.004

War

Sunggyu and Woohyun were now working behind the cash registers next to each other.

"So is she okay?" the older male asked curiously.

"I don't know, when I left, she was still sleeping. I'm going to go back tomorrow," the other explained.

 

As Woohyun checked out an ahjumma's groceries, Sunggyu began to move frantically after checking his watch.

"Hey, my shift just ended, and I gotta do something. See you tomorrow, alright?" he reported while scrambling out the doors.

Woohyun stared blankly towards the direction of the door, "Um, okay..?" He turned back to the little old lady and smiled sweetly, "That will be 46,000 won, ma'am."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But if she stays here, she'll be safe!" Chorong barked.

Myungsoo dug his nails into his scalp out of frustration, "OH, MY GOD! JUST LET ME TAKE HER HOME!"

Due to the ruckus, Bomi's eyes opened for a split second before shutting again.

The two glared at each other before Chorong trembled with anger, "I will not let someone take her away from me again."

Upon hearing her frail voice, he took a step back and hung his head.

"I understand, but that's why I need to bring her home, so I can protect her and keep her safe. If she stays here, she'll be taken and possibly killed. I can't let that happen, I-I just can't."

Just by the thought of it, he fiddled with his fingers out of anxiety, "I c-can't. She's all I got now."

 

Letting out a heavy sigh, Chorong nodded slightly, "Take her."

The boy raised his head and looked her in the eyes sincerely, while mouthing his thanks.

While waiting for the other to come back with a wheelchair, he slowly walked over to the bed and looked down at his dongsaeng, "I'll keep you safe."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me!" Sunggyu shouted as he spotted a passing nurse after entering the hospital doors.

The nurse slowed her pace for him to catch up, "Yes? How can I help you?"

He was so engulfed by the woman's beauty that he lost his train of thought.

"Um, sir..?" the nurse blurted, raising a brow at the strange man.

"Oh! I'm here to see my little sister, she's a patient here," he admitted while scratching the back of his head.

"I see, what's her name?" the dainty woman asked while going behind the large desk.

Sunggyu leaned on the surface of the counter, peeking to see the computer, "Kim Namjoo."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"After the next customer, I finally get to go home," Woohyun thought, swaying side-to-side happily.

"Yah, why did I have to put back the cookies?" a feminine voice whined.

Woohyun looked around and spotted a boy and a girl walking towards his register.

"Is it your money that's paying for this?" the guy remarked, silencing the girl, "I thought so. And we're just seeing a movie anyways, there's no need for so much food."

 

The two came to a halt in front of Woohyun, both giving bright smiles.

"Hey, what's up, man?" Hoya greeted while placing a basket of snacks next to the scanner.

"Hey," he simply replied, calmly scanning the merchandises.

Eunji gazed at the treats as they were being placed into the plastic bag, "I can't wait to eat them!"

Both boys chuckled lightly at her excitement, before going back to their business.

 

Hoya studied the cashier carefully, "Not to sound weird or anything, but I feel like I've seen you before..."

Woohyun froze and looked up at the other boy.

 

"I'm sorry, I don't recall seeing you."