.007

War

Myungsoo leisurely walked into a small shop, smiling widely at the interior designing of it.

With light steps, he went through the back and began to climb up the stairs that led to a door.

Placing his coffee down, he dug for his keys and unlocked the door.

Walking in with both drinks, he froze when the sound of glass shattering rung in his ears.

Immediately, the boy rushed to the source before calling out for the one person on his mind, "Bo?"

He could hear her whimper and followed the sounds, "Bomi?"

Cautiously, Myungsoo slowly entered the kitchen.
 

He let out a sigh of relief to see it was only Bomi, and just Bomi, in the kitchen.

"Bo, what happened?" he asked, placing the drinks on the counter, before noticing how she clutched onto her side.

Without hesitation, he grabbed the younger girl's hand, led her around the mess and to her room.

"I'm sorry, I was making food and it started to hurt and--"

"No, it's okay. You should rest, I'll clean up and will bring your food. I bought you green tea too. Relax. Don't worry about it, alright?" he grinned, ruffling her hair messily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slamming the door, Woohyun stomped into his apartment, plopping onto his futon.

He bent over, burying his head in his hands, shaking with anger.

He wasn't upset with Sunggyu, he just became frustrated from thinking about his past.

The past that haunted him.
 

"Miss, none of the kids will play with me," a little ten year old boy pouted.

The elder woman patted his head while smiling gently, "Don't worry, sweetie, you're new to the house, they'll get used to you."

"Miss, who are my mommy and daddy? Why did they leave me in all these houses for so long? Do they not love me?"

The question caught the woman off guard, but she faked a smile, "They love you, dear. They just.. um.. didn't think they could take care of you, but I'm here to find you good ones, mm?"
 

He clutched onto his head harder the more he thought about it, the more it yanked on his heart.
 

"Woohyun, these people would like to adopt you. They're going to be your new mommy and daddy," the little old woman announced to the boy who sat alone in a corner.

"Hello, Woohyun. Would you like to come with us?" a middle aged man asked, holding out his hand.

The man's wife smiled brightly at him, making him feel loved and less alone.

He reached his hand out and grabbed a hold of the man's hand.

They seemed so kind and loving, that was until... they got into the car.
 

"Do you have other kids for me to play with?" Woohyun questioned.

The woman turned and squinted at him, "There are other kids, but you won't be playing, you'll be studying."

The boy paused and tilted his head, "I don't understand."

"Listen, kid, you keep your mouth shut and you'll understand soon," the man coldly spat as he drove.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of them sat on Bomi's bed and dug into the leftovers.

"So you're going to use the shop downstairs?" the girl asked, taking a sip of her green tea afterwards.

"Yeah, going to start giving guitar lessons," Myungsoo answered, nodding with pursed lips.

Bomi placed her drink down and clapped her hands happily, "That's great! You've always loved playing the guitar."

"My first student will be coming tomorrow at noon, so try to find something to do, yeah?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Myungpoo, why are you wearing all black? It'll make you look mean to the student, in a chic way though, haha. Like the black swan~"

"Please go away now," he commanded while stomping his feet angrily, like a child having a tantrum, after having to endure the girl for the past thirty minutes.

"Ahem, excuse me?" a feminine voice called out.

Myungsoo stayed in place, completely frozen, with his back facing the stranger.

He glared at Bomi when he spotted her holding in her laughter as she slyly snuck to the stairway.
 

He stood tall and dusted his clothes before turning around, "Hello, you must be Son Naeun. My name is Kim Myungsoo and I will be your guitar instructor," he greeted politely.

Naeun paused when she saw the man's face, "It's the guy from yesterday. Does he not remember me?"

"Oh, yes, it's nice to meet you," she bowed.

Myungsoo smiled slightly, "I see that you brought your own guitar. Go ahead and pull it out, you can have seat on one of the stools over there."

He scurried off to the closet on the side, scanning through his selection of guitars.
 

"Myungsoo-ah!" a voice barked loudly.

The boy quickly turned around to see Chorong standing at the door, and heaved out a sigh.

"You're disrupting my class right now," he coldly blurted.

She let out a hearty laugh, "Okay, whatever. Where's Bbom? She told me to come here last night."

Myungsoo brought his hands to his face and rubbed it vigorously out of frustration, before pointing to the back stairway.

The older girl grinned as she waltzed towards the direction he pointed.

"Oh, hi," she greeted to the girl sitting silently on the stool, and ran up the stairs.
 

The young man rubbed the nape of his neck as he returned with his guitar, "I'm so sorry about that."

Naeun only nodded and insisted on immediately starting class.

"Tch. How many girls does this guy know?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorong peeked her head into the room, seeing no sign of Bomi anywhere.

Slowly, she stepped inside, observing the clean modern interior of the home.

"Bbom? You here?" she hollered.

"I'm over here!" a voice screeched loudly.

She followed the direction of the voice, and found her friend hovering over her laptop on her bed.

Throwing her bag on the floor, Chorong plopped down next to the other girl, "So what's up?"

Bomi shut her netbook and looked at the older girl seriously, "I feel you deserve the explanation now."
 

"You and Myungsoo were trained killers in a group called 'The Ghosts', but ran away a few months ago. And now, they are after you two," the auburn haired girl rambled.

Bomi stared at her dumbfoundedly, "What the heck, man?"

Chorong shrugged, "Myungsoo told me when you were knocked out."

The younger girl looked at her, utterly bewildered, "Myungsoo told you? That's strange."

Hearing that made the older girl tilt her head as curiosity filled her mind, "Why is that?"

"I'm guessing he didn't tell you the whole story. He usually doesn't like talking about what happened."
 

"There was a system we went by in 'The Ghosts'. The top five ranked, out of all 'Ghosts', were captains of their very own squads. Only five."

Chorong nodded slowly before asking, "What were your rankings?"

Bomi fiddled with her fingers as she continued, "I was ranked number one, Myungsoo was ranked fourth.

Three of the original five escaped, including Myungsoo and I, so they've probably changed the rankings."

"Y-You were number one? W-Wow. Ahem, I mean, I see. Who were the others...?"

"I was number one. I can't remember who the second was, but he was one of the first trainees ever and was the first person to successfully run away.

Third was a boy named Jang Dongwoo. He was a nice guy, I really don't know why he's still there. Anyways, fourth was Myung. And fifth..."

The sudden silence had the older girl worried, she placed her hand on the other's shoulder, "Bbom?"

Bomi shook out of her daze and cleared ,
 

"Fifth, his name was Lee Sungyeol."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry if this chapter was confusing! It'll make more sense the next chapter!