Chapter 16: With Daehyun

Jung Daehyun, my best boy friend

BOOM CLAP BOOM BOOM CLA- (No Mercy as alarm ringtone)

Daehyun woke up. The first thing that came to his mind was Eunji, nothing but Eunji. Having told to wake her up at 8, he woke up at 7. For what? To prepare breakfast for them. Luckily, he picked up some skills from his mom.

"Phew this should be it." Daehyun wiped off his non-existent sweat off his forehead as he looked at the food he cooked by himself 600%. He glanced at his kitchen clock. It read 7:58AM. 

"Just in time." he sang and took off the apron. He walked upstairs as quietly as possible. Daehyun peeked into the room. Eunji's still sound asleep. He walked over to the bed like a mouse, making small but steady steps.

The blankets were kicked onto the ground by I-don't-know-who-did-it. Daehyun gulped as he saw Eunji's sleeping figure. Eunji had rolled up her pants last night as it was hot and stuffy. It's spring. And hence, revealed her milky slim legs. Daehyun gathered his senses and touched Eunji's forearm.

"Wake up, elephant." that's her nickname since when she walks, it's loud. Eunji grunted and threw a pillow at Daehyun. She turned her back to him and continued sleeping. Daehyun caught the pillow before it hit his beautiful face. He inhaled heavily and exhaled aloud. But, for the sake of his cutie pie lovely sweet bubbly best friend, he kept his cool. 

He tried shaking her shoulders with more force this time.

"Wake uuuuup!" He yelled. Only then, Eunji sat up groggily and blinked slowly, shaped into a small pout.

Daehyun patted her back several times, "C'mon, get up."

Eunji mumbled incoherent words, "hskyhcscbhcvbs." and got up.

She shuffled into the toilet to wash up. She tied her hair into a bun while walking down the stairs. A table of foooood welcomed her.

 

 

"You bought these?" Eunji asked Daehyun.

"I made them." Daehyun corrected her. He was already sitting down at the dining table, eating.

"What? You?" Eunji gasped in disbelief.

"Yeah?" He continued munching on the ham.

Eunji ran down the cold wooden stairs and threw a backhug at Daehyun.

"Woooah, chill." he chuckled.

"Thaaanks! You're the best!" she squealed.

Daehyun felt lightheaded and happy. He was glad that Eunji liked his food, even before eating it. After a few seconds, Eunji pulled away and sat down opposite of Daehyun.

"Oh yes! I haven't told my parents-" she suddenly remembered.

Daehyun cut in, "Don't worry. I called them for you last night." 

"Aww, thanks man." Eunji cooed.

"Stop thanking me. It's nothing much anyway." Daehyun poked her forehead. 

After devouring the breakfast, Eunji said in a demanding tone, "I'll wash these plates." 

"No-"

"Yes."

"Don't y-"

"I don't care." Eunji took the plates. 

"You cooked these delicious food and all, so at least, let me wash them?" Eunji gave him her famous puppy eyes. 

Daehyun sighed, defeated.

"Fine. Here." he passed the dirty dishes to Eunji.

Eunji took the plates and brought it to the sink. Daehyun crossed his arms and stood at the kitchen door, watching her wash the plates from behind. He found her backview really attractive and the urge to backhug her grew larger as time passed.

Crap. Daehyun turned away.

 

Eunji was taking her dried clothes from the balcony when she heard footsteps, followed by a pressure around her waist, then a familiar scent. Daehyun. She looked down and found a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist, followed by a chin pressing onto her left shoulder.

"Don't leave so fast..." Daehyun spoke in a low voice.

Eunji's heart nearly jumped out. This scene is really familiar.

 

Flashback:

The 8 years old Daehyun accidentally broke Eunji's favourite toy car. Eunji was wailing her eyes out, squatting on the floor infront of her broken blue toy car. 

"I'm going to tell my moooom. Go away, I don't want to see you!" She pushed Daehyun away and ran for the door but Daehyun had already hugged her from the back.

"I'm sorry, Eunji. I'm sorry." there was sincerity in his voice, there was.

End of flashback.

 

"I won't leave...yet." Eunji replied.

Daehyun pulled back and Eunji turned around. She softened a bit when she saw his pleading face.

"Then... in the meantime, what shall we do?" 

"I know what we can do, follow me." he snapped his fingers, winking at Eunji.

 

A/N: ugh like finally a chapter is updated. deep apologies to all readers, i said i would update a few days ago but i did not. i hate myself but thats not the point, 

HOW'S THE CHAPTER SO FAAAAAAARR? :DD

readers, im hungry right now, hungry for NEW COMMENTS!!