.012

War

 

"So we're just going to take refuge in here? I have to go see if Bomi is okay!"

The tall male paced back and forth around the shop as the petite girl closed the blinds.

"I'm sure she's okay! From what you have told me, she must be good at protecting herself. Number one," she mumbled,

"We'll wait for at least an hour, yes? Just to be sure it's safe."

"Safe from who? The Ghosts or your dad?"

Naeun froze, taking her bottom lip between her teeth, as her eyes stared at the ground.

"Hey, I didn't mean that. I'm just really frustrated right now. Sorry."

 

The two sat on the white sofa, with the lights dimmed, and waited.

Waited for a sign.

"I can't believe Eunji unnie is one of those... monsters."

"I don't blame her."

The girl looked at him with furrowed brows, bewildered by his statement.

"They brainwash you, really. You don't realize what you're doing. It's like... they control you. They make you feel... invincible."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quiet inside of the large SUV, it was empty besides the presence of the two.

Both boys sat silently, in defeat and shock.

 

"Don't call me that! You don't have the right to call me that! I don't know who you are anymore!"

 

Sungyeol sighed, "Why am I the one feeling bad? She's the traitor."

"Are you talking about Bomi?" a low husky voice muttered.

Dongwoo fiddled with his fingers, "I feel just as conflicted as you do."

The younger boy tilted his head, "Why is that, Dongwoo-ssi?"

"Seeing things, people, that make you feel stuck in the past. Just like how L and Bomi makes you feel."

"Did seeing Bomi make you feel that way?"

"No, not Bomi."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"K-Kim Sunggyu, son of Kim Yonggun," Chorong stuttered as she patched up Bomi's wound, "The name Bomi and L hates so much."

Sunggyu only hung his head low, "I hate it too."

Woohyun stayed quiet before getting up and walking off to get a blanket for Bomi.

"I don't even remember when he got the sick idea of it, I must've been really young.

I do remember him forcing me to watch a kid, my own age, do an obstacle course and getting punished for making mistakes."

The young male returned, going unnoticed, before sitting on the floor, next to where Bomi laid.
 

Chorong continued to mumble the name under her breath, still unable to believe what she had heard.

Each time it was said, Woohyun felt himself tense up.

"What about your sister? What if he finds her?"

The young man heaved out a sigh, "He mostly just wants me.

I also requested the hospital to never let any other visitor in besides myself, she's safe."

"He's the reason this happened to her?" Woohyun whispered, looking at Bomi, "And what happened that night I found her?"

Sunggyu swallowed hard and nodded briefly.

Woohyun exhaled hot air as he felt himself slowly grow angry, "What are we supposed to do now? Sit here and do nothing?"

"No, we have to meet with L," Chorong answered, pulling out Bomi's cell phone.

The girl brought the phone to her ear, listening to the dial tone before an alarmed Myungsoo answered.

 

"She was shot, but I took care of her wound."

...

"We're hiding at the house of a guy who helped us."

...

"Okay, we'll head there now."

 

Both boys stared at her intently, anxious of what she was going to say.

She placed the phone in her bag before turning to the two, "We're leaving. Now. Someone grab Bomi.

Pack all the things that you think you'll need. Sunggyu, do they know your license plate number?"

"Uh, I have like three, just in case, so we can just change it."

"Alright then, lets go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji ran her hand through her hair, brushing the tangled locks with her fingers.

She waddled into her apartment, dropping her bag by the door, and kicked off her shoes.

"Ahem, long day?"

She jumped from the voice, "Hoya! What are you doing here?"

The guy switched the television on, flipping through channels with pursed lips, "Just wanted to hang out with my best friend. Is that a crime?"

He chuckled softly, while she continued to stare at him quietly.

"Hey, what are you doing? Come here," he beamed, patting the cushion next to him.
 

She took small steps towards him before plopping beside him.

"I'm the worst best friend in the world. I grew up with this guy, yet he doesn't know what I've been doing all this time."

"Oh, you won't believe who I met today!"

Eunji shook out of her daze, "Who would that be?"

"The most beautiful girl ever! She's not one of those frilly girls, you know?

She didn't wear much make-up, didn't style her hair. Her clothes were simple.

She looked average, but so gorgeous to me."

The girl laughed at her friend's words, "It better not be one of those flings, like all those other times! Did you get a name?"

"No, no, something about her was different! A name was all I got from her. Her name is Bomi."

Eunji felt her heart jump at the sound of the two syllables, "B-Bomi? Oh, um, I mean, that's a pretty name."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her eyes fluttered open, to see passing streetlights.

Light, then darkness, light, and darkness again.

It felt like deja vu to her.

She suddenly realized that her head was on someone's shoulder, a broad shoulder but it was somehow comfortable.

Slowly rising up, Bomi turned to see a familiar face.

Woohyun smiled softly, "Hey, you're finally awake."

"You're the guy from the hospital..."

He let out a short laugh, "I guess you did wake up, huh?"

"What are you doing here--What's going on?"

Chorong turned her body from the passenger seat, "Bbom, thank god. This is Woohyun, you remember him. And Sunggyu--"

"Kim Sunggyu," Bomi suddenly growled.
 

Sunggyu only chuckled, "I guess you do remember me. I have nothing to do with my father, okay?

Don't you remember all the times I've helped you? Well, maybe you don't, since that was years ago."

Woohyun placed his hand on her shoulder, sitting her back.

WIth a hushed voice, he consoled her, "He's going to help us, mm? We're going back to your house right now. Just relax, you're still hurt."
 

Chorong turned back to the front, clearing quietly.

Sunggyu watched the road attentively before hearing a sniffle.

He looked over at the girl beside him, only to catch her crying silently.

"Wait--Why are you crying? Don't cry," he whispered franctically.

She shook her head, "It's my fault that she got hurt."

"She did it to save you, it was her own decision, she wanted to protect you."

in her lips, Chorong only hummed as a response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myungsoo and Naeun finished tidying the area, being sure that there was a place for everyone to sleep.

"They should be here soon," the boy sighed, falling onto the sofa.

Naeun nodded, then examined the shelf next to her.

There was display of numerous framed photographs.

She smiled softly as she picked up a particular one, "Is this you and Moonsoo when you were kids?"

Myungsoo looked up and matched her smile, "Mm."

"You guys looked alike. So cute," she giggled quietly.
 

She carefully placed it back before glancing at another; it was of him, Bomi, and Sungyeol.

"Do you guys miss him? Sungyeol?"

He only kept quiet, laying silently as he played with the hem of his shirt.

Finally, he whispered hoarsely his reply, "The old Sungyeol."

Naeun looked over in his direction with sad eyes, when all of a sudden, the sound of loud knocking startled her.
 

Almost instantly, Myungsoo jumped up, pulling a gun out from behind.

He slowly approached the door, with Naeun cautiously watching as she held onto the dagger, he gave her, shakily.

"Myungsoo, open the door!" Chorong barked.

Quickly, he unlocked the door and yanked it open.

The four rushed in, shivering from the cold weather.

Myungsoo held Bomi's shoulders, observing her carefully, as she clutched onto Woohyun, "You're comepletely okay?"

She nodded with a gentle smile, causing him to heave out a sigh of relief.

Then he looked at the two boys, freezing at the sight of the small-eyed one.
 

"S-Sunggyu, what are you doing here?" he blurted.

"I'm helping you guys take down my father."

"What about Namjoo? Wouldn't this affect her?"

"She's safe and doesn't know about all of this."

"I helped you and your sister leave safely, I'm not going to let it go to a waste."

"Well, it won't be if we succeed in taking down my dad."

They both grew quiet, not sure what else to say.

"And who are you?" Myungsoo spat, eyeing Woohyun.
 

"Oh, uh, hi. I'm Woohyun," the boy frantically replied.

Myungsoo's eyes slowly widen as he came to realization, "Wait, Woohyun?"

Everyone looked at the two, feeling uneasy about the scene before them.

"Nam Woohyun?" he asked again.

Woohyun gulped before nodding timidly.

The younger boy stood in place, staying absolutely still, before whispering,

 

"Number two..."