Chapter 7

Jung Daehyun, my best boy friend

The news spreaded like wildfire around the entire school, even the teachers know about it. Being one of the sweetest couple in the school, most people know the both of you. But you didn't even breathe a word about it to yiur family, or you would even care less.

You slipped into your black sneakers and patted your dog, Mandu.

"Bye, I'm going now." Mandu barked and wagged his tail. You smiled and stood up.

 

"Oh! Bomi, why are you here.." You saw Bomi outside your house.

"To accompany you to school duh?!" She replied and hooked arms with you. 

You cooed, "Awww~ my Bomi is so nice~"

Both of you laughed and proceeded.

I hope Eunji's fine.... Bomi glanced at Eunji from time to time. 

 

In school, you tried to be as talkative as possible.

"Hey, heard Peniel broke up with her yesterday..." '

"Peniel dumped Eunji for another girl?" 

"Psh, that is so not nice of him..."

"Poor girl..."

"I know right." 

Whisperings and murmurings were exchanged as you walked down the corridors, hanging her head low.

"Hey, can you guys just shut your mouth or do you want me to do it for you? Mind your own businesses." Daehyun popped out of nowhere and grunted.

The crowd quickly dispersed and he walked up to you. He gave your shoulder a squeeze as if though it says 'STAY STRONG.' 

Your lips twitched upwards slightly, "Thanks buddy."

As he was about to leave, you tugged at the hem of his uniform.

"Are you free after school later?" You asked.

"Uhh yeah, I am. Why?" 

"I want to treat you some drinks ((not alcohol ok.)) for helping me earlier on."

Daehyun was about to reject you but he saw your pleading face.

"Well, if you insis-"

"GREAT! See you after school then, bye!" You waved infront of his face and ran off to the following class.

Daehyun watched your backview as you ran. "Why is she acting so normal and not hurt? She's one strong girl I know." he chuckled at his friend.

-

You concentated pretty well and took down all the notes successfully w/o thinking about Peniel.

Jongup who is in the same class as you for Math. He gazed at the back of your head with no ease.

Eunji was so tramautised yesterday, but now? She's awesome I'd say. Jongup found himself smiling a bit. 

Namjoo, another close friend of yours, kept glancing at you in class and shifted uncomfortably.

Eunji's so hardworking now? She must be crazy, wow. That darned chap, I swear I'll wallop his face if I ever see him again. Namjoo bit her cheek.

"class, there will be no homework today." Mrs. Lee announced to the class. The class burst into applauds and cheers instantly, including you. 

-After school-

You packed all your things into your bag and took our your phone.

I'm going to the school gate rn. you?

You texted Daehyun. Before you left the class, Namjoo caught up on you.

"Are you... okay, Eunji?" 

You laughed, causing her to look at you weirdly.

"Of course I'm fine! Why wouldn't I be?" you beamed.

"That's...good." Namjoo scratched her head in confusion and smiled sheepishly.

"If there's nothing else, I'll be going then, byee." You gave her a quick hug and left the class.

Your phone vibrated. Daehyun replied.

I'm coming out sooon. Wait up!! :) 

You smiled at his use of emoticon and walked towards the school gates. As you were waiting, somebody bumped shoulders with you. You looked up at that rude person and it was your bestfriend. You punched his shoulders playfully and he chuckled, "Let's go." Both of you walked side by side to a nearby beverage shop. It was cosy and comfortable inside. It was vintage-themed.

"I'll take caramel frappe." you told the waiter while scanning through the menu. The waiter jotted down some words onto his small notesbook and looked up. He looked like he's in his late forties.

"How about you, Sir?" he asked politely, showing his dimples.

"Chocolate frappe, please." Daehyun closed the menu and told him.

The waiter repeated the orders and bowed at the both of you before leaving. Daehyun looked aoround the surroundings and said, "This place hasn't change a bit since a year ago..." You looked around and an amused expression formed on your face as nodded. He was right. He smiled at you as his eyes turned into cresents. Your insides melted. What the.. why am I feeling like this. You questioned yourself. Both of you exchanged small talks until the waiter came with a tray of your orders. 

"Caramel frappe for this pretty lady." he said as he placed your beverage infront of you. You giggled and blushed shyly. You couldn't stand compliments. "And chocolate frappe for this handsome guy." he turned to Daehyun and put his frappe infront of you. "감사합니다." Both of you bowed slightly at the elder. The elder smiled back, showing his wrinkles, "You two look really perfect together." "N-No, we're just friends, ahjusshi." You clarified and laughed awkwardly. "Eyyy, you've gotta be kidding me. Enjoy your drinks." he bowed and left the two of you alone. You looked back at Daehyun and locked eyes for a while before both of you burst into laughters.

"Misunderstanding. Hmmm." Daehyun chuckled softly as he sipped on his frappe. You laughed along and shook your head. "So? Is it tasty?" You asked, pointing at his frappe which looked way more delicious than yours................ unfortunately. :/ Daehyun stopped drinking and passed his drink to you. You gladly took it and tasted it. You lit up. "GOsh! So tasty, I'm gonna buy this next time." Daehyun's hand stretched out to get back his drink but you jerked it back. He narrowed his eyes at you. "Take mine." You told him and pushed your drink to his hand. Daehyun gaped in surprise, "B-B-But that's mine?!" You pretended not to hear anything and continued sipping on his drink while looking outside of the window. Daehyun PFFT-ed and took yours, left with no choice. He drank it and though that it wasn't too bad.

And both of you burned time by chatting nonsensical things and taking silly and unglam selcas. You scrolled through the photos and groaned, "Heyy, this is no fair. How come, your unglam, isn't unglam at all?" You felt a tinge of jealousy. Yes, Daehyun is handsome but isn't this world so unfair?! "This is called natural beauty okay. My parents got good genes." He was somewhat proud of himself and patted his cheeks with both palms. You just rolled your eyes and remained silent. Daehyun looked outside of the shop and saw the sky was turning dark. You slung your bag over your shoulder and stood up. "Let's go, oppa." It was currently -5 degrees celcius outside. This weather is crazy. You pulled your thick white scarf all the way up to your nose and breathed, white fog escaped your mouth. "Let's go home fast before your butts freeze in this weather." Daehyun folded his arms . You nodded eagerly. 

"I'll accompany you home." He said as he walked beside you. "Eh? No need! I can manage it." "No, but I insist. What if some molester appear before you? You'll never know. It's getting late now, don't argue with me." his tone was stern like your father. You started to shiver all of a sudden. But, Daehyun pulled you closer to him. "It's cold right, then let's get going!" 

Upon reaching your house, you thanked Daehyun, "Thanks Dae, for walking me in this horrible weather." "Don't mention it. Go in now." Daehyun grinned. :D "No, you go first." "No, I said it first." He fought back. You shrugged at your stubborn friend and entered the house. After a nice warm bath, you sank into your soft bed and buried yourself in pillows and blanket. You fished out your phone and it indicated 1 unread message. It was from Daehyun.

I MISS YOU ALR.... 3  You smirked and replied.

어머, 어떡하지. I dont miss you XD You laughed evily and pressed SEND. A few seconds later, you got his reply.

Eyyy, such a rotten friend I have ;;. hmmph fine! :B 

You giggled and texted him back. wow, you do at sacarsm sometimes :v cant you see I was just kidding? DUMD DAE!!! 

oohhh~ so this means you DO MISS ME? X)

You made a face at his reply and threw your phone to a side, "Such a cute friend I have." you smiled slightly.

 

 

A/N: I wished I had such a great friend like Daehyunnie...... DDDD': sobs

COMMENT PEOPLE COMMENT :)) special thanks to:

AliciaLoveeKey :DD thankyou ahh for commenting like almost all the time and making me smile. idek why but i loooooove new comments ^^