22

COME BE MY GIRL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“No pouting in public”, Kris warned Jiyeon as she was mentally complaining to herself due to the heat. Jiyeon stuck her tongue out at him as she continued walking. “We’ll be in an air-conditioned place soon, just bear with it a little bit more”, he patted the top of her head. “How did you know what I was thinking?” "It's written all over your face”, Kris told her. When Jiyeon didn't reply, he couldn't help but to smile. Kris had tried to be close with her ever since the beginning and looks like he’s hard work was paying off. “Gege!”, Suzy jumped in between them as she pushed Jiyeon away slightly. “I can see the farm from here! Let’s go!”, she dragged him along with her, forgetting about L and Jiyeon as she left them behind. Seeing that they were alone together at the moment, L took that as his cue and stepped forward into Jiyeon’s line of vision. "Hey, Miss Park." "Hi", she smiled and barely hesitated when he approached her. “Just so you know, Woohyun hyung has gone back to Korea early in the morning.” “Jinja?”, Jiyeon’s head perked up as she turned her head to look at him. “Why did he leave? We still have a few days left before this vacation ends.” L cleared his throat. “Well, you know, he’s…kind of feeling regretful for his actions towards you.” Jiyeon kept silent. “So, do you by any chance have any secret feelings for him?” Jiyeon gasped at his question. "No. I can’t even bring myself to like him in that way. If I did, I would’ve been with him since I arrived.” L chuckled at her statement. “So confident I see.” “Well of course”, she held her head high as she broke into a small laugh.   Jiyeon, who had seen Kris and Suzy go further and further has moved closer to L as the cars zooming passed her was startling her out. Without thinking, L has slid an arm around her waist. She almost jumped from his touch but remained still as they walked. L was silently pleased and felt relieved at Jiyeon for not flinching away from the personal contact. Jiyeon could feel her heart thumping uncontrollably and couldn’t deny the fact that she was quite enjoying this little moment. "I love it here. It's so much better than it was back there." "Are you feeling much better?", L questioned. "Better than ever. I just wish the times spent here would be a memorable one in the days to come before summer ends.” "I can always bring you here anytime you want. That’s the least I could do to repay you for getting me back together with Suzy”, L assured her. "Promise?" "Promise”, L slightly chuckled at her silliness and hooked their pinkies. "Okay." And in that second L found himself amazed at what she just asked him to do. She seemed to have a lot of aegyo in her when she was talking to him which could be the main reason why he has been smiling widely these few days.   Finally, Kris saw her heading in their direction. His face lit up with a small smile. Kris just looks at her for a moment, watching her walk down the small slope. "Jiyeonnie”, he said, slightly grinning. It was his little pet name for her, which never fails to amuse Jiyeon herself. She was so shy when he first met her, Kris was a few years older and she barely whispered her name to him when they introduced themselves. "Look what I've got”, Kris joke, lifting up a pigeon that had a broken wing. Jiyeon shrieked as she clung to L. L was startled at first and then looked ahead as he saw what Kris was holding in his hands. “You’re scared of birds?” “No”, she lied as she detached herself after realizing where she was clinging onto. Kris raised his eyebrow at the both of them. “Oppa, if you don’t get that thing away from me, I’m never going to talk to you”, Jiyeon pointed her finger at Kris as she stayed close to L and hid behind his back. “Come on Jiyeon, it’s just a bird, what is there to be afraid of?”, L reasoned out as he turned his face to his right side and see her from his peripheral view. Jiyeon sighed. "I really hate things that can fly. Because when they fly high up above, I can’
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter