Barachiel

Lacrimosa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Barachiel
"Angel of blessings."

 

The courtyard had turned into a dark place. The sun wasn’t shining anymore; clouds were covering every particle of light that even tried to touch my skin. This wasn’t the same anymore. There was this vibe and I couldn’t possibly relax because of it.

The world wasn’t the same anymore and everyone was feeling it. Kris didn’t show up today. I couldn’t care less, but it kept me wondering if it was about my remark about Jessica. I just said what went through my mind. Why was he even wearing that bracelet?

The Judge was still sitting on the exercise equipment and the others inmates had their eyes on me. I didn’t feel like talking to anyone but Chen today. I had to admit, he was rather tense lately; but I still needed him. I was planning on taking a look at his piece of paper too.

“Bubba, you seem…” Chen was lying on the grass, curled up. I didn’t know whether he was crying, but he refused to look at me. I tried to touch his arm while kneeling next to him, but he backed away.

“I can’t breathe.” He whispered. “Let me be.” He didn’t sound like he was chocking, but there was something wrong with him. I only couldn’t name it. I wanted to help him, but I didn’t know how.

“What’s wrong?” Jaejoong suddenly stood next to me and had his eyes glued on Chen. My friend started freaking out and couldn’t breathe now.

“Chen!” I shouted. “Chen!” No one came to help us. The inmates stayed put, just like the three guards who were looking at us from the distance. Chen’s face turned blue; but no one cared.

He started shaking when Jaejoong touched him and I couldn’t look at this anymore. I pushed him away. The Judge fell on the grass and gave me an enraged look. “Stay away from him. Let him be.” I whispered and turned to Chen again.

There was definitely something wrong with this place. They just left him here to die. My fingers tried to open his mouth and I couldn’t do anything but blow air in his lungs.

“Breathe,” I whispered and tried to do it again. His lips felt cold to the touch. “Chen, please, just breathe.”

Suddenly, out of nowhere, his eyes shot open and he looked at me. Luhan sat right next to me, looking at what was happening. The Judge had left us; obviously upset because I had pushed him like that.

“Devil’s Kiss,” Chen grinned weakly. “I don’t believe any of that.” I pulled him up and looked at how the guards did come just now.

Heechul, the guard Chen didn’t like, still kept his distance; but Shindong and Yesung helped him walk to the checkpoint.

“Why the hell didn’t you guys help him?!” I shouted. “You’re all insane.” I gritted my teeth and my eyes were burning right now.

Heechul gave me a blank stare and shook his head. “I don’t know,” he whispered. “I honestly don’t know.”

“You are late,” I said when looking at Kris. He looked as if he didn’t get much sleep last night. What had he been doing? He almost seemed human; almost. “I thought you bailed out.”

“Why would I?” he was still wearing Jessica’s bracelet. I kept wondering why. She seemed pretty in love with it; why would she give it away just like that?

“Tao,” he broke the silence and grabbed Jessica’s notebook. “What happened today in the courtyard? I heard The Judge was involved.”

“He was? I don’t know, though. I found Chen lying in the grass, choking. No one even looked at him.” I felt upset about this and I couldn’t under

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter