Hot Times

Unexpected

Kyuhyun's POV

"Oppa~!" Sunny's voice cried at me and I turned around in the crowded hallway of the KBS studio, facing my girlfriend's bandmate. "Hey, she's here. We're going to keep her as far away from you as possible until you go on with the guys, ok?"

I smiled, nodding. "I really hope this plan works."

Sunny laughed. "Trust me, it will. If I know Taeyeon-unnie, she'll be so suprised and might even faint. She surprises us." Sunny waved goodbye before she ran off down the hall way, heading back to the SNSD dressing room.

I turned and began heading back to my own destination-the SM The Ballad dressing room. It was a new project that SM had offered me a position in and I was eager for the chance to work with the others. The group consited of some close friends of mine, as well. SHINee's Jonghyun, TRAX's Jay, and a newcomer to SM, Jino. The four of us were really close and I had asked the boys to help with something.

Today was Taeyeon's birthday. I wanted to do something insanely special for her first birthday since the two of us began dating and Jonghyun had actually offered that we should sing 'Hot Times', dedicated to my girlfriend at a special preformance at Music Core. After asking the stage director and our managers, they all agreed to allow us to sing it.

A slow smile came to my face as I thought about what I planned to do. I planned to walk off the stage at some point, go to where the SNSD girls were going to bring Taeyeon, and sing directly to her. Jonghyun had actually helped me with that a little bit but I was eager to try it. For the first time in a long while, I was actually nervous to sing this song for the special reason behind it.

I walked in the SM The Ballad dressing room, finding my sub-groupmates all hanging around, finishing getting ready.

"Did Sunny give the okay?" Jino asked me, standing from the couch.

I nodded, biting my lip slightly. "Does it sound weird when I say I'm nervous?"

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. "Coming from you? Yes. It's kind of scary to hear you say you're nervous."

Jay laughed. "My friend, you have to chill. This is Taeyeon we're talking about. You know how down-to-earth she is. She'll probably be embarrassed but you know deep down she'll love this." He patted my shoulder.

I sighed, nodding before the stage manager came by and told us it was time to begin.

The four of us walked to the stage, all hooking up our earpieces and grabbing our mics before Tiffany and Yuri stepped onto the stage, which had been darkened by the lights so no one could see the set.

"Hello hello!" Tiffany smiled.

"Now we have a special surprise for everyone here today!" Yuri said into her microphone, earning a loud cheer from the fans in the seats.

"As some of you may know, today is my unnie, Taeyeon's birthday! And someone very special to her as prepared something also very special to celebrate it." Tiffany said, turning to Yuri. "Yuri-ah, don't you think we should bring Taeyeon-unnie out?"

Yuri nodded and Jonghyun patted my shoulder again, smiling. "You've got this, man."

"Girls, bring out our unnie!" Yuri shouted into the microphone.

The rest of the members of SNSD filed onto the stage, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon bring Taeyeon with them. Taeyeon looked beautiful as ever, her long brown hair flowing around her shoulders and I swallowed nervously just thinking about singing to her.

"Guys, what on earth on you doing?" Taeyeon laughed nervously into her own microphone, just like her bandmates held. All of them had the girls' names in sparkles underneath the mic.

"Oh, no, unnie. This isn't something we're doing." Seohyun grinned.

"No, this is something someone is doing to you." Hyoyeon added.

"Well, acually someone and three other someones that are helping him but I'm not blowing it so I'll shut up now." Yoona laughed, earning a light tap on the arm from Hyoyeon.

"Okay, well let's get started!" Yuri nodded at the crowd.

The four of us snuck behind the set so we could appear from the back once the girls moved off to the side.

I stepped up onto the stairs, behind the door that would open revealing us, so I'd be the first to walk out as Jay sang his opening part, then me vocalizing.

"Everyone please give a warm welcome to Taeyeon's birthday gift...SM THE BALLAD!" Tiffany's voice rang just as 'Hot Times' began playing and Jay began talking.

The four of us stepped out and as I lifted my microphone to my lips to let out my note, I locked eyes with a blushing Taeyeon. I winked at her before the four of us stood in a line at the front of the stage, singing.

As we finished up the song, I walked away from the group, heading towards Taeyeon as I sang the last part by myself. When I got close enough, I picked up her hand and kissed her knuckles as the song ended.

The cheers after we finished were deafening, even from our bands. Taeyeon had tears in her eyes and she hugged me tightly, kissing my cheek.

"Thank you, Kyu." She whispered.

"Happy birthday, my angel." I replied, kissing her ear once.