.009

War

 

"Target one, spotted?" a male's voice asked over the static. His head turned side-to-side, looking for the subject.

"Yes, exiting 'Starry Night Cafe', wearing a beige sweater," another boy replied.

Upon hearing the descriptive, he finally laid his eyes on Bomi.

"Ah, spotted," he slowly emerged from the shadows with a piercing stare as he watched the girl.

"Hey, what are you doing? Stand by," a low voice commanded sternly through the earpiece.

His footsteps were silent as he approached her.

"Sungyeol, I said 'stand by'!" Dongwoo hissed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

He ran with all his might, to where it felt like his heart would burst.

"Yoon Bomi, please be okay."

His eyes frantically scanned all the faces along the way. None of them he could recognized, much to his distress.

The chimes rung as he barged into the cafe, causing all eyes to be on him.

Completely breathless, he stumbled to the counter after spotting Naeun.

"Where is she?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji stared at the man, bewildered by the fact that he interrupted her performance.

Her eyes searched for Hoya, to silently ask for his guidance.

After finally finding him, Hoya shooed his hands, signalling for her to continue singing.

"Ah, sorry for the inconvenience, I will start a new song to make it up to you all," she apologized professionally with a bright smile.

As she sang, she eyed the man speaking to the barista, suspicious of his behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean? She didn't come home?" the younger girl questioned.

Myungsoo ruffled his hair with frustration before slamming his hands on the counter, "No, and I'm so worried that I might go crazy."

Naeun rubbed her arms shakily,  "Well, she left half an hour ago and went the way we came from," she explained, pointing her slim index finger to the right.

"I just came from that way, but didn't see any signs of her."

 

He let out a groan before gently squeezing the girl's arm to thank her, only to have her yelp quietly.

Immediately, he released his hold and looked at her with concern, "Are you okay?"

She stayed silent and continued to rub her arm, "I-I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked before extending his hand and caressing her arm gently, "Sorry if I hurt you, that's all I ever seem to do to people."

Naeun tilted her head, gazing at the boy with curiosity. She cleared as she came back to reality, "I'm completely fine, don't worry."

He nodded a couple of times with a soft smile, "Well, thanks for the help, see you soon."

 

As he was about to turn, the girl grabbed onto his shoulder and blurted, "Don't be too hard on yourself, Myungsoo-ssi."

His eyes looked at hers intently, "I'm sorry to say this, but I know there's something bothering you too; something hurting you.

You think it about a lot, right? So you should know, it's difficult not to be hard on yourself."

The tall male his heel and walked out of the cafe.

He began to jog right when his foot set on the sidewalk, beginning his search for Bomi once again.

Naeun watched him pass the cafe windows, letting out a shaky breath, "He's right."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A singe of pain spread throughout his cheek as his face was slammed onto a brick wall.

Bomi held his arms from behind firmly, with Chorong watching with fear evident in her eyes.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" the girl barked, "I know you're much smarter than to randomly attack someone. Doing that will get you killed!"

Sungyeol furrowed his brows as he tried to shake out of her grip, "Why does it matter to you if I get killed? You and Myungsoo left me! You guys don't care, so stop acting like you do!"
 

Bomi's eyes widen before she pushed his head harder to the wall.

"That's not true," she whispered hoarsely, "Do you not see what they're making you do? You're doing all their dirty work, they don't care if you die.

How can you not realize that after Moonsoo's death? And Yookyung's?"

Hearing her name made him heat up with anger, he kicked his foot off the wall, slamming the girl into the building across from it.

Chorong gasped at the scene, "Stop it!" She tried to push the boy off of her friend, but he wouldn't budge, "Don't make me use my hapkido on you!"

"How do you know about that?" Sungyeol growled.

Bomi squirmed under his weight, "Just because I'm not with you guys anymore, doesn't mean I don't know what happens there.

Sungyeol, she died while doing what those people told her to. Did they do anything about it? No. They killed your god damn girlfriend, how can you not realize that?!"

He felt tears well up along the rim of his eyes, "Shut up."

"What if Daeyeol was next?" the girl choked out, "I lost my sister and brother, but was too heartless to care, and Myungsoo lost Moonsoo. What if Daeyeol was next?"
 

Chorong took a step back before executing a low kick to Sungyeol's stomach, causing him to clutch onto it.

Bomi pushed him off, but came to a halt.

She sensed something; someone.

Turning her head, she spotted a slim boy charging towards them.

Grabbing the older girl's wrist, the two began to run further into the alley.

"Bbom, who's that?" Chorong shouted from behind as they turned a corner.

"Lee Sungjong, part of Dongwoo's squad. If he's here, his whole squad should be too. Same goes to Sungyeol's."

"Bomi unnie," a frail voice called out from a few feet away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun waltzed down the empty street, he knew it fairly well.

He stared at the sidewalk intently as he walked.

"Here it is," he froze when he saw it, and squatted to get a closer look.

There were the blood stains of the girl, he remembered everything.
 

"Ah, I'm going to be late!" the boy screeched, "Thank goodness that there's no people on this street. It's such a pain getting around them."

Suddenly, he heard a hushed voice say something, causing him to come to a halt. He quietly began to follow the direction it came from.

Turning a corner, he saw a body curled up on the ground. His eyes widen before rushing to the person's aid.

"Miss, are you okay?!" He turned her over to see a pool of blood, "Oh, god.."

Frantically, he pulled out his phone, dialling for paramedics, "I found a person and they're hurt, come quickly, please!"
 

As they waited for the ambulance, Woohyun rocked her back and forth in his arms.

"Come on, stay with me. You're strong," he encouraged, "You're a soldier."

Her skin was pale and her eyes seemed to stay open with difficulty.

Her voice cracked as she whispered her thanks to him.

He looked at her tenderly, "You're going to be okay, I promise."

 

Something about this person clicked in his mind, he couldn't put his finger on it, but she seemed too familiar.

Shaking away the thought, he continued to comfort her until the ambulance arrived.

People somehow found their way onto the empty street, crowding around the vehicle to see what happened.

While being placed on the gurney, the girl clutched onto Woohyun's hand, "Don't leave me alone... Please."

He stared at her in shock before nodding slowly.
 

A sigh escaped as he slowly rose up, "Why do I feel that I've seen you somewhere..?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bomi stared at the light auburn haired girl, but not letting her guard down.

Not sensing the tension at all, Chorong slumped her shoulders, pointing to the stranger, "Who is this now?!"

"Oh Hayoung, ex-member of Yoon Bomi's squad, now part of Lee Sungyeol's," the girl answered instead.

"Hayoungie, don't do this," Bomi warned, "I don't want to do this."

Hayoung smirked slightly, "Well, I do."

She ran towards the two with much speed, only to be slammed down to the ground by Bomi.

Bomi straddled her and stared into her eyes fiercely. It was a look she had never seen from the older girl, causing fear to run through her body.

"I told you, I don't want to do this," Bomi snapped, "Chorong, check if she has any weapons."

Hesitantly, the older girl began to pat her down, pulling knifes and daggers out from underneath her clothing.
 

Soon enough, the others arrived at the scene. Dongwoo rammed Bomi off of Hayoung, while Sungjong and Daeyeol grabbed a hold of Chorong.

The girl stared at Daeyeol, squinting her eyes at him, "Oh, my god. How many are there? Who are you?!"

Bomi kicked a dagger into the air, catching it effortlessly. She flipped her and Dongwoo over, holding the piece of metal to his neck.

Her eyes looked at all of theirs sternly, "I don't want to hurt any of you, but I will if I have to!"

Sungyeol finally entered, immediately going after the girl. He grabbed her wrists, as Hayoung took the dagger.

Dongwoo stood up and dusted his clothes, "Now, we can get to business."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu stepped into his apartment, kicking his shoes off. He paused, something was off, his intuition told him so.

Slowly, he entered his living room, and was greeted by a figure sitting on his couch in the dark.

He felt his heart beat pound faster and louder.

Finally finding his voice, Sunggyu regained his posture and grunted,

 

"How did you find me?"