CHAPTER 19 - LEAH's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leah's POV

"Is that Kiko?" I asked as I looked over at Jiyong sitting in the driver seat.

Jiyong's mouth was hanging open in shock. When he heard my question, without looking away from the standing figure he cleared his throat: "yes. That's Kiko ..."

"What is sh-"

Before I could finish my question as to what is she doing here, Jiyong put the car into park and opened his door. He unloaded himself out of the car and I watched him walk over to Kiko. Jiyong left the door open so I can faintly make out what they were saying to each other ...

"What are you doing here?" Jiyong asked.

"I wanted to see you ..." Kiko replied. "Sorry i didn't think you would be coming home with her ..."

"That's beside the point!" Jiyong frowned. "You know you can't just show up outside of my apartment building like this. The paparazzi will have a feast if they see us!"

"I know ... Sorry Ji ..."

Oh. So she called him Ji.

"Aish ..." Jiyong sighed. "Let's get inside first then talk. I really can't risk the paparazzi taking a picture of us ..."

With that Jiyong walked back towards the car and Kiko followed. I stared at them wide eyed not knowing how to respond. This is probably the most awkward situation a girl can put herself in. The guy I just decided to date gets a visit from his rumored exgirlfriend. What a brilliant turn of events!

Jiyong being the gentleman, opened the car door for Kiko. She climbed into the back seat while Jiyong closed the door behind her. Then Jiyong returned to the driver seat and once inside he looked over at me apologetically before making the introduction: "Leah this is Kiko. Kiko, Leah."

Understand that Jiyong probably felt as awkward as I did. I didn't want to give him a hard time. So I turned to face Kiko and smiled: "nice to meet you."

Kiko, however, did not return the smile. Instead she looked at me blankly, before sizing me up and down as if to evaluate my worth then finally gave a faint: "nice to meet you too.."

I shrugged it off, I was above that. I don't like the bitter looks girls give each other and I will not be a part of it. I turned my attention back to the front. Jiyong, who had now put the car into drive again did not notice the look Kiko gave me. But he did turn on the stereo so the car was no longer just filled with silence. Then he proceeded inside the parking garage.

After Jiyong put the car in park, I didn't hesitate to let myself out of the emotionally congested interior. I fast paced myself to the elevator without looking back.

"Leah! Wait!" Came Jiyong's voice calling after me.

I sighed and turned around. Putting on my best "I'm ok" smile, I answered: "yes?"

He ran over, leaving Kiko by his car. She was still smart enough to understand to stay back by the car and not approached me with Jiyong.

When Jiyong was close enough he whispered: "I'm so sorry .."

"For what?" I asked knowingly.

"Please don't take this the wrong way ..." Jiyong sighed. " I honestly had no idea she was going to show up at our building .... I only knew she was in town for work but I told her I couldn't meet up with her cause I had wor-"

"Oh so I'm work?" I asked back as I crossed my arms. Honestly i wasn't mad about this whole situation up until now. Once again Jiyong failed to tell the truth. Even though I've specifically told him that I don't like being lied to. Then I realized, that call he got earlier, it wasn't from YG, it was from Kiko!

"She was the one who called you earlier ..." I thought out loud as I looked at Jiyong in disbelief. Why did he think it was necessary to lie to me? Something so minimal. If he had told me the truth did he think I would turn into an immature jealous girlfriend? I thought he should know better that I am in no way an immature love struck girl.

Jiyong fumbled with his words as he tried his best to explain his himself. But I no longer had the patience to listen to any of it. So before he could say anything further I instructed him with caution: "I don't like being lied to. You know that. And the worst of all it was over something so unnecessary. At this point, I'm exhausted from the long day of work. So you go handle her. And I'm going back up to my apartment."

Before Jiyong could utter another word I my heels and marched towards the elevator. To my relief the elevator doors opened immediately when I pressed the call button. Without looking back I stepped inside and allowed the door to close.

*************

The next morning I was woken up by my phone blowing up with text messages. I knew right away who it was from. But today was my day off after the hectic shoot yesterday with him. I don't know if I wanted to even bother myself with this stupid situation he put us into. But my curiosity got the best of me. Sighing I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and started to read the texts he's been sending through since am hours.

"I'm sorry. You still awake?"

Please log in to read the full chapter