CHAPTER 9

LOVE STORIES : “A Little White Lie”

“Come on! We need to hurry!” said Leeteuk. They still in the school to prepare the school 100th celebrate event tomorrow. The committee members was really busied prepare the stage, tent for sellers, and others. For the prmotion groups, since they’re worked was almost over, they have a new job as a greeting in the entrance the bazar and distributes the brochures and others. So, Yoona have to stand there all the day. But in the afternoon, someone changed her position until night, and she has to stand there again in the night until midnight. So tiring.

“Oppa, have you done that bunch paper? We need to clipped it to be one.” Taeyeon pointed at the bunch of paper in the other table.

“Oh my God! I forgot that papers.” Leeteuk panicked and he hurriedly took that paper. “Yoong, you handle this matter. I’ll help Taeyeon to arrange the list.” He said and Yoona just nodded.

Fortunately, Luna helped her. She actually the last person join as committee member and he place on her group because of she just have a little of people in her group.

“Don’t worry, after we finish this one, we can go home. There’s nothing we have to do after this.” She said and give a warm smile to Yoona.

Yoona just sighed. She’s going to excuse to go home first after she was done her job, but Leeteuk give her another job. With a hundreds of papers she has to clipped it with the stapler. “Mom will scold me after I’m arrived at home.” she mumbled and Luna just giggled. “I’ll blame Teuk-oppa if I got scolded and I don’t care if I late tomorrow. How dare him forget this thing?!” she grumbled and staples the paper.

Yoona drank her drink and she looked at her wrist. It’s almost midnight and she didn’t have any idea to go home. There’s just two possibilities, called Onew to fatch her and entrust her bicycle to the security or she have to go herself ride her bicycle. Since it’s impossible to her father drove or fetch her in school, she have to go by herself. At first, she go with the bus. But since she always wake up late and missed the bus, she finally asked her father to by her bicycle and ride it to the school.

“Yoona, you can do this. HWAITING!!” she suggested herself and start to continue staples the papers.

“It’s really horrible at school at this time,” said Taeyeon.

“Waeyo, Unnie?” asked Luna she looked up a bit and continue staples the papers.

“I have heard the girl student story about the storage building in the corner of the school ground.” She said in whispered.

“What have you heard?” asked Yoona.

“You haven’t heard the school girl story?” Taeyeon widen her eyes. Luna and Yoona shooked their head. “It’s a long story actually, but it’s still popular enough among the students.”

“So, can you told us, how was the story?” asked Yoona in impatient.

“Okay, that girl was the most beauty and smartest among the student. She’s very friendly and kind. But, she have wrong choose a boy as her boyfriend. He’s the idol boy and very bad boy typical. One day, he asked his girl to accompany him go to bar. It’s her first time go to the bar and the place kind of that. She just drank a glass, and her conscious is lost. Her boyfriend, used that and bring her to the hotel. You know what happened next.” Taeyeon stopped to catch a breath. Leeteuk ignored the girls and prefer to arrange the list.

“Then?” asked Yoona in serious tone and curious.

“After that day, she found out that she was pregnant and she told her boyfriend. But, her boyfriend refused to accept the fetus and told her to abort it. But, the girl tried hard to make her boyfriend believe and he want take the responsibility of her. She want told the principal, but her boyfriend  catched her and bring her to the storage building in the corner. He warned the girl to not told anyone, but that girl refused. The last way, he killed that girl!” Yoona gasped when she heard it. “He cutted every part of her body until his shirt was full of blood stain. It’s really horrible.” Yoona jaw dropped.

“What happened next?” Yoona asked curiosly.

“Because of that storage never used again, so he left her dead body there and locked the storage building. Seven days after that, he always heard a baby cried in his room every night. And in his dream, he always met that ex-girl who he killed. That girl is haunted him everyday, until make his parent wonder why their son always screamed at midnight. His friends also found there’s something weird from him and he suddenly scream. His parent can’t hold it anymore, so he bring their only son to the insane asylum. The nurses there also felt that that boy is very weird. He was always silent, but suddenly he scream until make two nurse is injured. And at that night, that girl appeared in front of him. She still want to revenge back what he did done to her. The boy screamed trying to ask for help, but it’s too late because of that girl rushed killed him. in the morning, the nurses found his dead body lying on the floor and it was cutted off like he did done to his ex-girl. So that’s why there’s no one dare go near the storage building in the corner. There’s always the sound of girl crying for help.”

Yoona still shocked heard the story. Luna is still smiling and doing her work. Leeteuk still ignoring them and his attention just go to the list.

“It’s so horrible.” Yoona mumbled.

“But, don’t worry. It’s just a mith story. My sunbaes told me that story. I still don’t know if that story true or false, but they still forbidden us to go there, or go near in radius two hundred meters.” Added Luna.

Yoona bit her lips. She’s really afraid of ghost that’s why she doesn’t like horror movie. She prefer the action than horror. She continue her work and kept thinking of that story.

Yoona looked at her wrist. It’s twelve o’clock and she had to go home. She tidy up her things and put back on her bag.

“Unnie, Oppa, Luna, I have to go. Mom will scold me if I didn’t go home yet.” She excuse.

“Oh, okay. Don’t worry. Our work will done, I’ll continue this until finish. It’s five more papers to finish.” Answered Luna and smiled.

“Okay. Be careful, arasso?” Taeyeon waved her hand to Yoona.

“Called us, if you had somethign trouble on the way.” Added Leeteuk and Yoona just smiled and closed the door.

Yoona walked through the corridor to the parking lot. There’s still a lot of committee members stayed at school. But, she felt like she’s alone. She greeted some of the committee members and walked to the parking lot. Her bicycle was there alone.

“Here you are.” She said and poked the saddle. “Let’s go home, arasso?” she unlocked her bicycle and starting to walked and bring it along.

“Please help me, help me!!” Yoona heard a girl voice shouted for help. She turned around and found nothing.

“Who’s that?” she mumbled then continue her walk.

“Please help me!! Help me!!!!!” she heard that voice again and turned her head. She felt her body hair is bristled.

Don’t this time, God! Please protect me! She prayed and kept walked ahead. She body shaking in scared and she saw that storage building in the corner. She looking away.

“Help me!” she felt that voice was near her ear.

“Hey,” someone tapped her shoulders and she turned ready to scream. But that person covered with his hand. “Can you silent? I’m trying to escape!” he shouted in whisper and Yoona nodded.

Yoona catched breath after he took his hand from . She breath in relieved after she know who’s that person. “What are you doing here? Trying to scared me?” she asked.

“Why would I scared you? Like there’s nothing I can do.” He said and made Yoona snorted. “I told you right, I’m trying to escape from my Hyungs. He will killed me if they knew I didn’t help them.” Kyuhyun frowned his eyebrows and looking at Yoona. “But, what are you doing in the middle of night? I thought you’re that ghost girl.”

“YA! Am I look liek a ghost?!” she shouted.

“I told to not speak loud right? Hyungs may found me here.” He shrieked in low voice. “And also, you will made that girl ghost came to us.”

“You hear that story too?” Yoona asked.

Kyuhyun nodded. “He-em, Donghae-hyung told me that story.”

“But, you didn’t heard a voice shouted for help?”

“No,” Kyuhyun shooked his head and Yoona stunned. Then what voice I heard before? She thought. “Come on, I’ll accompany you go to the gate. Seems like you’re really scared around here.” He said and walked ahead. Yoona followed him and finally she can walk beside him.

“Why you’re escape?” she asked start the conversation. She felt it’s really awkward between them.

“None of your business.” He replied coldly.

“I just ask politely, okay?” she said and prefer to silent than she got a coldly tone from him.

“Why you’re bring your bicycle?” Kyuhyun asked. A little bit worried in his tone.

“This the only way I can go to school. My dad is busy and I always wake up late for catched the bus. So, T asked Dad to bought me a bicycle.” Asnwered Yoona.

“But, it’s midnight and it’s very dangerous for a naive girl like you.”

“You think I can’t protect my self?” Yoona chuckled. “Sorry, but my family called me Him Yoona. I beated my uncles and cousins in arm wrestling game. Even my dad.”

“You’re really weird.” Mumbled Kyuhyun.

“Hey, tomorrow you will come?” asked Yoona.

“I don’t think so. I have an appointment in the morning. But, I’ll come in night.”

Yoona just nodded and silent come again. They walked in silence until they reached the gate.

“I think I should go now.” she said. “Bye.” She ride her bicycle and paddle it in constant speed. She smiled sheepishly and giggled when she remember that moment.

“Come on, go inside. We should escape before Hyungs found us..” Said Donghae as Kyuhyun walked approach him in the across in front of school.

“Follow that girl,” said Kyuhyun as he hopped inside the car.

“What? Why should we?” asked Donghae in confused.

“Just, follow, Hyung.” Said Kyuhyun.

Donghae give up and start the engine. They started to walk slow try to follow that girl, but also don’t want to caught up by her.

“Is that a girl that you throw ball in the basketball match?” asked Donghae as he focused to drive.

“Yeah,”

“What your relationship exactly? You just know her and your first time met isn’t give an impress to both of you.” Said Donghae. “You like her?”

“Kinda of that.” Answer Kyuhyun and never leaved his eyes from the girl ride her bicycle far in front of them.

Yoona covered to hide her wide smile along the way without she know there are two person following behind her. She could the butterfly was flied on her stomach and made it tickled. It’s night and there’s no one in the way, so that’s why she’s a little crazy when she ride her bicycle. Seems like she’s going to have a beautiful dream tonight.

Kyuhyun breath and relieved after he looked her closed the door of her house. He then can smiling happily after he see a room in the side of that house in the second floor was bright because of someone switch on the lamp. Have a nice dream, he mumbled inside himself to her.

“Satisfied?” asked Donghae and Kyuhyun just nodded without looking at him. “Let’s go home now, okay?” Kyuhyun nodded and mouthed ‘okay’.

***

From : Big Brother Onew

I’ll come there with Key later.

Yoona looked at her phone screen and put it back on her jeans pocket. “Kajja, we have to go there before Taeyeon-unnie and Leeteuk-oppa scold us.” She said to Luna and they went together to the entrance.

“Hey, Yoong!” shouted Yuri from Yoona’s far side.

Yoona turned her head and see Yuri was in the room with Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Hyoyeon. “Hi, Unnie.” She waved her hand. “You can go first,” she said to Luna and Luna nodded then left her. Yoona walked to Yuri and her friends. “Are you practicing?” she asked.

“We’re just done practicing, and we’re going to dressed.” Said Yuri. She chooses to perform the dance along with Hyoyeon, Donghae, and Eunhyuk. They’re the Dancing King and Queen. No one can’t defeated them.

“I’ll wait your perform. But, I can’t sure if I can see it.”

“You should see it. whatever happened, you can excuse to Taeyeon-unnie or Leeteuk-oppa. There’s three people left there and you’re just watch us for five minutes.”

“Yah, can you stop talked? I’m still remembering the dance move.” Said Donghae.

“See, that guy is really annoyed person! Always made me boiled up.” Whispered Yuri and she pointed at Donghae who was focus on his dance moves with her chin. “I don’t why Mr. Lee choose me to be in couple dance with him. He’s really rude boy.”

“Don’t say like that, Unnie. You will get the karma because of that.” Yoona nudge in Yuri’s waist. “I’ll go first, okay? I’ll see your performances. See you later,” Yoona said and waved her hand.

She was walked to the entrace. She looked three people from a far. Luna was tidy up the papers, and in the other side, Leeteuk and Taeyeon was giggled each other when Leeteuk told her a funny story.

“Hello, Yoong.” Said Leeteuk as he see Yoona.

“Hi, Yoona. You look more fresh now,” said Taeyeon and give Yoona her warm smile.

“Thanks, Unnie.” She replied and smiled.

“Let’s work!” shouted Leeteuk when he saw a group of people walked approach them.

They give the every visitors a warm and friendly smile then give the the brochures paper and also map to walked around their large school.

“Noona!” shouted Onew.

“Hello, Noona.” Said Key when they stand in front of Yoona.

“I told you’ll come at eleven.” Yoona looked at her wrist.

“I want it, but Key forced me to go there as soon as possible.” Said Onew and glanced at Key.

“I want to know how was SM High 100th anniversary celebrate. I’m going to school here, too right? so, I should take a look my school-to-be.” He said and smiled.

“Oh, Key-ah. There’s a lot of clothes and accessories in the side of the bazar. Bring Onew there and choose him a t-shirt, okay? He need to buy new t-shirt.” Said Yoona and wink to Key. Onew just gawk at that time.

“Give it to me, Noona.” Said Key and he giggled.

“Onew-ah, accompany me to go in shift this night, okay? Bring your motor.” She said and Onew just nodded. He then left with Key who looked enthuastic when he looked more near the bazar and show performance.

***

Yoona’s POV

“You’re so cooooool, Unnie~!” I complimented Yuri-unnie after I see her performance with her dancemates. I give her my thumbs up after she go down from the stage.

“Thanks,” she said and drank her water.

Donghae go down and he happiedly approached Yuri-unnie who walked with me. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk was walked ahead. “Congratulation, Yul! We’re did it! You’re really great!” he said and Yuri-unnie hair. I can see his happy face when he approach Yuri-unnie.

“YA! Don’t mess my hair!” Yuri-unnie said and rubbed her hair. I giggled seeing her expression. But Donghae’s face didn’t turned mad at her, he still smiling and looked at Yuri-unnie.

“I’ll treat you at lunch,” he said and Yuri-unnie hair once again then joined his friends.

“I told you right, you get that karma.” I told her.

“What are you talking about? He just happy seeing the enthusiastic of the audience. They give us stand applouse. Did you find it really amazing?” Yuri-unnie changed her face into happy face.

“Congratulation for you, Unnie.”  I said.

“You’re come with me in lunch.”

“Sorry, Unnie. But I can’t I should go home and rest for the night shift.”

“So pity you can’t come with us.”

“But, don’t worry. I’ll asked for your treat tomorrow. You’re doing great and you have to treat me.” I said and Yuri-unnie chuckled. She give me her thumb up.

“Oh, I need to go back work. I promise Leeteuk-oppa to not more than five minutes.”

Yuri-unnie nodded. “He-em. Text me if you’re going to go home.”

“Arasso,” I replied and run to the entrance. Fortunately, there’s not a lot of visitor came like the first time. I’m really tired must smiled for four hours for them.

I looked at them. There’s two entrance, and Leeteuk-oppa and Taeyeon-unnie guard on the other entrance, beside me and Luna was guard across them. Oh, I’m really going to puke seeing Leeteuk-oppa with his chessy words. Romantic guy in my type, but Leeteuk-oppa is too much.

“Hello, Unnie, Oppa.” I greeted them and they just nodded and back to their lovey-dovey time. I’m happy that finally Leeteuk-oppa is very closed to Taeyeon-unnie, but they really thought that the world just there both of them. Like I’m and other people in the world just a statue.

“I wonder why you keep enduring with Taeyeon-unnie and Leeteuk-oppa. They’re too much cheesy, especially Leeteuk-oppa.” I said to Luna.

“Just focus, on the visitors. Not them. Just let them have their own world.” Said Luna and she smiled to the a couple visitors.

~~~~~

(Still Yoona’s POV)

“Hurry up, Noona!” shouted Onew from outside the house. That kid. Even he didn’t shouted, I know the time.

“Mom, I’ll go.” I said and kissed Mom’s cheek.

“You’re home midnight?” asked Mom.

“Yes, but Onew will accompany me.” I answered and waved my hand. I walked straight the door and come out from our gate. “You’re so annoying brother.” I said to him and wear my helm.

After we arrived at the parking lot, I waited Onew to parking his motorcycle. I wonder why dad bought him motorcycle when I’m a bicycle. I know he’s more taller and bigger than, me. But it’s not fair. I was full of struggle, and him he just relax go to school with his motorcycle. What a mean.

“Noona, then if you’re busy work, what am I going to do?” Onew asked when we walked to the entrance.

“Just think it by yourself. There’s a lot of things here. You can go to the games court or food court. Maybe you can just see the performance show.” I advice him and leave him behind.

“You almost late,” said SinHyun and he pointed at his watch.

I smiled in apologize. “I’m sorry. You can leave now. Luna, Leetuk-oppa and Taeyeon-unnie is in here right?” I asked and he just nodded.

SinHyun then leave with his two other friends. Not long, Luna appeared and smiled to me. I always know she’s a good girl.

“Hi,” I greeted her.

“Hi, I thought you’re late.”

“Almost.” I replied and chuckled.

“Hello, girls!” Leeteuk-oppa walked approach us. And I jaw dropped looked at him. He’s very neat this time. He wore a white pullover with black coat and black denim jeans. I should say he looked handsome today.

“Oppa! Why you’re dressing like that?” asked Luna calmed. I know she’s very suprised and shocked, but she tried looked calm.

“Say honestly, okay. Am I look more handsome?” he asked back to us.

I exchanging gaze with Luna then looking at him. I nodded and crossed my arms. “Yeah, it’s kinda of that.” I said and he pouted.

“Just say I’m handsome,” he said begged.

“Okay, okay. You’re handsome this night.” I said and looking other direction.

“Why you’re dressing like that?” asked Luna. She doesn’t forget her question.

“I’m going to confessed to Taeyeon tonight.” Leeteuk-oppa smiled sheepishly and raised his eyebrows.

“So that’s why you begged me to say that you’re handsome?” Leeteuk-oppa nodded and I sighed. “What a mean.”

“But, you two can handle this work? I’m and Taeyeon going to absent.” Said Leeteuk-oppa and Luna nodded.

“We can handle this. You two can go. We’ll closed the other entrance.” Said Luna.

“Thank you, you two are a sweet dongsaeng.” He said.

“Good luck, Oppa!” I raised my arm and he just smiling.

“Hwaiting!!” I said together with Luna and our fist up in the air.

“Thank you, I’ll treat you two if I success. Bye!” Leeteuk-oppa waved his hand and he run to the some place. I don’t know where is it.

It’s been an hour I stand here and Luna still not tired to give her best smile to the visitors. After all the visitors passed, I walked to the chair behind us and sit there. My stomach is squaled for food. I should looking for food, or I’ll fainted.

“Luna-ah, I’m going to go for a while, looking for food and drink. Are you okay alone?” I asked her and Luna nodded. “I’ll be back.” I said and left her.

I walked to find the restroom first before go to the food court. I wash my hand and tidy up my hair. I’m still look great. After arranged my clothes I walked out the restroom and walked to the food court, but something made me stopped and saw that.

A boy was walked with a girl, who encircle her arms on that boy. That’s Kyuhyun with a girl. I don’t know that girl, seems like she’s not student from here. They looked closed and I saw him smiling and laughed with that girl. Did he have a girlfriend? Why I never know it?

I hold my left chest and I felt it’s hurt there. Those scene view of him and her passed in front of me stabbing deeply to my hurt. I didn’t realize that my tears flowing down from my eyes. Luckily there’s no one around, and my heart is painful. Why I always like someone who has a girlfriend? I thought he’s something special because I never felt like this before, even to my first love. And this is the first time I’m crying seeing those view. I dont know why. My hear was aching so much.

“Noona, I was looked for you anywhere but you’re...” Onew tapped my shoulders and before I can wiped my tears he already know I’m crying. “Noona, what happened? Why you’re crying?” he asked worriedly.

“N-nothing,” I replied.

“Did someone doing bad to you?” he asked and hold my shoulders.

“I’m okay,” I said, assured him to believe me.

“Can you just this one being honest, Noona?” he said frustated because of me. Yeah, I always pretend that I’m alright even I’m very fragile that time.

Tears run down my cheeks and I’m start to sobbing. Onew rubbed my shoulder and I see his face changed. Like he felt what I felt now. I’m very thankful having a sibling like him. Onew pulled me and I cried on his shoulder.

“Gwenchana, Noona.” He said and my back.

I will thanks to God for having a brother like you, Onew-ah. And even we’re like to fight or mocking, I still love you, Big Borther!

I sobbing on his shoulder. Let out the felt of pain in my heart and my emotion. I don’t why I become very fragile, but I just can’t hold it. He’s too meaningful for me, and because of him I can cried. First, when he throw that damn ball to my face, and second when I know that he have a girlfriend. His girlfriend even more beautiful and more taller than me, so she’s really suit him well.

After the tears dried, I pulled myself from Onew and he looked at me in worried. “Noona, gwenchana?” he asked and I nodded. “You have tell me.” He said and I can’t refused it. He will asked me about this thing everyday, all the time, and when we met. Very annoyed if you imagined it.

“Okay,” I asnwered and nodded.

“Should we go home now?” Onew asked.

“Yes, I want to take a rest.” I nodded. “Can you take my bag and told my friend that I’m absent now?”

“Wait here,” He said and left me. I stil stand there. I turned my head, like someone was there but I found nothing. There’s no one there. I looking around and there’s no one there except me. I turned back my head to in front of me because of I heard the footsteps. Onew run toward me and handed me my bag. “She said okay. And don’t worry, there’s two other friends accompany her.” I nodded after he said that. “Let’s go.” He pulled me to go to the parking lot.

End POV

***

“Why you should encircle your arms on mine?” Kyuhyun asked Sulli, his cousin when they walked to the entrance. Actually, Kyuhyun want come in the morning, but Sulli want to come to his school. In the morning, she has a date with Minho until evening, and now here they are.

“Waeyo? I don’t know everyone here except you.” She said. “I’m afraid I’m lost you know. Your school is large.”

“Okay, but at the entrance could you release your arms?” asked Kyuhyun.

“Why? Are you annoyed by your friends looking at us?”

“Just do it! No more question.” Sulli pouted after she heard Kyuhyun’s said. You’re so mean, Oppa! She cursed him inside herself.

Sulli released her arms from Kyuhyun when they arrived at the entrance. A little girl and her two other friends stand there and give them and other visitors.

“Hello, Luna. Where’s your other friends?” Kyuhyun asked.

“She’s going to find some food.” Answered Luna and she smiled to Sulli.

“Kyuhyun!” shouted Leeteuk in happily. “Finally you come!” he said in happily face.

“Waeyo, Hyung? You seemed like hapy I’m coming.”

“Yes. And I want to tell you that now I’m dating Taeyeon!” Leeteuk said in happy face. Taeyeon just giggled seeing Leeteuk-expression.

“M-mwo?!” Kyuhyun looked shocked. He jaw dropped seeing Leeteuk and Taeyeon. “Y-you two dating?” he asked and pointed at Leeteuk then Taeyeon. They just nodded.

“Why you seemed not happy?” asked Taeyeon.

“N-nothing. I just shocked that you two are dating. I never see you two closed.” Said Kyuhyun. “Hyung, you should treat me, okay? I’ll go first.” He said and pulled Sulli to go with him.

“You seemed like didn’t like if they’re dating. You like Taeyeon-ssi?” asked Sulli.

“What? N-no, it’s not like that. I just thought about someone feeling.” Asnwered Kyuhyun.

“YA, Oppa! Don’t be sad! We’re going to have fun here!” said Sulli tried cheer up him. “Ah, will you accompany me to find the seat and you can bought some food and drink? I’m really hungry and thirsty.” Said Sulli and Kyuhyun nodded.

They don’t know if there’s a pair of eyes looking at them passed her. She stunned so sudden and looking at him with plainly face. She don’t know how to react. She just looked at them until they’re disappeared from her sight.

Kyuhyun stick out his neck to find the empty seat. “Ah there!” he pointed at the left two empty seat in near the stage. “You walked there and wait for me, okay? I’ll buy some drink and food.” He said and Sulli nodded. Kyuhyun turned his body and walked to the food court.

He passed a corridor and saw there’s two persons— boy and girl—who was hugged each other. The girl seemed like crying because of her shoulders moved up and down. The boy caressed her back and trying to calmed her. Isn’t she? He frowned and saw they broked the hug. That boy talked somthing with the girl and left her. It’s Yoona?

Her body is very familiar for him. So he can conclude that it was Yoona with another guy. He don’t know what he feel when he saw that boy hugged her. His felt mixed inside and made confused. He looked at her again and he hurriedly hiding behind the big dustbin. He peeking and that boy was back and give her bag then they left. That boy seemed still calmed her when they walked to the exit.

Who’s that boy? That question still popped in Kyuhyun mind from he left that place until he enjoyed the performance show. Is he her brother? Or her friend? He seemed closed with Yoona. The hypothesis keep popped in his mind.

“Oppa!”

“Nde?” Kyuhyun startled and turned his head fast to Sulli.

“You’re zone out.” She said and munching her popcorn. “What are you thinking about?”

“Nothing,” said Kyuhyun and he munching his popcorn.

Why I felt angry when that boy hugged Yoona? Ahh! She’s driving me crazy!!! Kyuhyun messed his hair make Sulli stunned in confused. She wondering why he acted weird after he bought the food and drink. Something happened?