Chapter 5

Jung Daehyun, my best boy friend

For the past few days, Peniel has been ignoring Eunji all the time. Despite Eunji's attempt to talk to him or even to grab his attention, nothing worked.

Eunji grew really suspicious of that Kyung Mi girl and Peniel. They laughed as they chatted and what hurt Eunji more is that, Peniel laughed like the way he never did while he was with Eunji.

-

Eunji was chatting with Young Jae in the canteen during break time. 

 

"Oh my god did you saw Peniel and Kyung Mi kissing at table 15!?" A girl with bob hair told her friend as they walked past Eunji's table. Eunji's smile turned into a frown as she heard what the girl said and so did Youngjae. 

No wonder there was a huge commotion around table 15 in the canteen.

Eunji gulped and tucked Youngjae at his sleeve, wanting to get out of the cafeteria. Youngjae nodded in understanding and stood up.

They quickly left the cafeteria and of course for Eunji, with a heavy and broken heart.

Eunji then suddenly told Youngjae ,"I want to have some personal time, so.. see you later." With that, she left. Youngjae only could sighed at her retreating backview.

-

Eunji was walking towards the back garden, aimlessly. She didnt even know how she got there. Her mind was all about Peniel and Peniel and Peniel. She felt getting dumped. Dumped by her own boyfriend, or should she say, in her perspective. 

Did Peniel even treated her like his own girlfriend? Well, maybe. He rarely initiate stuffs. He rarely met up with her. He rarely even give her presents. But why did Eunji still consider him as her boyfriend? Because Eunji thought love was easy, love was how it seemed between Peniel and her. 

But now, she knew she's wrong. 

In her thoughts, she didn't notice where she was walking and tripped over a small rock embedded on the hard ground. 

A sharp scream was heard.

 

Daehyun POV;

I saw Eunji's pale and stiff face as soon as she left the cafeteria with Youngjae. I guess she heard about that girl and Peniel. That douche Peniel. Feeling worried as her bestfriend, I followed her behind closely.

She seemed really immersed in her thoughts. 

All was fine until she tripped over a rock. A ear-piercing shrill escaped her.

I immediately ran towards her without thinking twice.

End of POV.

 

Eunji felt a presence beside her when she fell on the ground. She turned and found Daehyun. Daehyun's face has a word written on it. Hurt. 

Everytime Eunji hurts herself, Daehyun would feel hurt too. He swore he could have strangled Peniel.

"Let's go to the sick bay." Daehyun told her as he scooped her off the ground. Her knee was scraped.

He carried her bridal style and walked briskly towards the office.

Eunji had no mood nor energy to argue with Daehyun and instead, she hid her face in his shoulder and clutched tightly onto his blazer, her hair covering most of her face so people couldnt easily recognise her. Eunji felt empty and blur. Daehyun pinched his brows together in anger. He was angry at what Peniel actually did to Eunji.

As they walked past a few classrooms, murmurings and gossipings were heard.

Daehyun ignored all those and quickened his pace. While Eunji could only bury herself in his blazer.

-

Your POV;

Every dab the school nurse make on your wounds, you would tighten the grasp on the bed sheets. It stung but it was nothing compared to the pain in your fragile heart.

After getting your wounds treated, Daehyun told you to hop onto his back.

"No need! I can manage." You rejected, trying to get off the bed stubbornly.

"Eunji." His tone was stern. 

At last, you heaved and got on his back reluctantly. He slung your school bag in his front and steadied himself. You awkwardly shifted yourself as you encircled your arms around his neck. Daehyun supported your legs and flipped his hair.

Taking a cab, Daehyun and you reached your house.

-

"Aigooo! What happened to my baby?!" Eunji's mom squealed, worried.

"I fell." Eunji told her, she wasnt exactly lying right.

Daehyun passed to her her school bag and bowed at her mom.

"Bye Mrs. Jung. I gotta go." he explained.

"Thanks a lot, Daehyun ah. I owe you a favor, really." 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

a/n: DANG IT! omg finally updated. school was getting in the way, yeah. ): 

anyhow, comment now!