39

COME BE MY GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Hey." Woohyun said with a smile. "How are you?" “Good”, she replied emotionlessly. Woohyun saw the look in her eyes.  It was something he rarely saw from her, a sad presence. “You not feeling too good right now?”, he looked around and realised L’s absence. “Where’s L?” “Oh, he went to get something”, she replied curtly. Woohyun ruffled his hair upon her reply as Hyomin stepped forward. “Jiyeonnie! I hope you feel better soon! It’s bored having to sleep alone in our room”, Hyomin gave a slight pout as she sat on the edge of the bed. Jiyeon merely laughed as she looked down to her hands. Hyomin noticed her acting strangely and looked up to Woohyun and mouthed, “What happened?” He just shrugged, because he too was clueless as well. “Jiyeon-ah!”, Sunggyu saluted at her. “Oh oppa.” "There's something wrong with you”, Sungjong suddenly spoke up. Jiyeon just bit on her lips. “Did something happened while we weren’t here?” She just shook her head numbly. Why should she tell them?  She didn’t want them to be involved in her own problems. Right after the talk with L, she got mad at him for hiding it from her. She knew he knew what happened to Kris.   For a few minutes, L stayed in his position dumbly, looking around uselessly trying to think of something to tell her. Eventually, Jiyeon closed her eyes briefly and sighed, feeling more exhausted than she had thought waiting for his reply. “He left to Switzerland with his family”, his reply was soft, but cold and filled with emotion. L’s soft voice made the Jiyeon’s gaze snap back to him. “That soon? I knew he had to go there for a short while because of his father.” L looked conflicted, it almost appeared as if he was restraining himself. “He’s not coming back.” For a second, all Jiyeon could do was to stare at him in disbelief. “What?”, her voice and gaze were confused. “He’s going to stay there for a couple of years and then head back to his country. And he also told me…”, he trailed off and then continued, “He said to stop thinking about him.” "I don't understand why he’s being so unreasonable about this”, Jiyeon sighed as she laid down. “He’s not being unreasonable, Jiyeon. I guess he just wants what’s best for you.”             “But it’s wrong!” She wanted to stomp her feet but instead, she just crossed her arms angrily. "Just because he’s leaving you without any notice, what he’s doing is wrong", L barked, an annoyed frown pulling darkly at her features. "How can you possibly be so insensitive about this?", she shrieked and L grimaced at the slightly hysterical tone of the question.   "Why are you over-reacting? Doesn’t this make it less awkward and you wouldn’t have to worry bumping into him when we’re together?" L was genuinely confused by her reaction, overreaction in her mind, because she never would have said anything if she'd didn’t mind about it. "It's not like I told you he died or something." L’s knuckles went white as he gripped tightly at the bottom of his shirt. "L, I sincerely hope you're not making up any stories in case you think I’m going to run back to him, because I don't think I can handle anymore surprises today, and certainly not one that just came out from your mouth”, Jiyeon’s eyes rolled and L shook his head. "You're being insane.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter