.010

War

 

"Hm, where should we start?" Dongwoo mused.

Hayoung grinned as she began to waltz over to where Chorong was, "We should cut up this pretty unnie before finishing off that ."

The oldest boy shook his finger as a chuckle escaped, "Hayoung-ah, watch your language."

Bomi slowly felt herself boiling inside, her eyes moved rapidly as she took in her surroundings.

Hayoung grazed Chorong's neck with the dagger, laughing softly as the girl bit her bottom lip shakily.
 

With all her strength, Bomi pulled her arms together, causing Sungyeol and Dongwoo to collide their heads into each other.

She swiftly hit Hayoung in certain areas, skillfully paralyzing her.

Daeyeol released Chorong, leaving her to Sungjong, as he started to throw punches at Bomi.

Trying to make the boy lose his guard, Chorong began to blabber, "So how was your day? You know, besides this crazy mess."

Sungjong squinted his eyes as his brows furrowed, "What?" he spat.

She smirked slightly before elbowing him and flipping him over.

When she looked up, the younger girl was standing over Daeyeol, who was on the ground and groaning.
 

Bomi looked her dead in the eye, "Lets go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

He strolled along the sidewalk, with his hands in his pockets.

The boy pursed his lips as he was deep in thought, deep in his past.
 

"Why can't you do anything right?" the man yelled furiously as he hit the boy with a long wooden stick.

Everyone in the house knew that the stick meant trouble.

The, now, fifteen year old boy shouted in agony, as the object made contact with his skin.

It felt more painful as it pulled away, reddening the area it struck.

"I'm sorry, I'll keep practicing," he mumbled.

The man only laughed whole-heartedly, "You think saying that will let things slide? Do you not know me at all after these 5 years?"

Slowly, the man raised the stick again, ready to strike the poor boy.

The boy shut his eyes tightly while clutching onto the hem of his shirt.
 

"Wait! What do you think you're doing, sir?!" a girl screeched as she ran in between the two.

"Little girl, move! He deserves it! And if you don't move, then I'll just have to do the same to you."

She didn't budge, this caused the boy to look at her in shock.

"So be it," the man shouted, raising the stick.

Right when he was about to make impact with the girl, she caught the stick and glared into his eyes, completely catching him off guard.

She yanked the stick out of his grip, and, with much strength, snapped it in half.

With her eyes still on the man's, she growled fiercly, "Stop."

 

The small girl grabbed the boy's wrist, and they ran, leaving everyone dumbfounded.

Carefully, she lead him to a small park and examined his wounds, "Aigoo..."

She looked at him tenderly with her doe-like eyes before whispering, "You're going to be okay, I promise."
 

Woohyun's eyes widen as he came to realization, "It was her..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quietly, Naeun packed her things, slinging her bag over her shoulders.

There was no one else there, besides herself.

Most of the customers left after Eunji did, including Hoya. The rest slowly faded away as time did.

It was just her, like it always has been.

She pushed the cafe's door open with little effort, and slid through the small opening.

After locking up, she began her walk to the place she hated most; home.

Home was supposedly the place you felt safe and secured, so she shouldn't be calling that place 'home' at all.

It was hell to her.
 

Her footsteps were almost silent, but could be heard only by her.

The closer she got to her destination, the slower her pace became.

It was almost like she was dragging herself there.

Without even needing to pull out her keys, she turned the doorknob, "Of course it would be unlocked."

She shut the door quietly after entering, hoping no one would know she had arrived.
 

"About time you were home," a deep voice mumbled, causing her to flinch.

The voice didn't scare her, the prescence, in general, did.

"I-I had to take another p-person's shift. I'm sorry, f-father," she stuttered.

Her dad slowly walked out from the kitchen, eyeing her suspiciously, "I don't care! I told you to be home by nine! It is nearly eleven right now!"

He began to charge at her with his hand raised.

Almost out of habit, Naeun backed up against the wall and used her arms to cover her face.

The man slapped and punched her arms, leaving the wounds that were already in place.

Adding more detail to them, like an unfinished painting.
 

Roughly, he pulled on her jacket then her hair, tossing her over to the floor.

"D-Dad, stop!" she begged as he began to kick her, "P-Please.."

He laughed bitterly at her pleading, "Wow, you've really become pathetic, just like your mother. I dealt with her earlier, because the dinner she made was disgusting.

Sweetie, I do this to teach you."

Before she could even reply, she took a blow to her lip.

He shook his hand from the singe of pain, "I think you've learned."

With a nod of approval, he walked away into the corridor.

Naeun silently weeped, wiped her lip to see blood, then shook with anger.
 

"This, this crimson red..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunggyu stared at the figure, slowly backing away.

"Of course I would find you, son. I can find anyone," the man replied, emerging from the shadows with a smirk.

"Well, I made it obvious that I didn't want to be found by running away, so you can leave now," the boy stated calmly.

His father chuckled, shaking his head as he came closer and closer.

Each step was dreadful to Sunggyu's ears, each caused his heart to jump.

"I'm not leaving so easily, I think we need to settle some things."
 

The two didn't let their gazes falter, it was a battle between their egos.

"No thank you, I think everything is pretty settled," he replied.

The man's bushy brows knitted together, "Sunggyu, I won't take 'no' for an answer! You sit down now, you ungrateful child!"

Sunggyu laughed, "I'm not a child, I'm a grown adult now. Which means I have the right to do things for myself."
 

His father looked at him in disbelief before booming, "You, you are a mistake to our family!

You were supposed to be the heir to the company after I was gone! Why can't you do that for me and your mother!?"

"Maybe because I didn't want to be the person getting people killed while I was sitting in a luxurious office; completely spotless.

You try to make those people feel like they're powerful and doing a deed, but all they're doing is becoming murderers.

I don't want to be a pathetic and cowardly person like yourself!", Sunggyu rambled before letting out a short laugh, "Ha! 'Ghosts'. Please, cry me a river."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, unnie, keep going!" the girl encouraged.

"Bbom, I don't know how much longer I can run," Chorong wheezed breathlessly.

Bomi turned to see Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Sungjong chasing them from afar, "Just a little longer! We're almost to the busy part of town."

Something caught her attention, something rung through her ears.

It was the sound she knew too well, it was the sound of a gun being cocked.
 

Immediately, she swung her head back to see Sungjong aiming an Akdal Ghost pistol straight at Chorong.

Click.

Instinctively, Bomi jumped behind the girl, clutching onto her back.

Before the older girl could react, the bullet was already in the other's shoulder.

She let out a murderous scream as she slowly felt Bomi's grip loosen slightly.

Her scream echoed down the alley, it could probably be heard across all of South Korea.

They both stood in the middle of the alley, as Chorong supported Bomi with her arms.

Frantically, she moved hair from the younger girl's face, "Bbom!"

"I'm okay, I'm okay. This isn't the first."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun's ears perked up from the sound of a gunshot and a blood-curdling scream following after.

His pace began to quicken as he tried to follow where it came from.

"Why am I going towards it? Why do I keep wanting to save people?"

He was now running full speed, using all his senses to find the source.

"Or maybe because I'm hoping that she will be there, since she seems to always be involved with some kind of trouble..." he heaved out a sigh, "That's ridiculous."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been hours that he has been running around town, yet nothing.

He came to a halt, "A gunshot..."
 

The sound of gunshots were the only things heard before silence overtook the line.

"M-Moonsoo-ah? Moonsoo?! Answer hyung!"

"H-Hyung..."
 

"No, no, no... Bomi!" he whispered to himself as he turned a corner.

Seconds later, he heard a female's scream, "That, that sounds like Chorong."

His gaze was filled with flames, he had set his goal, and won't give up until he achieves it.

"Save them. Save Bo--"

A girl suddenly stepped out in front of him,

 

"I don't think so, L."