.001

War

 

Bomi's eyes fluttered open, and was greeted by the bland, white walls. The smell of the room irked her.

It was the smell of a hospital.

Turning her head to the side, she stared at the guy sitting next to her.

"What the hell is this?" Her body ached as she tried to move away from the man.
 


He was fast asleep, letting out quiet snores every now and then.

With his arms folded over his torso, he sat in the seat with a leg crossed over the other.

His appearal was very casual; a gray shirt which had some blood stains on it, black jeans, and black sneakers.

She furrowed her brows as she eyed his shirt carefully. "That's not my blood, is it?"

Silently, she continued to study the stranger. His hair was of a dark chocolate color and was neatly arranged.

As for her own hair, it was tangled and tossed, causing her to let out a sigh. The stranger's head began to shift as he let out a grunt due to the discomfort.

Bomi immediately shut her eyes and pretended to be unconcious.
 


A sigh filled her ears, "You still haven't woke up..." The man's voice was husky and low, but filled with disappointment.

"Who was this guy? And why did it matter if I was okay, or not, to him?"

A creak echoed through the room as the door was being pushed open. "Excuse me, sir, visiting hours are over. We would kindly like to ask you to leave now," a soft voice called out.

"Oh, yes, of course. Is it okay if I come back tomorrow?" he asked, with hope in his voice.

"Tomorrow? I don't even know you. What in the--"

"Yes, sir, that is fine," the nurse calmly replied.
 


The sound of his heavy footsteps became more distant as seconds went by.

Suddenly, she felt someone shaking her, "Bbom."

"Bbom... Only one person has ever called me that."

Bomi opened her eyes to see a familiar face. "Rong.. unnie..?" she whispered, a smile gracing over the other female's face as the two words left .

Chorong backed away, placing her hands on her hips, "That's Nurse Park for you," she beamed cockily.

The playful glint in her eyes dissolved and became serious.

"In all seriousness, what happened to you? You dissappear for years, then when I find you, I'm nursing you in the hospital. I deserve an explanation, Yoon Bomi."

The younger girl looked at Chorong with guilt evident on her face, "Well..."

Before she could say anymore, a man came barging into the room, startling both girls.

Chorong immediately regained her posture and looked the man dead in the eye, "Sir, visiting hours are over."
 


Myungsoo's eyes focused on Bomi, completely ignoring the nurse.

He began to approach the only thing on his mind at the moment, grabbing her face gently, "You okay? You're not hurt, are you?" His voice shook as he spoke.

"Her face is pale.. Her lips are so dry that they're cracked--"

"She has stiches... on the bottom right of her torso," Chorong answered with confusion, bringing her presence to the boy's attention.

He turned back to the younger girl, who was nodding slowly. The corners of his lips lifted slightly, forming a soft smile, as he began to carress her hair.

"Ah, Rong unnie, this is Myungsoo. He's like a big brother to me," Bomi weakly blurted, killing off all of Chorong's assumptions.
 


The older girl bowed fourty-five degrees to the male, "Nice to meet you, my name is Chorong, a close friend of Bomi's when we were kids. Now... Bomi, tell me what happened to you!"

When the two of them turned to the girl, she was fast asleep due to losing conciousness.

"She must still be exhausted..." Chorong sighed. Myungsoo suddenly walked towards the door, shutting it quietly.

 

"I can tell you what happened."