Chapter 12

Russian Blue

Junho stirs in bed as the morning light from a small crack in the curtains shone directly on his face.  He reaches to his side touching the cold sheets over and over until he realized you were gone making him sit bolt upright.  A deep exhale escaped from his lips as he sees you seated on the floor, leaning on the bed with his cat on your lap.

 

“What are you doing?” Junho asked as he lay on his stomach with his face right next to yours.

 

“I felt bad about Ggomaengi staying alone on the floor after borrowing her to stay over with me.” you said as you Ggomaengi’s back.

 

“You felt bad about my cat, but you didn’t feel bad about leaving me in bed alone.” Junho said with a pout.

 

“I didn’t want to wake you.” you said as you began to pat his head instead.  “You seem tired.”

 

“Didn’t you miss me at all?” Junho said sulking.

 

“Of course I did.” you said as you pulled his face closer to yours to touch your nose with his.

 

“Come here.” Junho said with a grunt as he pulls you up in bed.  “Are you happy I’m here?” he asked as he held you in his arms.

 

“Umm.  Very.” you said with a warm smile.

 

“You have a lot to tell me.” Junho said.  “What happened while I was away?”

 

“I turned in my resignation.” you said as you lay beside Junho, the both of you looking at the ceiling.

 

“Why?” he asked.  “You liked working there.  You love your job there.”

 

“I did.  I do.” you said.

 

“So, why resign?” Junho asked.

 

“Jeff.” you muttered.

 

“Did you just say Jeff?” Junho asked as he sat up to look at you.  “Because I’d certainly get angry if you called me by the wrong name.”

 

“He kissed me.” you said as you remain lying down.

 

“Did you…” Junho asked with his brows furrowed and fist clenched.  “…kiss him back?”

 

“Are you seriously asking me that?” you asked as you glared at him from below.

 

“Well, did you?” he asked persistently.

 

“Of course not.” you said mad and insulted.

 

“Did anything else happen?” he asked wroth up.

 

“No!  Just the kiss.” you said riled up.

 

“Why were you even with him again?” he asked outraged.

 

“We were working till late for our presentation the following morning and he just…” you said.

 

“See?  I don’t want to tell you I told you so, but I did tell you, didn’t I?” Junho said angrily without looking at you.  “It’s like an invitation for him to make a move on you.  You were so relaxed around him that he does things like this.  You already know he likes you and there you are staying alone with him.  Are you doing this on purpose?  What if something else happened?  Didn’t you even think of that?  What were you thinking?”

 

You had your arm over your eyes as you lay still in bed.  You wanted to start to rebut his statements, you wanted to answer his questions, you wanted to shout and lash at him, but at that moment, as tears flowed from your eyes, soft sobs were the only sound you could make.

 

Hearing you cry with nothing else to say, Junho finally turned around to look at you.  Finally feeling pins and needles from being too abrasive as he finds you crying covering your face.

 

“I’m sorry.” Junho said as he took away your hands from your face.  “I didn’t mean what I said.  I was just angry.” he said as he wiped away your tears with his hands.

 

“Do you think I wanted that to happen?” you said in between sobs.  “Do you really see me like that?”

 

“I know you don’t.  I was just mad.” Junho said trying to pacify you.

 

“What are you mad at me for?” you said.  “It’s not like I can just avoid him all the time.  I was working with him.  I wasn’t trying to flirt with him.”

 

“I know.” Junho said.  “And I’m not mad at you.  I’m mad at Jeff, like I want to kill him mad.”

 

“Don’t do anything crazy.” you said as you sat up to hold his face in between your hands.  “Most importantly, don’t do anything crazy because of me.”

 

“Mostly I’m mad at myself.” he said with downcast eyes.  “In dramas, when faced with situations like this, the boyfriend would always come in just in time to be the knight in shining armor saving his girlfriend.  He would yank her away after hitting the villain and she would kiss him as gratitude.  But I’m just always not around.  And worst, I lash out at my girlfriend who was victimized because I couldn’t do crap about it.  I’m sorry you had to settle for someone like me.”

 

“Who told you I was settling?” you said as you kept on holding on to his face with both your hands.  “Look at me.” you said as you tilted his face up to look at you.  “Yes, you do have anger management issues and sometimes you do say the worst things that just go straight to the heart, especially when you’re jealous, but you’re also the man of my dreams.  I’ve loved you for so long that I don’t know how to feel anything else other than that.  You’re my Junho.”

 

“Even if I’m always not around?” Junho said as he holds your hands that hold his face.

 

“I’ve loved you since we were kids.  I’ve loved you after you broke my heart.  I loved you still even if I told myself I’m supposed to hate you and I still love you after returning to you.” you said.

 

“I believe I loved you longer.” Junho said.

 

“Who’s keeping tabs anyway?” you said as you flashed a gentle smile.  “Can you forgive me for being too careless?”

 

“It wasn’t your fault.” Junho said.  “Although I still feel bad that someone else kissed you.”

 

“You want to do something about it?” you said as you peck on his lips.

 

“Right now, I just want to kiss you till…I don’t know how long.” Junho said as he kissed your lips passionately.  “Maybe until you forget about Jeff’s unwanted kiss.” he said as he continued to kiss you.