Orifiel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Orifiel
"Angel of the forest and wilderness."

 

 

Things were different now. Everything had changed even though things still remained the same. What could you say about a prison? It was boring, dragging, but not for me. I tried not to think about rotting away in this place, but getting out. There was this feeling inside my core that wanted to get out of this place.

Chanyeol and Luhan kept haunting me at night and Chen was now aware of this fact. Not that he saw what I was seeing; no. He just knew something was bothering me and tried to get me telling the truth. This was something I never did, so I kept my mouth shut.

“I don’t think he really knows what’s going on.” Jaejoong sighed and pointed at my cellmate. “I mean, he’s quite oblivious, isn’t he?”

“Yeah, he’s special.” I tried not to talk about him, but Jaejoong seemed fairly interested in Chen.  “Not that he is a bad person, you know.”

I didn’t really understand why Chen refused to hang out with us. The Judge didn’t really show off his insanity. Just like the others. This confused me as well. The only rather insane person who was locked behind bars, seemed to be Chen.

Why?

Because he was the only one who dared denying it.

Times were changing, I realized that. I also kind of felt strange because there were so many things I wanted to talk about- but no one was there to listen. The only person who seemed interested in me, was someone who I learned to despise.

“Tell me a bit about these parents of yours. They aren’t around, are they? I know we don’t allow visitors, but they haven’t even tried. Tao, don’t you think that’s strange?” Kris scratched the back of his head and nodded. “I find that pretty off.”

“So, what? Why do you even care about this?” I groaned and really wanted to get out of this room right now. I didn’t want to be here anymore. This prison, it was tearing me apart. My eyes, they were getting worse as well. Kris’ face became blurry, while everything else seemed perfectly fine. Maybe my brain didn’t want to deal with him. I didn’t, that was for sure.

“I don’t know, Tao. You tell me.”

I remained silent for a bit. “What did Jessica say about my parents?”

Kris didn’t answer and kept his eyes on me. He was looking at Jessica’s notebook later, but didn’t open it. As if he knew every single word that was written down in it.

To be honest, the more I thought about my parents, the more I didn’t understand why it was such a hard thing to do. As if I was trying to remember a really happy dream. The more I did, the more that kept fading away. I couldn’t hold onto it.

This obviously confused me and made me think of something else. “Are you and Jessica seeing each other?”

Kris broke out of his trance and sat back for a second, looking at me with a raised eyebrow. “What? Where did you get that from?”

I pointed at his wrist and nodded while looking at the bracelet I had seen Jessica wear before. “It’s hers.”

Kris frowned and stood up. “We’re done for today.” That was the only thing he said before leaving. I realized I could sit on the courtyard for thirty minutes and forgot about this peculiar situation.

“Wait!” someone grabbed my arm before I even had the chance to think about where I was heading to. “Listen,” it was gummy smile. “I need to tell you something important.” He dragged me to some kind of bricked wall and soon his friends were circling around me.

I remembered their names quite well. Gummy smile, his name was Bang Yong Guk. He was here because he had chopped someone’s hands off and made his victim… eat it. Sounded pretty insane to me, but he didn’t really radiated lunacy. He first seemed pretty excited of The Judge being here, but that clearly had worn off.

There were six others standing around me at the moment. I was good with names. Really good. The strange thing was, I felt like I knew them before I came to Unit 13.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter