Ananiel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ananiel
"Angel of rain."

 

“Can I ask you something?” I frowned and ignored the bad weather today as well. The Judge sat next to me, looking at Chen. Strange things were happening right now. Not a single soul was being himself. I tried to ignore it, but couldn’t.

Chen was sitting next to Chanyeol right now. They weren’t talking. I had always figured that Chen was scared to death because of that eyeless guy, but he took it to a whole new level right now. He was looking back at us too.

This wasn’t my prison and these people weren’t mine. There was nothing I could do about it other than questioning this monstrosity. Chen and Chanyeol. They were whispering and Chen was crying.

“What?” Jaejoong closed his eyes and exhaled deeply. The other inmates had decided to sit on the left side of the courtyard. They weren’t watching anymore. Everyone looked at me as if they had given up. They had given up on something. On me.

“You killed a lot of people,” this was hard to talk about, but I had to ask him. He was still my superior.

“Obviously,” he seemed almost proud of killing fourteen people in the last fifteen years. I didn’t know how to deal with that and that’s why I asked him the question.

“Do you ever get haunted by your victims? Do you see them in your dreams and such?” I felt stupid asking him, but right now he seemed like the only person who was willing to talk to me.

“I don’t know. I don’t think so.” Jaejoong grinned. “I like doing it, you know. I wouldn’t feel guilty, no.”

I stood up and looked at Chen. He was sitting alone now. Chanyeol was gone. I didn’t want to go near that tree and walked to the place where he had collapsed not so long ago. When I took a seat, I couldn’t forget about his paper. He was hiding it from me. He was hiding himself from me.

Kris didn’t show up today. It looked as if he had disappeared as well. I didn’t know what was going on. Everyone was acting weird. Even Luhan. I couldn’t really process his nice behavior. I couldn’t.

The Judge felt okay with just sitting by himself and I had figured that going inside, back to my cell, would ease my thoughts. It was strange, but since The Judge had come to this place, the thought of escaping Unit 13 was far in the back of my mind.

I knew that escaping this hole needed to be done. But a strange sensation forbade me to. I couldn’t describe what was happening to me. It felt as if my mask had fallen off. I felt sad too. I felt like I had done these people wrong, but I didn’t know what.

Slowly I strolled through the hallway and noticed that everyone was back in their cells as well. Shindong pushed me forward, but my eyes were decaying. I couldn’t see where I was going.

“What’s up with you? Watch where you’re going!” one single touch of the guard and my legs collapsed; my sight turned black as if I had given up as well. I couldn’t do this anymore. I let myself fall to the floor and tried to forget about this place. I was done.

I was blind.

“I’m sorry, I can’t come with you.” He whispered. “I need to be at home. My mother needs me, you see. Can you go in my place and say I’m sorry?”

This voice…

I knew this voice…

“It’s fine.”

“I can do it by myself. Nothing bad will happen if I go alone, right?”

When I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see the light again. I looked into Luhan’s eyes; I knew they were his. His body was draped over mine; I was lying on my back inside my bed. He was there, as some kind of shield and stared into my eyes until they started hurting again.

It was nighttime, no one was awake. The entire prison was silent. I could only hear Chen’s soft breathing. He would sometimes talk in his sleep, but not tonight. Everyone was vast asleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter