.015

War

 

The two just sat there, not uttering a single word. They let the sounds of their surroundings replace the silence between them.

Soon enough, the female sighed, rubbing the young man's forearm while smiling gently, "You okay?"

Sunggyu stared at the ground and nodded briefly, keeping quiet.

"I'll get off work early, alright? You need to get some rest," Chorong announced in a hushed voice.

He looked up at her with guilty eyes, but didn't go against her words.


While waiting for her return, he studied everyone in the room, as a way to kill time.

All of a sudden, one particular face caused him to jump out of his seat.

The man rushed to Chorong in a hasty fashion, "Chorong, Chorong, Chorong--"

"What is it?" she asked with concern laced in her expression.

"Sungjong, the Ghost agent, on your right," he coughed out with secrecy.

Chorong in her lips as she glanced to the side, spotting the boy immediately.

Without hesitation, Sunggyu grabbed her wrist, "We have to leave now."


They snuck towards the door on the opposite wing from where Sungjong stood, going unnoticed.

"No sign of the targets here, I've checked the whole perimeter," he murmured, pushing onto his earpiece.

"Copy that. Head on back to HQ."


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Bomi froze, putting on an awkward smile, "Oh, hi..."

The male stepped towards her slowly, making Woohyun anxious to who he was, "You don't remember me?"

Suddenly, it came to him, "Isn't that the guy from---"

"I do, isn't it Hoya...?" the girl replied with a quirky expression.

A wide smile spread across his face from the two syllables, "Ah, you do remember! So what are you doing here at the park?"

She glanced to the side before returning her gaze to him, "Just taking a stroll; to clear my mind."

"Same here," he chuckled, shoving his hands into his pockets, "Shall we walk together?"

"I guess that would be fine."


Woohyun watched the two attentively, not sure if he should stay out of the way or interrupt.

"What business does this guy have with Bomi?"

His brows furrowed as he kept his eyes glued to them, clenching his jaw tightly.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Where's your squad leader?" Yonggun screeched as he charged towards a young man.

The boy's eyes widen, while he stuttered frantically, "I-I-I..."

"Useless," he scowled, stomping away.



Sungyeol placed his hand on the nervous boy's shoulder, "What was he ing about this time, D.O.?"

"H-He was looking for Eunji," Kyungsoo mumbled, rubbing his arm.

The taller boy grinned as he glanced around the room, "I bet he bugs her a lot, because he wishes she would be as good as Bomi."

"What?" Eunji hollered as she approached the two.

She stared up at the boy, who towered her, momentarily before growling, "What did you say?"

Sungyeol only smirked and pushed the girl aside, "Oh, don't get so heated. Now, run along to Yonggun~"

The girl raised her fist, ready to strike, but was interrupted.

 

A voice boomed through the room over the intercom along with a screeching siren.

"Runners spotted, runners spotted. Two males and one female, located at sector B's gate. Runners spotted."

Sungyeol and Eunji looked towards the exit in horror as all the agents began to hurry out.

"Lets get them! Kill them if you have to!"

"Grab your weapons!"

 

"No, it's impossible, it's impossible...."

Eunji turned to the boy with a raised brow then softened her expression, "Sungyeol? Hey. It's okay."

He couldn't hear her, for his breathing became more rapid and he muttered to himself incoherently.

Suddenly, he his gaze changed as he pulled a knife from the hoister around his leg, "They're all traitors."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

Myungsoo laid out all the blueprints from the day before, looking over them carefully.

His brows knitted together as he fixed small errors.

Naeun was now awake, and watched him work quietly.

"What's that?" she inquired, pointing to the side of the blueprint.

"Hm?" he glanced up, "Oh, that's part of sector B, it's a field used to train and such."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
 

"Run faster, dongsaeng!" the young woman hissed to a boy a few feet away.

"I'm trying, noona, I am!" he whispered back.

Whilst the bickering of the siblings, a lean man lead the way.

His hands clutched onto a small device, which he clicked every now and then, shutting off cameras and opening fences.

Finally, the three reached the exit, and was greeted by a large field of grass.

"We just gotta get through here, and we're out," the man stated with a straight face.

 

Footsteps became louder from where they came from, causing the younger boy to become anxious.

"Noona, they're going to catch us! What if they k-kill us?" he choked out.

Her glare drilled holes into her little brother's face, "Sanduel-ah, we're not going to die. We'll make it. Right?"

The girl's gaze shifted to the other male, who was still looking out at the distance.

Without answering her question, he blurted, "Lets go."

They all ran with all their might, to where they were already halfway through the field.

 

Suddenly, the man's earpiece rang, "Dongwoo, where are you? We have runners! If you're sleeping, I swear!"

Dongwoo turned to the female, who had also received a call and looked at him with worried eyes.

From afar, agents slowly gathered at the exit that the three previously stood at.

One held a shotgun and began to take aim, then click.

 

"No!"


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating for like.. 2 months? I'm so sorry, I've been busy handling some business.
Anyways, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!