Laughters

May Be

Jaejoong couldn't deny that he was in a pretty good mood, when he entered the canteen on the next morning.

He saw Heechul on their regular table and grabbed some fruits from the buffet, before he went up to him.

Good morning...“, he mumbled with a slight smile and took the seat opposite Heechul, placing a peach and an orange on the table.

 

Heechul lifted his glance from the book he was currently reading and raised his eyebrows.

Wow, I never saw you in such a good temper before“, Heechul mumbled nearly incomprehensible and looked at Jaejoong's peach.

Oh, thanks“, Heechul added and grabbed the fruit, sliding through its soft paring with his table-knife.

 

Jaejoong sighted and eyed his friend with worry. Since a few days, he was in a quite bad temper.

Without commenting Heechul's brazenness, Jaejoong peeled his orange and eyed his friend.

Heard anything of Hangeng yet?“, Jaejoong asked.

Heechul lifted his glance again and put a cut of his – or Jaejoong's? – peach into his mouth.

He will soon“, Heechul answered evasively and some juice off his fingertips.

 

I'm sure he will“, Jaejoong confirmed with a smile and reached over the table.

He laid his hand on Heechul's and squeezed it softly, before he ate the last cut of his orange and stood up again.

Sorry, I have to hurry a bit. I have my first appointment in fifteen minutes...“, he sai apologetically and hesitated a few seconds, before he went around the table and placed a soft kiss on Heechul's cheek.

The elder man looked up in surprise, but a slight smile appeared on his lips.
„Thanks, Jae...“, he mumbled and continued eating his fruits.

 

 

Jaejoong gave his plate to an employee of the canteen and threw a last glance at Heechul, who still sat on his chair and slowly ate the peach.

His friend's condition was declined since some days. He complained about sleeplessness and Jaejoong often noticed, that Heechul's fingers slid unconsciously over his wrists' scars.

 

Jaejoong put his hands into his pants' pockets and walked slowly down the hall. He was pretty sure that Heechul's bad mood arose from his no-one-knows-if-he-actually-is boyfriend Hangeng... Tomorrow will Hangeng's tour through Southern Korea start and he'll arrive this evening in Seoul. Heechul was hopeful that Hangeng will call him, but – until now – Hangeng didn't get in touch with Heechul.

Jaejoong always encouraged Heechul when this subject came up, but – honestly – he wasn't sure if Hangeng will meet with Heechul – even if it would definitely do Heechul good.

 

Jaejoong couldn't deny that he was worried about his friend, but when he asked Yunho about it, the male-nurse asserted that Heechul had just some kind of... low-point right now.

Yunho knew Heechul since the hospital had admittet Heechul to the clinic and Yunho mentioned that Heechul's bad temper was quite often – Jaejoong just hadn't noticed it yet.

Yunho had smiled at Jaejoong, when he had seen his worried face. „His bad mood always disappears as fast as it has appeared.“

Hopefully, Yunho was right...

 

* * * * *

 

Jaejoong's last appointment ended a little late, so he had to hurry.

Yunho would pick him up around four o'clock, so he had about half an hour to get ready.

It was a little difficult for Jaejoong to pick out the right clothes. Of course he knew that this was just an ordinary meeting with a friend – could he even consider Yunho as a 'friend' already? –, but out of his vain nature, he wanted to look good.

 

If he only knew the occasion...

Jaejoong decided on some black pants and a simple white shirt, before he grabbed his wallet and smartphone and left his room.

He went down the stairs and stepped outside.

It was a quite lovely day – the gray clouds that covered the sky were replaced by some white fleecy clouds that stuck loosely on the bright blue sky.

Many patients of the clinic laid with friends or family on the large green in front of the building, chatting, laughing and eating with each other. Yes, it was a nice day.

 

Jaejoong walked down the stairs in front of the clinic and headed for the parking area.

He didn't actually know where Yunho would pick him up, but since Jaejoong assumed that they will go to their meeting by car, he had decided on going to the parking area.

And indeed: When he lifted his glance, he saw Yunho already waiting there.

 

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows in surprise – if he didn't knew that Yunho was waiting for him, he would have never recognized him only by passing.

Yunho wore some washed-out loose jeans and a black leather jacket over a black T-Shirt. His eyes were covered some dark sunglasses and his hair was a little messy, but Jaejoong had to admit that it looked quite good on him.

Yunho's back leaned against a modern car and he lifted his glance from his smartphone when he heard Jaejoong's footsteps.

 

Hi!“, he greeted with a kind voice and pushed himself off the car, putting his smartphone into his jeans' back pocket. He took his sunglasses off and - to Jaejoong's surprise – stepped up to him ti give him a soft hug

 

Ready to go?“, Yunho asked and smiled at the younger man, pulling his car keys out of his jacket.

Yeah“, Jaejoong answered with a light smile and walked around the car. He opened the door on the passenger's side.

Do you tell me NOW where we'll go to?“, Jaejoong asked while he got into the car.

He smirked a little, when a bright grin appeared on Yunho's face. Jaejoong already new the answer.

Nope.“

 

With a smooth move, Yunho sat down on the driving seat and started the motor.

Give me a hint, at least“, Jaejoong muttered and leaned back on his seat, but Yunho only shook his head and laughed.

 

Running his glance around inside the car, Jaejoong's eyes stuck on a tiny photo frame, that hung on the rear mirror.

Jaejoong stretched out his hand and turned the frame around. He laughed quietly, when he saw the picture in it.

The photo showed a brightly grinning little boy who's arms were wrapped around an even more brightly grinning Yunho. The little boy had a tooth gap and sparkling eyes, Yunho wore some kind of tanktop and sunglasses. In the background, Jaejoong saw the bright blue sky and a strap green grass.

 

This is my brother“, Yunho commented before Jaejoong could ask.

Jaejoong turned his head and looked at Yunho, who aimed his eyes at the street and smiled.

Jaejoong couldn't help but to smirk again. „How old is he?“, he asked quietly and let go of the frame, leaning back on the seat again.

He turns eight next week.“, Yunho said and threw a short glance at Jaejoong. „Wanna join his party?“, he asked laughing and winked, before his eyes went back to the street.

 

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows. „I don't think that he would like to have someone around he doesn't now, does he?“, he asked laughing and looked at Yunho.

The tall man shrugged his shoulders. „He told me to bring a friend, so: why not?“ Another smile appeared on his face. „Come on, I'll die between ten eight-year-olds when I'm alone!“

But – “

Great, I knew you would agree!“

Jaejoong shook his head and chuckled. „Okay, okay...“, he mumbled and smiled at Yunho.

 

About fifteen minutes later, Yunho drove his car into a parking lot in front of a quite unremarkable building.

Jaejoong got out and flattened his clothes, eyeing the building with a raised eyebrow.
„So, and this is …?“, he asked and looked at Yunho.

The elder man grabbed a bag from the backseat and shouldered it.

 

I have a dance compedition today“, Yunho finally admitted and gave him a wry smile.

I... thought you'd like it. It's the semi final of a local competition and I guess I've a quite good chance to win, so...“ Yunho shyly scratched the back of his head and looked at Jaejoong.

It's not a big thing“, he added quickly and shifted the weight of his bag back on his shoulder.

He sighted, when he saw Jaejoong's face.

You're not in the mood for this, right?“, Yunho mumbled a little disappointed and nodded at the car.
„Let's get back on the car, I'll drive –“

 

No, no, no!“, Jaejoong interrupted quickly and went up to Yunho.

This is a great idea!“, he said smiling and couldn't hide his delight. Honestly, he hadn't expected this, but now he was even more excited about it.

Of course, he knew that Yunho's greatest passion was dancing – he rarely talked about another topic when they're at night in the stuff room – and Jaejoong liked dancing, too. Well...at least he liked WATCHING someone dance, but this is what he was supposed to do today, isn't it?

 

Yunho's face immediately lighted up, as he noticed Jaejoong's glad face.

Tehn: come on“, he said smiling and headed for the building. „I'll show you were you can have a seat. I have to change my clothes quickly, but I'll be right back, okay? Just keep a seat free next to you!“

Yunho's eyes positively sparkled, while they stepped into some kind of gym.

 

A large empty area in the middle of the hall was surrounded by four tribunes. Some people were spread about it, either chatting with each other or warming up for their participation on the contest.

A small table with four seats stood a little aside of the dancing area, probably for the panel's members.

The tribunes were nearly empty, only some seats were already taken, so Jaejoong didn't have a problems to find two free seats. „I'm right back!“, Yunho promised with another smile and went up to the free area, heading for a door on the end of the hall.

 

Jaejoong sat down and placed his jacket on the seat next to him, before his glance slowly wandered through the hall again. He leaned back and crossed his long legs while he waited for Yunho to return.

 

Yunho stepped outside the door again and searched for Jaejoong on the tribunes. He quickly went up to one of the organizers and registered himself. He would dance on third position.

After he talked a little with the organizer, he went up to Jaejoong again and joined him on the tribune. „Hey“, he said smiling and looked into Jaejoong's eyes.

 

Nice jogging pants“, Jaejoong smirked and looked at Yunho.

Stop teasing!“, Yunho exclaimed and punched Jaejoong's shoulder, grinning all over his pretty face. „I bet Kim Jaejoong never wears jogging pants, right?“

Jaejoong laughed. „Exactly!“, he said laughing and nodded to the hall. „When's your turn?“

Yunho leaned back and pulled down his tanktop. „I'll dance on third position“, he mumbled and threw a brief look at the clock.

 

The competition will start in about fifteen minutes“, he told Jaejoong and gently poked into Jaejoong's side, making the other man wince.
„STOP THIS!“, Jaejoong exclaimed disgusted and moved up a seat, bringing some space between himself and Yunho.

A loud laughter escaped Yunho's throat, when he saw Jaejoong's shocked face.

He taped on the now empty seat next to him.

Come back“, he said still laughing and winked, looking into Jaejoong's eyes. „I didn't mean to harm.“

 

Never – ever – ever – do – this – again!“, Jaejoong muttered and emphasized every single word, while he moved back on his regular seat. „I'm sorry“, Yunho smiled and looked at the hall, when the conversations around them slowly faded away

Here we go“, Yunho mumbled smiling and leaned back on his seat, while the organizer stepped on a small podium to welcome the visitors and introduce the competition.

 

Jaejoong was surprised by the high level that all the dancers had.

Especially the first guy was amazing. He'd chosen some dance tracks of a famous Korean popband and his moves were very coordinated and straight.

This is Lee Hyukjae“, Yunho mumbled as he leaned towards Jaejoong. „He's the winner of the last two dance competitions.“

Jaejoong shivered a little, when Yunho's breath touched his ear.

But this year you're going to win?“, Jaejoong whispered back and smirked, crossing his arms in front of his slim chest.
Yunho winked. „I hope so.“

 

When the second participant had performed half of his dance, Yunho slightly touched Jaejoong's knee. „I have to warm up now“, he mumbled quietly into Jaejoong's ear and smiled. „Keep your fingers crossed, alright?“

Jaejoong nodded and gave him a soft smile.

 

But – honestly – this wasn't actually necessary.

From the first second Yunho started to dance, he captivated the whole crowd.

He looked amazing in his loose jogging pants and the tight tanktop. His face was very straight and expressionless, but it perfectly fit his style of dancing.

 

Yunho seemed to be completely absorbed in the fast rock music, while his legs, his hips, his arms and his torso moved smooth and provocatively to the music. Yunho's dark eyes run through the hall and he winked, when his eyes met Jaejoong's.

The younger one shivered slightly and leaned a bit forward, completely captured by Yunho's charisma. He was just... perfect in this moment.

 

Both Yunho's moves and his body itself expressed pure strenght and amenity. His body was filled with the music's rhythm and the longer Jaejoong watched Yunho dancing, the more he started to smile. Now he understood what real passion looks like.

 

As the music finally stopped and Yunho had finished his performance with a loud theatralic scream, he panted heavily and closed his eyes. The about five hundred people who came to watch the competition shouted and cheered in ecstasy, giving Yunho the creeps all over his body.

He opened his eyes and a relieved smile appeared on his face, while he searched the tribunes for Jaejoong.

 

Yunho's heart skipped a beat, when he finally spotted him.

Jaejoong was probably the loudest person in the gym. He clapped enthusiastically and cheered for Yunho as loud as possible. A bright, beaming smile was on his face and he laughed hearty and hilariously.

 

It was the first time that Yunho saw him like this.

And he promised himself that it won't be the last time.

 

-----

 

Every chapter a little more YunJae... ;)