CHAPTER 16 - GD's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been 3 days since I took Leah to meet with YG. Since then, as planned, YG released back to back press statements to settle the stir caused by the pictures. One explaining why Leah and I were together on that night and that the pictures were just taken at a angle by the paparazzi to purposely suggest the image of me kissing her. Second statement announced YG's artists, not only myself but also including Taeyoung and the 2NE1 girls, we're all collaborating with Chrome Hearts to promote their new store opening. YG's plan, although not flawless, did it's job and diverted the attention away from the blurry paparazzi images of Leah and I. Soon after everyone was buzzing about the upcoming collaboration and the media was more eager to find out the details about the upcoming events than dwelling on the kiss. Of course YG probably paid off the paparazzi who actually took the picture to stay quiet and not cause additional drama. Or else all this wouldn't have worked.

But that was as much of an interaction i've had with Leah. From that day on she and  I have kept our contact to the minimal. Actually more like she was avoiding my attempt to stay in touch with her. Every time I called it would either go straight to voicemail, or on the rare occasion she does pick up she would say she's busy. At this point I want to kick myself for pulling that kiss on her ... Now she's retrieving from even being friends with me! Although she never directly said anything but her signals were screaming rejection ... I'm officially mortified.

"Maybe I should just go knock on her door ..." I muttered to myself.

Just when I was about to get up and actually take my thoughts into physical actions my phone vibrated. It buzzed away on my coffee table. I walked over to see who was calling and saw the name "Kiko" flash across my home screen. Just when you think things can't get more dramatic .. I sighed and picked up the call, expecting the worst.

"Hello?" Came Kiko's hesitant voice.

"Hi .. How are you?" I asked helplessly.

"I'm alright ... I ... I just wanted to call you and apologize for last time we talked .."

"Don't worry about it." I brushed it off. Honestly, that call was the last thing in my mind right now. But of course I couldn't tell her that.

"So ... Is it true?" She asked the question that she actually called me for.

Playing it dumb I toyed with my answer: "True about what?"

"Jiyong ... You know what I'm talking about ... That girl ... Leah ... The pictures..."

"Kiko ..." I sighed. "You know how the paparazzi can play with these things ... I stand by the press statements that was made ... Leah and I are just friends."

As much as I wanted to be more than friends with Leah, I promised I will keep things in check to YG. At least for 3 months until we revisit the topic when our three months agreement time is up. So no matter who's asking I'm going to give them the same answer.

"I see .." Came Kiko's reply.

"Is that all you called me for?" I asked. Slightly irritated that I had to explain myself to her.

"N-no ..." She stuttered. Probably sensing my annoyed tone of voice. "Actually I called cause I also wanted to let you know I'll be in town for a few days cause I'm doing a shoot for a magazine next week."

"Oh fun!" I tried to sound enthusiastic. I felt bad about how things played out between me and her. I do still want to be friends with her.

"Would you want to meet up when I'm in town?" She asked hopefully.

"Um sure ..." I was never good at rejecting a girl's request. "Hit me up when you're in town and if I'm not backed up with work we can work something out."

"Ok!" Kiko chimed. "Well I'll talk to you soon then!"

"Aight."  

"Ok bye!"

Please log in to read the full chapter