CHAPTER 3 - Leah's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ladies and Gentleman, please straighten the back of your seats and fasten your seatbelts. We are preparing for landing. Local date is January 28th. Current local time is 8:00am. Ground tempurature is at -4.4 °C …”

 

I shivered as I heard the announcement.

 

“-4.4 °C?? How is that even humane???” I thought to myself.

 

Growing up in LA I was spoiled by warm sunny weather all year around, so this vicious winter weather I’m going to encounter is definitely going to be a challenge. I would be now living in a city where on average winters are always pretty much below 0. Sighing I adjusted my seat and checked my seatbelt to prepare for landing …

 

As the plane descended down to my new home - Seoul, I looked out the window and watched as the tiny structures enlarged. I can’t help but think that the city looks so unfamiliar. I don’t know any place here, don’t know anyone here .. I’m pretty much all by myself at this foreign country ... I I could feel a slight knot in my stomach forming from the anxiety I’m giving myself. Shaking my head to stop myself from feeling extremely homesick again …

 

“Heck I’m here! Might as well it up and make the best of it!” I reminded myself.

 

The landing was smooth, and the plane glided to a stop where we were allowed up from our seats to grab our carry ons from the overhead cabins. I pulled out the pre prepared cellphone my company provided and switched it on waiting for the signal sign to show reception. Immediately the screen blinked with a new message. Sliding the home screen to unlock I saw a message that read: “Please exit to gate A and the car will be waiting for you Ms. Lee.”

 

It didn’t take long for my 3 large suitcases to come out. After placing them on the trolley with the help of a nice gentleman standing by, I pushed along the cart towards Gate A. As I approached I saw a man in a black suit holding up a sign with my name on it. I walked over and smiled: “Hi. I’m Leah.”

 

He bowed his head and responded: “Please follow me Ms. Lee. and let me help you with your trolley.”

 

“Thank you...” I directed my cart with all my belongings over to him, “& How may I refer to you Mr …”

 

“Kong.”

 

“Thank you. Mr. Kong”

 

I followed closely behind Mr. Kong out the building towards the parking lot I can immediately feel the cold air piercing through my lungs .. This is definitely something I will need to get use to ...

 

The traffic was not too bad but the drive still took almost one and half hour.After a long ride we finally arrived in front of an

Please log in to read the full chapter