Ambriel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ambriel
"Angel of the sun."

 

 

“What do you want to smuggle into prison?” finally, finally Chen brought it up himself. I’d figured that if I forced him, he would shut down. Chen was a difficult person to work with, but I knew how to pull certain strings to make him willing.

“So you know how to get something in?” I pointed at the picture he was holding in his hands and bit on my lip. He always carried that picture around when the guards were not close to our cell. He always did. I had never seen what was portrayed on it. Not that I wanted to, but I sometimes wondered if it was Minah. He was completely obsessed with it.

Actually, to be honest, I didn’t even know whether it was a picture. It could be a drawing or a letter. He just called it the love of his life. What did that even mean? I would say a picture of one of his idols.

“Yes,” Chen nodded slowly. “But to obtain it, you have to go places you don’t want to go. It’s dangerous and dark. You enter a world you aren’t supposed to.” He opened his eyes and grinned. “What do you need?”

“I’ll let you know when I need it.” I answered and noticed how Jessica’s boss was approaching our cell. “Just be quiet now. This conversation never took place.”

“Roger that.”

This was the third time I sat here with him. This was different. Jessica’s boss wasn’t easy to trick. He was clever. According to the guards, he’d written several books about profiling and whatnot. He was at the top of his business and now on his career since the capture of The Judge. Even though The Judge was in here for a reason. That’s what he told me.

“Every question I asked Jessica to tell you; you somehow avoided every single one of them and provided us useless information about your two-braincelled cellmate. Ah, how annoying.” His name was Kris. Jaejoong called him Wuffie. Don’t even ask me why. Jaejoong mocked almost everything that breathed. Especially Kris. I wouldn’t blame him.

Kris was ing annoying as hell.

“I don’t care what lies you tell me, Tao. I really don’t care at all.” he had become arrogant, so it seemed. The glory of capturing a famous serial killer had lifted him off the floor. “I see right through you.”

“What do you want to get out of this?” I shrugged and folded my hands again. “I’m in ing prison. You want to get me out? Because that’s what it looks like.”

“No,” Kris groaned. “I don’t want to get you out, in fact, I think you fit in quite well.” he nodded firmly. “However,” he stood up and smashed his hands against the table. “I ing hate it when insane people mock me. It’s obvious that you want to be here. You really enjoy being here. Not because you’re mentally insane.”

In the past three days, that’s what he’d come up with and I had to say; Kris was smart. He knew at least something. But he didn’t come up with that all by himself. Jessica had figured that out way before him. I didn’t even mind that he suspected me of wanting to be here. He couldn’t get me out. I had killed Luhan and there was nothing he could do about that.

“So, I’m going to find out why. Whether you like it or not. You will see my face each and every single day and god, you will grow tired of me.” Kris shattered his teeth and realized how that made me react. I hated that noise.

“Why would someone want to be in prison? Why here?” Kris pinched his eyes together. “Whatever reason you have; I think you don’t even realize yourself why you’re here.”

“Oh, this is interesting. Please, do enlighten me.” I leaned forward and showed him my eyes. I couldn’t really focus on his face, but that didn’t matter right now. He needed to feel intimidated or else he could squish me like a fly.

“Why would I?” he grinned. “I want to see your face until you do. I’m going to get it out of you slowly.”

By the time he came to that, if he would, I’d be gone already.

“I hate his guts already.” I sneered and looked up at the sky. He had taken my free time yesterday and decided not to show up today. I didn’t mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter