.002

War

 

The chimes of the small cafe rang, harmonizing with the melodious voice that filled the room.

Eunji sat on a stool as she sang with passion, which was the reason why customers admired her.

Her eyes wondered to the door and saw her best friend standing there, with a proud smile.

"He's late."

Hoya gave the girl a thumbs up before quietly making his way over to the counter.

"A mocha, please," he whispered to the barista while handing the exact amount of cash.

He thanked her before turning back to watch Eunji's performance.
 

She ended the song with a flawless high note.

"Thank you, I hope you enjoyed my performance, I will be here again on Tuesday!"

Bowing a full ninety degrees, Eunji rushed off the stage to Hoya.

"Hey! How was it? Was it okay? I messed up a few times!" the younger girl stammered.

Messily, she ruffled her bangs, causing Hoya to chuckle.

"You were great! Sorry I couldn't come on time!" he rubbed the nape of his neck guiltily.

"After dismissing the dance class, I had to get through a crowd earlier. I'm guessing some girl got in an accident, since there was an ambulance."

He fixed her bangs that hung above her eyes, and poked her pout afterwards.

"You still act like that same little girl from when we were kids; whiny," he joked.
 

"Um, sir, here is your mocha," the barista muttered.

Barely hearing the girl, Hoya turned and thanked her again, grabbing his drink carefully.

He took a sip and let out a sigh of content, "Man, her coffee is always the best!"

Eunji let out a short laugh, "Hey, Naeun, you should go out with us! We're going to go catch a movie."

The barista's eyes widened slightly before going back to their uninterested state.

"No, thank you."

Just like that, Naeun walked away to the back.
 

"Is she okay?" Hoya asked with concern, watching the petite girl walk away.

"She always rejects my invites," Eunji shrugged with pursed lips, "must be busy."

The both of them began to walk towards the door, changing the subject completely.

Hoya grabbed onto the handle, holding the door open for the other.
 

The sound of the chimes signalled Naeun that the two were gone.

A sigh escaped as she quietly packed her things.

 

"I can't risk them finding out."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: This chapter is a bit short, sorry for that! But chapter three will be longer!