Raphael

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Raphael

"The healing angel."

 

 

“You have a cold. Why are you still coming to work? I’m not going anywhere.” Any time soon. Jessica really seemed ill. Her face was stuffed with makeup to hide that fact, but I could clearly notice the signs. She was also wearing a new bracelet.

“I know you’re not.” it was really a pretty bracelet. “Why would you?” There she was, implying that I actually liked being here. She was closer then I had expected, but that didn’t mean I actually respected her. Jessica was smart, almost too smart.

But I was better than her.

“Don’t worry, though. You’ll be seeing less of me soon.” Jessica nodded and grabbed her pen, ready to write about me again.

“Are you finally done with my profile?” I knew she wasn’t. I could see it in her eyes; but my blueprinted Tao was speaking right now. He knew exactly what to say and when.

“Oh no,” Jessica gave me a little arrogant smile. She was excited about something and had to hide where she was coming from. “You’ll see me from time to time, but not every day.”

“That’s nice to hear. You’re agreeing to give both of us a little more space. Take your time.” There was something I wanted to address. Something that had been bothering me the most. Not the hallucinations about my victim and Chanyeol at night. No, there was something wrong with my sight. The world didn’t seem that sharp anymore. As if I had something in my eye, but there was nothing wrong with it.

I remember wearing glasses a few years ago, but I could perfectly survive without them. Why were my eyes being a bother right now?

“I’ll be the one giving you the space you need.” she laughed. “My boss won’t. He solved the case he’d been working on. Soon, he will join you in here.”

I knew that there was nothing wrong with another investigator, but that didn’t mean I could repel all strange feelings about this. It’s not that he intimidated me, but Jessica did talk highly of him and she herself was pretty smart.

“What did he solve?” I frowned and wanted to know what he was all about. Our time was almost up, but I needed to prepare myself. I needed to polish this new profile I wanted to create.

“I’m pretty sure you heard of him. The Judge.” I frowned and had to let out a deep sigh. Of course I had heard of The Judge. He was the serial killer the forces had been looking for, the past five years. He was a genius.

“So you say your boss actually solved that case?” Did I need to prove that I was even smarter than the guy who managed to capture The Judge? My heart throbbed. This was exciting!

“Yes,” Jessica nodded. She looked proud. “The Judge will be placed in here.”

“You still never said why your department is that interested in Luhan’s death.” This was irking me so much. I didn’t know what I needed to prepare for. They knew something was up, but wouldn’t find out until I had escaped.

“Can I ask you a final question? Before our time is up?” Jessica stood up and grabbed her coat, coughing silently.

“If you’d been a victim of The Judge, what would he have carved into your skin?” That’s what he did, The Judge. He stalked his victims months on forehand and after exactly six months, he offered them a final judgment.

Before killing them, he would carve a single judgment into their skin and poured salt and alcohol into the wound. He actually believed he was some kind of higher power.

“I don’t know, Jessica.” I smirked. “I guess I’ll be asking him tomorrow.”

The Judge was making his entrance right now. Chen and I were glued against the bars of our cell, trying to have a peek. I knew, because the entire section was going mad. This was actually the famous Judge.

He started killing when I had just turned fourteen. When I saw his works on the television, I couldn’t really explain what exactly had gone through my body, but his fearlessly way of handling situations inspired me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter