Chapter 9

Jung Daehyun, my best boy friend

"I choose you!" you squealed as you pointed. You pointed at Daehyun. He gawked and threw his arms into the air, "Uh yeah! Eunji chooses me, beat that!" He stuck his tongue at the others who are crestfallen. They paired themselves up. Zelo and Yongguk, Chorong and Hayoung, Himchan and Naeun, Youngjae and Jongup. Daehyun let you choose the seats and you said you wanted the window seat. 

The bus was alive. Students were singing K-pop songs loudly, not caring whether their voices break. The teacher just laughed along at her students. 

-

Eunji tried to sleep for a little while in the bus and shifted uncomfortably in her seat to find a comfortable position. At last, she leaned her head on the glass window and shut her eyes. It was all smooth when the bus went over a speed bump and made her knock her head on the glass window. 

"Ouch!" she winced in pain and rubbed her sore head. Daehyun looked worried and asked, "Are you okay?" Eunji nodded and showed him a 'OK' sign. He reached out and took her face and made her leaned into his left shoulder. She blushed at his actions as it was the first time someone ever did this to her. "Sleep. I'll wake you up when we reached." he whispered. Eunji nodded and soon fell asleep on his warm shoulder. Daehyun slowly looked down at Eunji after some time and found himself gazing at her for quite some time. He looked away and swallowed. 

As time passed, her head slowly started to slide off Daehyun's shoulder. Eventually, her head fall off and her body went down together with her. She woke up abruptly as her face was near to touching Daehyun's thighs. She quickly sat up straight and mumbled a sorry. Daehyun only grinned and shook his head. Eunji brushed her hair away from her face and looked outside of the window. She cursed herself and tried to hide her red face. A smile crept onto Daehyun's lips. 

About two hours of driving, they've finally reached their destination. Eunji looked with amusement outside of the bus window. A view of mud, paddy fields, small houses, animals etc. formed an O shaped. "This... is a fieldtrip? It's so beautiful." Chorong murmured as she got off the bus. After all the students got off the bus, the teacher-in-charge gathered them all at a side. An ahjumma with short and curly black jet hair came out of a house nearby. The teacher went to talk to her. She seemed friendly and motherly. She's Mrs Lee.

"Group 1, your house is there." the teacher pointed to a blue-roofed house. "Group 2..." she pointed at a green-roofed house. "and Group 3's that one." she pointed at the red-roofed house. "Go put your belongings in the houses and come out here to gather." "Yes~" the students said and ran excitedly to their respective houses. 

Eunji dumped her backpack onto the warm wooden floor. She looked around the house, or rather, room. It seemed enough to fit 15-18 people. 4 walls + ceiling and nothing else except 2 light bulbs on the ceiling and a closet. Not even a TV or fan. Naeun checked the temperature on her phone, "Woah, I swear this weather is crazy. Just now was -2 and now is 19." Everybody heard her and took off their thick sweaters.

Mrs Lee is the owner of those 3 houses. "Okay, we'll be learning how to make fresh kimchi." she smiled widely. The class clapped with enthusiasm. "But first," she halted them and took out a plastic bag full of... who-knows-what's-in-there. Mrs Lee reached in and took out a flowery and baggy pants, similar to what she was wearing then. "You all must wear this." she showed the students the pants proudly. The class burst into fits of laughters. She passed to each and every one of them one. Dehyun got his and he stretched it, "Ahahaha, mwoh ya..." Himchan laughed his heart out at his pants' design. Mrs Lee went to Zelo and saw his pants, "Aigoo, you should wear it like this..." and she pulled the pants higher to his chest, now we know why it's stretchy. The other students laughed even louder while Zelo pouted in embarrassment. 

After teaching them how to make the kimchi, the ahjmma left them alone to do it. The worst kimchi's group would have to sleep without the heater. That is to make the students try their very best if they want to sleep peacefully in warmth and comfort.

Daehyun's group divided the workload and started making the kimchi. The girls (Apink)  mixed and made the sauces while the guys (B.A.P) mixed the cabbages until it looked decent enough. odg, imagine B.A.P making kimchis, biceps! arghh. "Come yeobo, taste this." Youngjae said in a high tone and took a small piece of marinated kimchi, placed it infront of Daehyun's mouth. He ate it and his face contorted. His group members were looking at him with anticipation. "Yeobo, it's too salty." he replied in a higher tone. duh, vocalists. "Aishhh..." Youngjae sulked.

"TIME'S UP! Stop your work.'' Mrs Lee told them. Daehyun's group froze. They could already sense their fate. 

-

"That unlucky group that is going to sleep without the heater is............................." Mrs Lee announced. All 3 groups were nervous. "Group 3!" the other two groups sighed in relief while Group 3 groaned and whined like kids. 

"Okay now, you're dismissed. Good night." the teacher dismissed the class. "Bad night.." Hayoung grumbled as she played with her long hair. "Let's go." Yongguk patted Hayoung's shoulder and ushered them into the cold house. They stepped reluctantly into the house and the cold hard floor welcomed them.

Eunji wore 4 layers of clothings while the others wore the same or even 5. Long-sleeved clothes>hoodie>jacket>another jacket. Himchan went to the wooden closet and pulled out the thick blankets and some pillows. Hayoung and Chorong helped arranged the blankets and laid it on the cold floor. Their positions are: HC, YJ, YG, JU, DH, EJ, HY, CR, NE. (their initials). 

All of them covered themselves with the blankets. "Goodnight." Naeun's sweet voice echoed the room. The rest replied in unison, "Goodnight."

Eunji sighed and tried to sleep comfortably. But to no avail. Daehyun who is sleeping beside her, saw her tossing and turning around. He poked her shoulder and Eunji turned to face him. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, concerned. Eunji flinched at their proximity, it was barely a few centimetres apart from his face and hers. "It's too c-cold." Eunji whispered. Daehyun understood and nodded. He suddenly pulled Eunji closer to him by the waist. She blushed immediately at his actions. Her face was directly infront of Daehyun's neck. He wrapped his arm around Eunji, attempting to keep her warm, the other hand held hers. 

"Is this better?" he whispered back. Eunji nodded slowly and looked up at him, "What if they misundersta-" "They won't. They'll understand alright, go sleep." he assured you with a small smile. Eunji smiled wider and thought. This punishment isn't too bad afterall. 

 

A/N: comment yeah? pretty pleaaase :)