CHAPTER 5 - Leah's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

The first few days in Seoul flew by in a blur. Partially because I was still adjusting to the new time zone. Jet Lagged, I was getting up around 3-4am in the morning, and by the afternoon 1-2pm, I was ready to lay down and pass out. But since I had work, I pretty much didn’t have a choice but keep pouring myself coffee hoping it will do some sort of awakening spell .. But usually it didn’t help. All it would do was push my body into confusion. I would be exhausted but was incapable of yawning, since the caffeine was tricking my body to believe otherwise. Trust me. It’s the worst feeling ever!

 

The first few days at work consisted of meeting all employees at the Seoul branch office. Also visiting the flagship store located in the Gangnam district. Everyone was very welcoming and really prepared themselves for my arrival. And as Richard advised, they were all fluent in English, so communicating with everyone wasn’t a challenge at all.

 

Other than meeting fellow employees and trying my best to remember all their names. I was briefed on upcoming projects which we’ve been planning to do in the Asia district. This included Korea, Japan, & Hong Kong. Which did surprise me slightly, as I thought my responsibility was solely on the Korea branch. But seems like Richard & Laurie had a lot more planned, and a lot more was being put on my plate. So you can imagine the pressure building up inside of me especially when my state of mind isn’t at it’s 100% capability!

 

Out of everyone at work, there was one employee which I got along with really well. This girl named Kim. Who was actually from LA and moved to Korea after she graduated from college. Her family was still back in the US like me. So she was very understanding of my situation and we very quickly became acquainted, talking about how much we both missed LA, especially right now in this chilling winter.

 

Besides work, I pretty much went straight back to the apartment and rested. The only thing exciting about my after work hours, were my daily trip to the local convenient store. Which currently was my source for food because with my schedule, when I wake up from my jet lag nap, it would be too late to go anywhere else.  The 24hr convenient store was my only option that didn’t involve me walking in the piercing wind for too long. Tonight, once again, I woke up in the middle of the night. I stretched to grab my iphone from the nightstand and pressed the home button. Screen then lit up with the time 4:12am flashing on it. “Well it’s at least better than last night’s 3 am …” I sighed to myself and then I heard my stomach growled with hunger, “Guess I’m heading to the convenient store once again …”

 

I reached for the nearest set of clothes I had out, as it was middle of the night I honestly couldn’t care less what I wore. It was a set of Chrome hearts hoodie and matching sweats that I had left out the other day. “Perfect!” I thought. And since it was freezing outside I pulled my Burberry leather jacket off the back of my dining table chairs and swing on a black snapback as well to cover my messy just woken up hair. All in the purpose to keep myself as warm as possible. I’d honestly do anything to avoid any contact with that evil wind I hear whistling outside right now!

 

Once I was wrapped up nice and warm, I grabbed my wallet, keys, & Iphone, slipped on my pair of Isabel Marant sneakers, and headed out the door to begin my routine journey to the local convenient store.The streets were as usual quiet with only the winter wind blowing. Every now and then a car passes by, but pretty much there’s not too many pedestrians at this hour. Sometimes I wonder if it wasn’t too safe for me to walk out like this. But when hunger calls I respond~! Can’t help it!

 

As I walked down towards the store on my usual route, right when I pass by this side alley, I heard a faint cry .. “Meow ~~”

 

I turned to look and see that there were two cats in the alley, they huddle together for warmth but seemed to be looking my way as if they were waiting for me. I couldn’t help but walked a little closer, and I saw that there was some boxes set up behind them. Almost like a temporary shelter someone built for them purposely. On the side was two bowls, one was empty but the other had some leftover water in it. While I moved closer, the cats seemed nonchalant about me approaching them. In fact one came up right by me while rubbing it’s body against the wall which tells me this was a friendly kitty.

 

“Meow ~~” it croaked at me again.

 

This made me assumed it was probably hungry. Seems like whoever that was feeding them either already came and they finished all the food. Or that person has yet to come by and refill the servings for today.

 

“Don’t move ok? I’ll go get some water and food for you guys!” I whispered and smiled hoping my presence won’t alarm the other cat that was still huddled by the boxes.

 

I turned and speed walked towards the convenient store. As I entered the entrance bell went off and the convenient store staff, a young man who has always been working the night shifts, smiled at me and said “annyeonghaseyo!”

 

I nodded back with a smile and took a basket from the door. I first grabbed a  large bottle of water, then randomly picked a lunchbox that was in the freezer section for myself and quickly made my way over to the ale where the cat food was stocked. I picked two mini cans of tuna flavored canned food and headed towards the check out. I wanted to rush back cause I was worried the cats might be gone if I took too lo

Please log in to read the full chapter