CHAPTER 10

LOVE STORIES : “A Little White Lie”

Yoona’s POV

I opened the curtain and the sun rays light up my room through the window. I also opened the window to felt the fresh air. After go home yesterday, I didn’t say anything to Onew and he might know I need time to alone. But after this, he might nagged like a grandmother.

It’s a nice Sunday. I should go out for get a lot of fresh air and trying to forget Kyuhyun. Last night after I inside my room, I cried hard and sobbing until dawn. I don’t know why it’s very hurt me, a lot. From now on, I should move on and forget that guy. Besides, he seemd like doesn’t like me. I always act cold and annoyed to him.

I walked to my clothes toilet and choose a good sport clothes to wear. I’m going to jogging today! Yay! I choose a blue-yellow tanktop and white short pants. My mind has to fresh and clean before I start my new day tomorrow Monday. After I change clothes, I walked to the make-up table and mirror. I combed my hair and tailed up. I clipped my hair with white bow hairpin.

I comeout and downstairs. I met Onew who was sit properly in the dining table, waiting for his omelet. He a little surprised when he saw me in my sport clothes. “Jogging?” he asked.

“Yeah, wanna join?” I asked him.

“No, I have a lot of homework.” He said. “Don’t forget, you owe me an explain.” He said before I go out from the door.

“Arasso,” I sighed and come out. It’s a nice Sunday! I saw the bird singing in harmony and I can inhaled the fresh air. Let’s start the new Yoona.

I walked to the stadium near my neighborhood. Since it’s the biggest stadium, so there’s a lot of people come and jogging in Sunday morning in this place. I run a little when I was near the stadium. The stadium is so wide and large, there’s a lot of people there. From the children until the old people. I like this scenery. It’s very peaceful.

I looked around and everybody was looked at me. What’s wrong? Did there’s something bad at me? I looked at myself and back to them. But they still looked at me. Just don’t care, Yoona. They just like seeing to other person.

“Nice butts, baby!” said a man when he passed me. He winked and smiled ertly to me. I jaw dropped when he said those words. What? Nice butts?! He should get a revenge if he dare say those words.

“Yoona!” shouted a voice. I turned my head and saw Leeteuk-oppa and Taeyeon-unnie ride a bicycle and they approach me.

“Hi. Are you feeling well today? I hear from Luna that you’re sick last night.” Asked Taeyeon-unnie.

“I’m fine, Unnie. I just get a stomachache yesterday so I asked my brother told Luna that I’m going to absent and now, I’m fine!” I said and nodded. “What are you two doing here? Aigoo, the new couple.”

Taeyeon-unnie smiled shyly then Leeteuk-oppa just giggled. “We just have our first date. It’s realy bored if we just have dinner, so I thought to asked Taeyeon jogging and ride bicycle around. It’s going amazing, right?” Leeteuk-oppa raised his eyebrows.

“I think so.” I nodded.

“You’re alone?” asked Taeyeon-unnie.

“Yes. I actually want going with my brother, but he has a lot of work at home.”

“Want to join us?” Leeteuk-oppa raised his eyebrows.

I shooked my head. “No, I didn’t bring my bicycle. Maybe next time.”

“Okay. See you around again,” said Taeyeon-unnie. “We’re going first!”

“Don’t forget your treat, Oppa!” I shouted at them and Leeteuk-oppa just raised his thumb up higher.

I continue jogging and finished after thirty minutes. I wiped the sweat with my small towel I brought from home. I sat on the nearest bench and looking around. The weather is still cold even it’s seven now. The stadium started to quiet and I just saw old and young people couples and parent with their children. I turned my head and saw teh basketball field behind me. It’s empty and no one used it for play. Usually, the’ll use the indoor field to play basket.

I walked to the field and stand in the center. I looked around and found a basketball near the ring pole. I took it and walked to the field-edge where I stand when Kyuhyun throw a ball to me. I stand here, then walked to the Kyuhyun’s position when he throw that ball to me. He stand a bit far from me, but he success hit me? He has a good throwing.

I dribble the ball and walked around the field. It’s a bit difficult for an amateur like me. Even Onew now being the basketball captain in his school. I never know that Onew played basketball. I stand in the three point shoot area, and try to shoot the ball to the ring. I dribble for a while and jump a little to shoot it. I stomped my feet when the ball just hit the edge of ring.

I take it and try to to shoot again. Damn! I’m failed.  I’m tall enough but, why there’s no ball success get in the ring. I dribble the ball again and going to shoot it hopeless. But, there’s a ball who was shoot it to the ring. That ball success get in the ring and I jaw dropped. He can shoot in the far distance? I turned my head and saw a boy stand in the center of field.

I’m very surprised he’s here. He walked approach me and took the ball he shoot it. I still looking at him in shocked expression. How can he here? I mean, did he was there all the time? Watching me failed shoot to the ring and watched me grumbled?

“Why with your face?” he asked and shoot the ball again.

I closed my mouth and gulped. Looking at him who took the ball near the ring pole and back to me. “W-why you’re here?” I asked him, still looking amazed to him.

“I should be the one asked you that. Why you’re here? I’m usually here at Sunday. This my favorite place to play basket, because there’s no one use this field.” He said and running to slam dunk. Wow! He’s so cool. “I was saw you earlier. You failed to shoot the ball.” He said and smiled mockingly. Did he want a hard punch? “I’ll teach you,” he said and shoot the ball again.

“Jinjja?” I don’t know why that word come out from my mouth.

He took the ball from my hand. “If you want to shoot, you have to focus to the ring. Place your left feet in front of theright feet. Give a distance between ten-fifteen centimeters between your feet and bend over your back a little” He acted what he said and I just looking at him. “Hold the ball in front of your chest and focus your mind to the ring. Believe that you can do it.” he then stand up and offered the ball to me. “You try it.”

“M-me?” I pointed at myself and took that ball.

“Yeah. Remember what I said a while ago.” He said and I scratched my nape. Don’t know what to do.

“What should I do first?” I asked him. Actually, I didn’t pay attention of what he said. I just looking at him, why he’s so handsome? And I ever said that he’s very wiseacre and arrogant. But, I know now he’s very warm and kind person. No, no, no! He have a girlfriend, Yoona! So you should move on from him now!

Kyuhyun sighed and rolled his eyes. “Are you pay attetion to me?” I shooked my head like an innocent child. “Then what are you doing? Aish!” he walked closer to me. “Put your left feet in front of the right feet and give a distance between ten-fifteen centimeters.” He said and I positioned myself of what he instruction to me. “Bend over your back a little,” I bend over my back a little. “Hold the ball in front of your chest,” i hodl the ball in front of my chest.

“Believe that you can do it.”

I can do it, I can do it!!! I shouted that words inside my heart and my eyes and mind focus to the ring. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes before I shoot it. I jaw dropped when the ball rolled in the ring-edge, but finally I DID IT!!!!

I shouted in happily and jumped like a five-year children who was came to the amusement park. “I did it!!!!” I shouted and clasped my hand in front of my chest. This the first time in my life I can success shoot the ball. “Thank you, Kyuhyun-ah. I’m believe I can beat Onew now.” I said and remember Onew’s face when he mocking me because I lost when we played basket together. Just wait and see, Onew.

“Onew?” asked Kyuhyun with frowned eyebrows.

“My brother. He’s in the senior grade in junior high.” I said.

“Isn’t he the boy with you last night?” he asked again.

I nodded. “Yeah. Mom worried of me so she asked Onew to accompany me.” I said. I frowned when I saw Kyuhyun smiled a bit. He seemed like hiding his smile from me. “Ah, the girl with you last night, isn’t she your girlfriend?” I asked after that scene popped up in my mind. “She’s so beautiful. Seems like she didn’t from our school right?” I asked him. I know this question hurt my heart, but I want to know the truth.

He laughed when I asked him about that. “What? Girlfriend?” he raised his eyebrows. “I don’t have a girlfriend. Sulli, is my cousin and by the way she already have a boyfriend. Last night, she just want to come to my school. And also, she will jumped in happily if you say she’s beautiful.” He explain and shoot the ball again.

I smiled in happily when he took the ball. I clasped my hands in front of my chest and turned my body facing back the ring. So, he’s still single? Finally!!!

End POV

***

After jogging, Kyuhyun took his ball from his car and he walked to his favorite place in this stadium. He always played there alone or with his friend, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Sungmin. He played with the ball until he stunned in the field-edge.

There’s someone who occupied his place. He looked more clearly who’s that girl. He the surprised when he saw that girl grumbled everything and finally he know who’s that voice owner. He walked to the center of the field and saw she shoot the ball to the ring but failed. He giggled everytime he heard she grumbled after shoot the ball. She wear the blue-yellow tanktop and white short pants. Her hair tailed up and showed her long white neck. Even Kyuhyun was gulped when he realize that girl is Yoona.

He shoot the ball from behind then grinned. Yoona looked stunned when Kyuhyun’s ball success get in the ring. She turned her head and saw Kyuhyun there. Kyuhyun walked toward Yoona and stand beside her took his ball.

Yoona asked why Kyuhyun here, and Kyuhyun answered this was his favorite place. Because of Yoona can’t shoot the ball right, he finally decide to teach Yoona how to shoot the ball. He explained long what must to do when we’re going to shoot the ball, but Yoona didn’t pay attention to him. He sighed and explained to Yoona what to do. Yoona follow his instruction and positioned herself like Kyuhyun said. Her eyes focus to the ring and after she inhaled, she shoot the ball and it’s got success. Hse shouted and jumped in happily.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun-ah. I believe I can beat Onew now.” she said and clasped her hands in front of her chest.

“Onew?” Kyuhyun seemed like curious about that name.

“My brother. He’s in the senior grade in junior high.” Yoona answered.

“Isn’t he the boy with you last night?” Kyuhyun asked again.

Yoona nodded. “Yeah. Mom worried of me so she asked Onew to accompany me.” she said.

Kyuhyun smiled when finally he knew who’s that boy. It’s Yoona’s brother finally! He sighed in relieved. Last night, he even can’t sleep because of thought of that boy. He thought it’s Yoona’s friend who like her.

“Ah, the girl with you last night, isn’t she your girlfriend?” Yoona asked after that scene popped up in her mind. “She’s so beautiful. Seems like she didn’t from our school right?”

What? Kyuhyun then laughed himself. How could she thought Sulli is my girlfriend? “What? Girlfriend?” Kyuhyun still laughed seeing Yoona’s expression look dumbfounded. “I don’t have a girlfriend. Sulli, is my cousin and by the way, she already have a boyfriend. Last night, she just want to come to my school. And also, she will jumped in happily if you say she’s beautiful.” He explain and shoot the ball again.

Yoona shouted in silence after she know the truth that the girl last night is Kyuhyun’s cousin. She facing back Kyuhyun who took the ball near the ring pole. She covered to not shouted in happily. She felt happy after know that Kyuhyun is still single.

Yoona stick out her neck when she saw from far two persons who ride a bicycle. They looked laughed each other. Aw, Leeteuk-oppa and Taeyeon-unnie is so sweet. I bet they’re going to be a cute couple. She still looking at them without knowing Kyuhyun was stand beside her and looked at her face. He then looked to Yoona’s sight direction and he looked at Yoona again.

“Are you okay?” he asked in worried.

Yoona turned with frowned eyebrows. “What do you mean?” she asked softly.

“Come on, Yoong. I know you might be broken heart, but there’s a lot of boy in this world. Maybe the best.” Kyuhyun said and looked at Taeteuk direction.

Yoona frowned. Didn’t know what Kyuhyun mean. She then smiled after a thought popped in her mind. So he thought I like Leeteuk-oppa? She giggled when her mind said that.

Taeteuk couple ride the bicycle through the street near the field and they possible to meet Kyuhyun and Yoona. So Kyuhyun want to assure Yoona that she’s fine.

“You know, you have to faced it whatever happened.” He said and looked at Taeteuk couple.

When Taeteuk couple coming closer Kyuhyun take glance to Yoona. Yoona turned her body when Kyuhyun glanced at her. “Where are you going?” asked Kyuhyun when Yoona want to walked.

“Hiding!” she said in happily then run away. She giggled when she saw Kyuhyun’s worried face. She actually don’t want if Taeteuk couple met them, they will suspicious of what happened between Kyuhyun and Yoona. And the rumor goes around school. She don’t want if her bestfriend, Yuri mad at her and hated her because of the Yoona steal her boyfriend-to-be.

“Hey, wait!” Kyuhyun followed Yoona run. He also don’t want looked dumbfounded if Taeteuk couple passed and saw him stand alone in the field with plain face.

He followed Yoona hiding behind the big tree near the field. He sat beside her and still settle right his breath. Yoona peeking from behind the tree and still spy on Taeteuk couple.

“Why we should hiding here?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Why you followed me?” asked Yoona. “That’s the risk of you’re follow me. You should not being fussy where I should hiding.” She said and peeking again.

“Okay, okay.” Said Kyuhyun give up. He peeking from the shurbs near the tree.

Yoona sighed when Taeteuk couple passed the field and turn to the other street. “Finally,”

“Why you hiding?” asked Kyuhyun.

“It’s not your business.”

“Even though it’s not my business, but you should faced it right? We’re in the same school and maybe you met them two around school.” Kyuhyun give her advice.

“Are you talked about Leeteuk-oppa and Taeyeon-unnie?” asked Yoona. She hold her laugh to not burst out.

“Yes, I am.”

Yoona laughed heard Kyuhyun answer. She until covered to not showed her alligator mouth in front of this guy. Kyuhyun frowned and look dumbfounded when he saw Yoona laughed. “What’s wrong?” he asked weakly. He’s very embarassed.

“You thought I’m like Leeteuk-oppa?” asked Yoona still laughed and Kyuhyun just nodded in dumbfounded. “You’re wrong. I just helped Leeteuk-oppa to closed with Taeyeon-unnie.”

“Jeongmal-yo?” asked Kyuhyun in disbelief. Finally there’s no one who like Yoona now.

Yoona nodded and frowned. “Why?”

“Huh? N-nothing. I just wonder why you and Leeteuk-hyung so closed.” Answered Kyuhyun and he scratched his nape.

Yoona and Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly. Finally, the misunderstandings between them are completely clear. They let out a relieved breath and glanced each other. Actually, there’s something Kyuhyun hiding. He actually know that the girl Krystal is actually Yoona. But, he will keep it. Just let Yoona found it first.

“Yoona? Kyuhyun?” they turned to the voices direction. Leeteuk and Taeyeon was in front of them looking with frowned eyebrows. “What are you doing behind the tree?” asked Taeyeon.

“Uh-oh, w-we... we-we’re hiding.” Said Yoona. “From the little boys.”

“Why you should hiding?”

“Ah, we actually played hide and seek with the little boys near here and we hiding here. But, seems like the boys are run away.” Said Kyuhyun and peeking behind them.

“Have you two done breakfast?” asked Leeteuk.

“Huh?”

“What?”

“I’m going to treat you two.” Said Leeteuk and showed his killing smile.

“Jeongmal-yo?” asked Yoona with spark on her eyes.

“Come on! I’ll going to treat you two. Come with us.” Said Taeyeon and smiled.

“But, I bring my car.”

“Just leaving here, and we’re going to walked. The place is not far. Just around here.” Said Leeteuk.

Kyuhyun nodded and finally stand up followed by Yoona.

“So, where are we going?” asked Yoona with a wide smile on her lips. She always attracted by something smells food.

***

“Yoong, are you sure you can finish this all?” asked Taeyeon and she see all the food Yoona orderedin their table.

“I shouldn’t let her join with us,” mumbled Leeteuk and he gulped.

“Easy, Hyung. I’m here for you.” Said Kyuhyun and he munching his food ignoring Yoona.

“You’re really a good dongsaeng, Kyu.” Leeteuk patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder and Kyuhyun just smiled.

They decided to had breakfast in the near cafe and Yoona ordered a lot of food like usual when someone treat her. Even Leeteuk and Kyuhyun know how her habbit when someone asked her for eat together. She’s like a beast. But the beautiful beast ever. And also, she keep look beautiful even she eat a lot. That’s Kyuhyun thought.

“Is this your official first dating, Oppa, Unnie?” asked Yoona without looking at Leeteuk and Taeyeon.

“You can say like that. But, we’re just hangout together.” Answered Leeteuk and Taeyeon nodded.

“Beside, Teuk-oppa said that he will make our first date become more special, so I’ll wait that moment, Oppa.” Said Taeyeon-unnie and she blushed.

“Don’t worry, Taengo. I’ll make our first date forever keep in your memory.”

“Your so cheesy, Oppa.” Taeyeon puching Leeteuk arm and her cheeks were reddened.

“Ya, ya! Don’t make a lovey-dovey moment in front of me.” Said Kyuhyun with mocking look.

They eat for an hour and it’s Leeteuk time to pay all of their food. Leeteuk peeking on his wallet and found his money just enough for Taeyeon and Leeteuk’s meals.

“Oh my,” mumbled Leeteuk.

“Wae, Hyung?” asked Kyuhyun as he followed Leeteuk to the cashier table.

“Kyu,”

“Hmm?”

“You bring your wallet?”

“Waeyo?” Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes.

“Um, okay. So, my money is just enough for me and Taeyeon’s meal. You know, last time when I walked out with Yoona, my money was empty because of her. Aigoo, I wonder how her family treat her.” Leeteuk shooked his head in disbelief.

“So?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows.

“I want you to pay Yoona’s and yours meals.” Leeteuk give Kyuhyun his angel smile.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and took out his wallet from his pants pocket. “Here, pay with this.” Kyuhyun give him his credit card.

“Jeongmal?” Leeteuk eyes widen.

“Go take it before I change my mind.”

“Thanks, Kyuhyun-ah. I promise I’ll give back your money as soon as possible.” Leeteuk said and hurriedly go to the cashier table.

Kyuhyun wait near the cashier table and looked at Leeteuk’s happy face after he pay the bill.

“I can’t imagine how was my oife without you, Kyu. Yoona is really like a beast.” Said Leeteuk and patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“Why you said her like a beast? She’s a human like us.”

“But, can’t you see how much she eat all the food? It’s enough for four-five people meals.” Leeteuk shooked his head. “I’m really wonder how her boyfriend going to treat her. At least, he should from the rich family, or he will end up hold by the restaurant manager.”

“I don’t think so. She’s still a innocent and cute girl.” Kyuhyun turned his head after he felt Leeteuk was looking at him with narrowed eyes. “Waeyo? Am I wrong?” Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows.

“You like her don’t you?”

“W-what are you talking about? I didn’t say like that.” Kyuhyun scratched his nape.

“A-a-a!!!! Finally Kyuhyun has a crush. Kkkkk~!” Leeteuk giggled and Kyuhyun punching on his arm. “But, seriously, Kyu? Yoona? You even didn’t know her. Your first met was on the basketball match right? And you hit her?”

“I didn’t hit her! I want to throw that ball to Eunhyuk-hyung and he was stand in front of Yoona. Because of Eunhyuk-hyun is too short and my throwing was missed from the target so Yoona is hit by that ball.”

“Your first met is really didn’t special.” Leeteuk giggled heared Kyuhyun’s story. “But, how if the girl students know about this? They might be chasing Yoona until the tip of world.”

“I still didn’t thought about that. I should confess to her fast before all the school know.”

“Good luck, boy. I’ll help you handle this matter if finally the girl students know.”

“Thanks, Hyung.” Kyuhyun smiled and they walked out from the restaurant. The girls was waited outside the restaurant.