Zadkiel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Zadkiel

"Angel of freedom and forgiveness."

 

My hand touched the cold mirror. The image was blurry, as if my eyes refused to accept what they were staring at. Was I this tired? Was this place really getting to me? I could escape from anything and I would get out of here. I most certainly would.

“Hello, Tao.” the door opened and I once again had to face Jessica. She had a cup of coffee in her right hand and her notebook in the other. She quickly took a seat and grabbed a red pen. I didn’t like the color red. It was way too intense.

“By the time you’re done with your investigation, I will be out of this place. You’re not really a good cop aren’t you? How long have you been in the field? You seem pretty young.” I started to annoy her like she did to me last week.

“Oh, I’m sure we won’t get to that. Yes, in fact, I started out two years ago. I was sent by my boss. He really wants to come and see you himself, but he’s working on another case you see.” I never thought she would actually answer me like this. So she was sent by her boss. That made perfect sense. Not.

“Is he also stalking someone in prison?” I grinned and folded my hands. She had dyed her hair; Jessica. It was blonde now. I liked it more now; but that didn’t mean I liked her.

“Touché.” she whispered and started writing again. She always had this confident look when doing so and I wondered why. I was quite sure that she didn’t know about me.

“Let’s talk about Luhan, okay?” she suddenly said. “There was something off about your confession. You did not seem to realize how…wait a minute…” she got some photos out of her notebook and laid them across the table.

It was Luhan’s corpse at the crime scene. I hadn’t had time to look at what I had done properly. It all happened so fast. Jessica had a bit trouble looking at the pictures again. She tried not to show it; but I could see it.

“Is it weird to think that I’m the guy who did all of that?”

Jessica never answered that question and pointed at his stomach and chest area. “You managed to take out all his organs except his heart. You… you took out his intestines and wrapped them around your neck like it was some kind of boa.”

“I did?” Bloody hell, I didn’t even remember that. I couldn’t recall that much because the excitement of the day itself was quite overwhelming. “Very well.”

“Very well, what?” she raised a brow and bit on her lip.

“Nothing, it’s just that… It’s kind of poetic, don’t you think?”

“No I think it is utterly disgusting. But enough about that. We have check on backgrounds and all of that. You were not connected to Luhan in any way possible. Except for the fact that his brother is in Unit 13 of course. Don’t you think that is quite strange? Was your choice that randomly?”

She remained silent for just a second.

“Or did you want to be here?”

I wanted to scream right now. As loud as I could. I hated that woman. Didn’t she realize that what happened to Luhan could easily be done to her if I wanted to? She irritated me. Did she really think I wanted to be here because of Chanyeol? I wanted to kill without any connection to the victim and suddenly his freaking brother was in this place?!

Jessica had left early, because I refused to talk. I just sat there, looking into her stupid eyes, waiting for time to pass. So they let me out on the courtyard for the remaining fifteen minutes. I quickly found Chen sitting on the grass. He was staring at Chanyeol.

“Yo, bubba.” I sat down next to him and looked at his disgusted face. “What’s up?”

Chen went through his hair and started mumbling something about the showers. He knew that Chanyeol’s hearing was extremely advanced, but he couldn’t actually be this good? We were sitting meters and meters away from him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter