Chapter 10

Russian Blue

“You have been avoiding me.” Jeff said as he stands behind you while waiting for the elevator.

 

“I have a reason to.” you answered without looking at him.

 

“And that would be?” Jeff asked.

 

“You turned creepy on me all of a sudden.” you said as you enter the elevator.

 

“Is that a way to talk to your boss?” Jeff asked as you both press the button for the ground floor making you flinch when your fingers touched.

 

“It’s after office hours, I can talk any way I want.” you said as you moved far left of the elevator creating the much needed distance.

 

“Sorry.” Jeff said making you look at him.  “You could say I was just jealous.”

 

“Jealous or not, you were pretty creepy.” you said as the elevator door opens and you alight followed by Jeff.

 

“I just felt like it was a bit unfair.  I never even had the chance to properly court you and then suddenly you were taken.” Jeff said.

 

“Jeff, keep doing that and I’ll really quit.” you said.

 

“Don’t quit.” Jeff said.  “Let me just give you a ride home, okay?”

 

“No thanks.” you declined.

 

“Please.” he said holding on to your arm.

 

“I’d rather not.” you said swatting his hand away.

 

“It’s not safe to go home alone this late.” Jeff said.

 

“I think I’m safer alone.” you said as you walked out of the building.

 

“Come on please.” he said.

 

“You’re sill following my girlfriend around like a stray dog?” Junho said as he leaned on his car waiting for you.

 

“Junho!” you said delightedly as you almost run towards his direction.  “What are you doing here?”

 

“I had a little free time, so I thought I’d take you home.” Junho said looking at Jeff instead of you.

 

“You really don’t have to do that.” you said.

 

“If I didn’t someone else will.” Junho said looking at you as he pinched your cheek.

 

“It’s not like I’ll go with him.” you said with a pout.

 

“I’m still here you know.” Jeff muttered.

 

“Oh right!  You’re still here.” Junho said.  “So why are you still here?”

 

“I just want to make sure she’s alright.” Jeff said.

 

“I’m good.” you said with a smile.  “Junho’s here after all.”

 

“Alright.” Jeff said with a forced smile.  “I can take a hint.”

 

“Let’s go.” Junho said leading you inside the car.

 

“Lee Junho!” Jeff shouted.  “You’re one lucky guy.”

 

“I know.” Junho said as he rides the car with you.

 

Junho drives you home with a serious face on, making you stare at his direction to admire his pretty face.  Somehow you feel the sudden urge to want to touch him as he drives, but he suddenly turned to face you instead.

 

“What?” Junho said.

 

“Nothing.” you said shrugging your shoulders, but you kept staring at him anyway.

 

“If you keep on doing that, I’ll get a hole on my face before I can get you home.” he said.

 

“If you didn’t want to be stared at you shouldn’t have picked me up.” you said.

 

“Don’t talk about that.” Junho said pointing his finger at you.  “I’m still a bit angry about that.”

 

“Angry about what?” you asked.

 

“The Jeff thing.” he said in an irritated tone.

 

“What Jeff thing?” you asked.

 

“You’re with Jeff again.” he said bitterly.  “I thought we talked about that?”

 

“I wasn’t going with him.” you argued.  “He offered, but I turned him down.”

 

“It looked like you were about to.” Junho said with a pout.

 

“If you don’t believe me then you really you shouldn’t have picked me up.” you said as you turned the other way to look outside your window.

 

“You shouldn’t give him reasons to…” Junho said as he increased his speed.

 

“I didn’t give him any reasons whatsoever.” you said feeling offended over his remark.  “I hope you’re not insinuating that I’m flirting with him.”

 

“Did I say you were?” Junho said sarcastically.

 

“I don’t know how to flirt.  But you know what?  I don’t feel like convincing you.  So think whatever you want of me.” you scoffed as you turned away.

 

“Are you mad?” he asked worriedly.

 

“No.” you said without looking at him.

 

“Can’t you face this way?” Junho said as he taps you on the arm.

 

“I’m afraid I’d make a hole on your precious famous face if I do.” you said obviously throwing tantrums your own way.

 

“Please.” Junho said cutely.  “I’m sorry baby.”

 

“Ugh!  Don’t call me baby at times like this!  I don’t like it when you don’t trust me.” you said as you refuse to look at him and the radio instead.

 

This scene continued on until you reach home where you immediately alight his car, slammed the car door and went in to your house, but still making sure to leave the door open for him.

 

“You left the door open.” Junho said with a sly smile as he carefully enters the door.  “I guess that means it’s alright for me to come in.”

 

You open your refrigerator door with a deep sigh to get something to drink.  It’s rare to see Junho beyond the screen these days, even rarer to spend time with him and it’s just quite sad that on a rare moment such as this you don’t feel like talking and you don’t feel like listening either.

 

“Are you going to be mad at me all night?” Junho asked as he positioned himself behind you.  “Are you really not going to talk to me all night either?” he asked as he wraps his arms over your waist resting his chin on your shoulder making you freeze as you held on to the door tightly.  “I’m sorry.  It’s not that I don’t trust you, I just lose my head when it comes to you.  I think I love you so much that I tend to obsess about you.”

 

“You always manage to frustrate me with that bad temper of yours.” you muttered as you touch his arms on your waist.

 

“I know and I’m sorry.” Junho softly whispered in your ear tickling your senses.

 

“I hope you learn to trust me next time, so we don’t fight like this.” you said.  “We always end up fighting because you’re jealous.”

 

“I promise I’ll try not to go crazy jealous over another guy.” Junho said as he turns you to face him.  “Make up kiss.” he said as he tried to kiss you on the lips.

 

“I don’t feel like it.” you said annoyed as you put your hand to his pursed lips dodging his kiss just in time.

 

“I can’t?” he said making a disappointed face as you shake your head.  “Then just let me smell you.” he said as he puts his face on the crook of your neck giving you unexpected chills as you felt his warm breath on your skin.

 

“That’s not fair.” you said as you the back of his head gently.  “You always make me want to forgive you so easily and you always make me want to give in just as easily.”

 

“You’re not one to give in easily.” Junho said as he looked at you, his finger tucking away your hair behind your ear.  “It took a lot to make you fall in love with me again.”

 

“I don’t think I ever stopped loving you.” you said.  “I tried, but I guess I failed.”

 

“I’m delighted you failed.” Junho said.  “And don’t you ever try that again.”

 

Umm.” you said with a kiss.  “I…” kiss.  “…won’t…” kiss.  “…ever…” kiss. “…again….”kiss.  “It doesn’t work anyway.” you said as you kissed him again a lot longer this time, making Junho smile even more with each kiss.