The Phenomenon called Kim Heechul

May Be

To his own surprise, Jaejoong found about one or two hours sleep this night. He woke up in the morning, when a young employee of the clinic entered his room. A little astonished about the foreign person in his room, he arose from his lying position and leaned on his ellbows. „Good morning!“, the young man said with a huge smile and placed a small bunch of papers onto the table.


„We haven't met before, right?“, he asked friendly and took a slight bow. „I'm Junsu – I'm working on this floor as an assistant. He pointed at the papers. „I have brought you your personal schedule for the next two weeks.

 

Still a little somnolent, Jaejoong nodded slightly and looked at the clock on his nightstand. 8 a.m.

Junsu chuckled when he saw Jaejoongs tired face. „I'm sorry, I'll shut up now“, he grined and opened the door. „You can have breakfast til 9 a.m., downstairs in the canteen. Your first appointment with our head therapist is at 10 o'clock, so you'll have enough time to get ready and settle in.“

Again, Jaejoong's only answer was a nod, but Junsu didn't seem to mind. He left the room with a last smile and continued his way to the other patients.

 

Jaejoong finally stood up and stretched his tall body, before he entered the bathroom to take a shower.

He felt extremly tired because of his lack of sleep. He was pretty sure, that he will need a hundred days to get used to his new surroundings. Jaejoong was afraid of his appointment with the therapists, since he had gone to many therapists before, but non of them was able to find the reason for his nightmares or at least find out the content of his dreams.

Sometimes Jaejoong wished to remember his dreams, but... if they're so horrible that he screams and cries night after night, does he truly want to know their contents? Does he truly want to know what makes him react like this?

 

The only thing he knew for sure was that his dreams refer to his past, round about to the first ten years of his life.

He was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Kim when he was eleven years old. Some police officers found him walking down the street in the middle of the night. He had a laceration on his left temple and mumbled absurd words which didn't seem to be in a logical content.

 

Jaejoong stayed in a hospital for some weeks and posed a riddle both on the doctors and on the police. Noone knew his name or where he came from and there had been no report about a missing child in their files. Jaejoong didn't talk much and when he was asked about his past, he could only tell the officers his name. Jaejoong. When he tried to remember where he came from and – for example – who his parents are, he only found a huge gap in his mind and shrugged his shoulders.

 

The police decided to house him in a children's home, where he finally met Mr. and Mrs. Kim and was adopted by them. They knew about the nightmares Jaejoong had night after night, but they affirmed that they'll aim for releasing Jaejoong from these dreams. He only needed a loving family and someone by his side, than he will recover from his past.

At this time, they would have never imagined that this would never happen.

 

After taking a shower and getting ready, Jaejoong left his room to search for the canteen Junsu was talking about. He heard the quite clangour of dishes when he went down the stairs and finally found a big room with a multiplicity of tables and chairs. The wall opposite the door was completely filled with huge windows which let the bright morning light into the room.

Right next to the door stood a long table which was filled with a great variety of food and drinks. Jaejoong didn't feel hungry at all, but - reasonably as always – he took a cup of coffee and some fruits and carried it to an empty table.

 

While drinking his coffee, he grabbed into his pocket and pulled out one of the papers that Junsu laid onto the table this morning. He skimmed through the long list of appointments he would have to face today. Fortunately, he saw that this tough schedule will only be in the first days. Some of those appointments seemed to be simple routine checkups every new patient has to face.

 

You're new.“

Jaejoong looked up from his schedule and saw a young man standing in front of his table. „Why are you asking?“, he replied quietly and lifted one of his thin eyebrows.

It wasn't a question.“ His opposite pulled one of the chairs back and sat down. „If you weren't new, you would know that this“, he pointed at Jaejoong's seat, „is my seat.“ Before Jaejoong could answer, the young man raised his hands pacifyingly and smiled patronisingly. „It's okay, I'll just sit here today. But for the next days, you just use the chair next to mine, okay?“

 

Jaejoong was speechless. Even if the other man's voice wasn't unfriendly, he really seemed to be extremly arrogant. Jaejoong shook his head. This is a mental institution, not a kindergarden.

With a sudden smile, his opposite put forth his hand and smiled. „I'm Kim Heechul.“

Still a little perplexed, Jaejoong slightly shook his hand. „Kim Jaejoong“, he mumbled and leaned back on his – ah... Heechul's – chair again.

 

Another Kim“, Heechul grinned and looked down to the rest of Jaejoong's Orange. „You don't eat this, do you?“, he asked and grabbed a piece of the fruit before shoving it into his mouth. When he stretched his arm, the sleeve of his sweatshirt rode up a little and Jaejoong could see a long, red cut on his forearm.

 

When did you arrive?“, Heechul asked with his mouth full of Oranges and a little juice from his fingertips. „Yesterday evening...“, Jaejoong replied. He couldn't help but he had to smile when Heechul took another piece of Orange to put it into his still half-full mouth. „Had anyone showed you around the clinic yet?“

Jaejoong ate his last piece of Orange. „No, I arrived quite late and wanted to unpack my luggage first.“, he answered quietly and took the last sip of his coffee. „Then let's go“, Heechul said and stood up, looking at Jaejoong. „Come on!“

 

Heechul showed Jaejoong the whole clinic after their appointments were over. When Jaejoong arrived the day before, he didn't notice the size of the clinic complex. They had access to a park directly behind the house with a small lake in its middle. In the basement of the clinic was a huge swimming pool, a fitness room and a room with some couches and a TV. To Jaejoong's suprise, he even found a piano in a small room at the end of the hall.

He started to play the piano when he lived with the Kims for half a year and really enjoyed it. It was a nice compensation of his suffers at night. It might sound strange, but playing the piano was the only way to find peace for him.

 

It wasn't difficult to talk to Heechul. Well, to be honest: It wasn't difficult to listen to Heechul. He chatted nearly the whole time they walked through the clinic and Jaejoong got the feeling that this young man knows everything about this institute. It was quite funny to listen to his anecdotes and even if Heechul might seem very arrogant on first glance, he was really loveable. Jaejoong enjoyed being around him and felt more and more relaxed. He had to admit that it was nice to have someone around when you're in such an unfamiliar situation.

 

When the two men went upstairs again, Heechul looked at his watch. „Oops, already half past six...“, he mumbled and lifted his eyebrows. Jaejoong turned his head. „Did you have another appointment today?“, he asked suprised. Actually he thought that there aren't any appointments in the evenings.
„No, I just have a date“, Heechul said with a slight smile and pointed at the foyer.

 

The foyer was empty except for the woman on the reception and a young man. He looked up from his smartphone when he heard the men's footsteps. A georgious smile appeared on his face as soon as he saw Heechul.

Jaejoong had to admit that this guy was... hot. He was wearing a custom-made suit, black and fashionable, a white button-down shirt and a thin black tie. His hair was short and dark and looked kind of messy, but this underlined his smart look even more.

 

THIS is your date?“, Jaejoong asked with lifted eyebrows and looked at Heechul.

His opposite simply shrugged his shoulders and grinned.
„Kim Heechul always has the hottest dates.“, he said superciliously and left a wondering Jaejoong behind in the door frame.

 

- - - -

 

It's a little longer than I expected but I hope you like it anyway.

Welcome my beloved Kim Heechul in this story ;)