Facing The Truth

Unexpected

Kyuhyun's POV

Taeyeon's hand was held tightly in mine as we walked down the street the following day, both of our faces wearing bright smiles. I hadn't been this happy for a long time and I could my new girlfriend hadn't either.

I hadn't been lying when I told her that I'd fallen in love with her long before last night but it felt so good to get that off my chest. What I wanted to happen happened and she was now mine. It seemed almost too good to be true.

Just as we turned the final corner towards her dorm, Jessica, Sunny, and Hyoyeon came into view. I'd seen the three of these girls numerous times but when Taeyeon's hand tightening on mine, not allowing me to let go, I felt nervous.

"Unnie!" The three of them cried, racing forward to meet their leader. Taeyeon then let go of my hand so she could hug the three girls before her hand slipped back into mine.

"Hi, girls." She replied and it looked as if she was blushing, which sent a smile across my lips.

Jessica, Sunny, and Hyoyeon all looked at our entertwined hands before smiles broke out across all of their faces.

"It really is about time you admitted it, oppa." Hyoyeon said, grinning. She was always one to speak the truth.

"Do the boys know yet?" Sunny asked me.

I shook my head. "No. I plan on telling them today when I take Taeyeon there."

All three girls giggled and looked at their leader, who had buried her beautiful face in my arm, blushing. It was really cute how she did that and I'd never seen her do it until last night. 

Taeyeon and I hadn't done anything other than make out, which I was proud of. I swore to myself and Taeyeon that I would never take advantage of her like that. It'd kill me in the process if I screwed things up with us and Taeyeon had smiled, kissing me when I had said this.

Taeyeon said goodbye to her members before the two of us began walking again. The more we walked, the more I felt like not going to see the boys.

"What's the matter, oppa?" Taeyeon asked me, her big brown eyes looking up at me. That innocent gesture made me want to go back to my flat instantly.

"I don't feel like seeing the boys today. I just...really want to spend as much time with you as I can." I said, rubbing the back of my neck with my hand.

She gave me that angelic smile before she tip-toed to kiss my cheek. But she was so short, her lips only brush my jaw, causing me to chuckle.

"Come on, love." I whispered, turning us around so we were heading back towards my flat.