a sound, so I stop it and busy fold the money.

“Ah, finally it’s done!” said Mr. Jang. He give me a a lot of paper. “Here, it is.” He said.

“Thank you, Mister.” I offered the money and still wait for the change returned.

“Wow! It’s a plane!” he said and I look at the money. God! What I have done to the money?!! Kyuhyun lifted his head and looked at us. “Whooosshhh~~” Mr. Jang playing with that plane-money and put it on his drawer. I heard Kyuhyun laughed behind and I cursed my self to being fool. 

“Here, your change returned, Sweetie.” He said and give me the change returned money.

“Thank you, Mister.” I said and hurriedly run away. I peeked on Kyuhyun behind. He still laughing and holding his stomach. Did he found it’s funny?!

End POV