How to change

May Be

„ … go home, Yunho. Heechul will come in about fifteen minutes and I'll hold the fort until he arrives, okay?“

 

I'm alright, Mrs. Kim.“

 

Jaejoong felt a soft hand on his head that slowly his short black hair. Even if he was awake, he wasn't able to open his eyes, since thick fog seemed to fill in his whole head.

It was hard for him to follow the silent conversation between his mother and Yunho and Jaejoong needed all his volition to concentrate on their words.

 

Please go home and take a rest... You didn't sleep properly for two days, darling.“

Jaejoong heard some silent footsteps and the on his hair stopped. The voice of his mother was now closer and a little louder.

I'll call you as soon as anything happens, alright?“

 

The hand wandered down to Jaejoong's cheeks and he heard a deep sight due from Yunho.

 

Okay, Mrs. Kim“, he finally gave in and the hand detached completely from Jaejoong.

 

'No...', Jaejoong thought to himself, but still he wasn't able to move or keep a straight thought.

With all his strengh, he tried to say that Yunho shouldn't leave, but only a scratchy cough left his dry throat.

 

Grimacing his face, Jaejoong tried to control the upcoming urge to cough again but he failed. His throat hurt with every single cough and Jaejoong was sure to choke on it, when he felt strong hands on his neck and back that lifted his torso up from the mattress.

 

Since Jaejoong wasn't able to hold his body upright, he was gently pressed against broad shoulders and the new position helped him to stop coughing.

Shht...“, Jaejoong heard a silent voice right next to his ear and he panted heavily to draw breath again. His cheek leaned against Yunho's left shoulder and the overwhelming smell of peppermint and perfume nebulized his mind in a calming way.

 

Breath in and out as deep as possible, Jaejoong...“, Yunho whispered silently and held Jaejoong's exhausted body, until he had calmed down again.

 

Here's some water, Joongie...“

The voice of his mother was filled with anxiety and worry.

Though Jaejoong still felt horribly tired and beat, he smiled a little due to the nickname she gave him. His mother didn't used this name for him since he was a teenager and hearing it now warmed up his heart immediately.

 

Jaejoong needed some seconds to open his eyes properly and he felt a cold glass on his lips. With tiny, slow sips, Jaejoong drank the cold liquid and the scratchy feeling in his throat started to disappear.

Thanks...“, he uttered scarcely audible and slowly detached himself from Yunho.

 

Wait a second“, Yunho mumled with his usual calm voice and reached for a small remote right next to the bed. Pressing the upper button, a silent buzzing appeared and the upper part of Jaejoong's bed was lifted up.

With some quick turns, Yunho plumped up the pillows and shove them into Jaejoong's back so that he was able to have a sitting position in his bed without straining his tired body.

 

Jaejoong raised his glance a little and looked at both Yunho and his mother.

Yunho was still sitting on the mattress and gave him a soft smile, while his mother placed the empty glass on the nightstand and reached out his hand to through Jaejoong's messy hair.

 

Thank God, you're awake...“, she mumbled to herself and placed a loving kiss on Jaejoong's forehead. A released smile appeared on her lips and it was obvious that she could hardly hold back her tears.

 

Due to a sudden feeling in his heart, Jaejoong slowly grabbed her hand and pulled her into a soft embrace. He leaned his chin onto her right shoulder – just like he did it all the time during his childhood – and he smiled lightly.

I love you, mom“, he mumbled silently and held her tight for some more seconds.

 

I love you, too, Joongie“, she whispered into his ear, followed by a soft kiss. „Now everything's going to be alright...“

When she detached herself from her son, Jaejoong saw some thin straines of tears on her slim face.

Nah, stupid tears“, she exclaimed silently and chuckled, while she wiped them away and took a deep breath.

I'll call your father and your sisters... We've all been very concerned“, she said with a soft smile and again over Jaejoong's hair, before she threw a brief glance at Yunho and winked slightly.

 

After she left the room, Yunho stood up from the bed and sat down on the chair right next to it.
„Do you need anything?“, he asked concerned and poured in some more water into the glass, handing it over to Jaejoong.

No, thanks...“, Jaejoong mumbled between two sips and looked at Yunho. „Where am I? And how long was I … absent?“

 

After your fainting, they brought you to the hospital because they were a little concerned about your blood pressure and the collapse... You were 'asleep' for six days now.“, Yunho answered silently and surprisingly grabbed Jaejoong's hand. Slowly, he entangled his long fingers with Jaejoong's and a light shiver ran down the elder man's spine.

 

You were awake in between, but only for two or three minutes at most... The doctors explained that you might not remember these short periods, since you're mind had to cope with... many remembrances.“

Yunho raised his glance from the entangled fingers and smiled softly at Jaejoong.

I'm glad you're finally awake now.“

 

Did I ruin Changmin's party?“

 

Yunho laughed silently and shrugged his shoulders.
„My mom called his friends' mothers to pick them up, but Changmin isn't mad at you at all. He was at least as concerned as I and he also visited you two or three times. If you like, I bring him around tomorrow – you really conquered his heart with the present.“

 

Jaejoong smiled slightly and leaned his head into the soft pillows again, before he closed his eyes and ran his free hand over his pale face.

They kept silent for some seconds, before Jaejoong spoke again. „I remember everything...“, he admitted silently and focussed his glance on the opposite wall.

A huge lump built up in his throat, but the slight squeeze on his hand calmed him down immediately.

 

Don't think about it now“, Yunho mumbled silently and caressed the back of Jaejoong's hand with his thumb. „We can talk about it later – now we just need to cocker you up a bit, so that you're soon able to leave the hospital.“

To Jaejoong's surprise, Yunho raised their hands to his mouth and placed a soft kiss on the back of Jaejoong's hand. „I'll go home now to tell my mother and Changmin that you're okay. And I really need some rest now“, he added chuckling and got on his feet slowly.

 

Before Yunho could detach his hand from Jaejoong's, the elder man pulled him a little closer and gave him a light kiss on his cheek.

Thank you, Yunho...“, Jaejoong mumbled silently and hesitated some seconds, before he raised his glance and looked into Yunho's darkbrown eyes.

 

Yunho was still vexingly close and Jaejoong felt Yunho's warm breath on his face.

A deep, warm feeling slowly filled up his whole body and without any further thoughts, both men leaned forward in perfect synchrony. Their breaths started to mix and Jaejoong shove his free hand into Yunho's neck, but right when their lips were about to touch, a silent knocking on the door cut through the silence.

 

Jaejoong? Can I come in?“, they heard Heechul's silent voice through the door and quickly moved apart. Only a second later, the door swung open and Heechul entered the room.

Oh“, he mumbled a little surprised and looked at the two men, who still looked into each others eyes. „Erh... Are you guys okay...?!“, Heechul asked about their stunned faces and shut the door again.

 

Y-yes...“, Yunho mumbled silently and cleared his throat, before he grabbed his bag from the second chair.

I'll just go home now and then... I'm … gone...“, he mumbeld senselessly and looked at Jaejoong again, before he headed to the door.

I'll come around again tomorrow...“, he said to Jaejoong and threw a last glance at the pretty man, before he left the room.

 

Heechul raised his eyebrows and threw a glance after Yunho, before he went to Jaejoong's bed and sat down on the mattress. „He's a little confused, isn't he?“, he asked with a silent voice and looked at Jaejoong.
 

Jaejoong averted his eyes from the closed door and looked at his friend. „We were just -“, he started but interrupted himself, when he eyed Heechul closer.

Jaejoong was pretty sure that Heechul had lost at least ten pound since he had seen him the last time. He had cavernous cheeks and his skin was pale and nearly transparent, while dark shaddows circled his eyes.

 

Heechul, you-“, Jaejoong started shocked and stared at his friend with large eyes. Heechul's glance was a little blurred and the light smile that appeared on his dry lips didn't reach his eyes.

How are you?“, Heechul asked as if he didn't notice Jaejoong's shocked face.

 

I-I'm fine...“, Jaejoong mumbled irritated but kept his eyes on his friend's face.

For the fraction of a second, Heechul seemed to fade out and he staggered briefly, before he raised his hand and ran over his tired face.

Sorry“, Heechul mumbled silently and gave Jaejoong another joyless smile. „This is a side effect of those suppressants... I'm a little... absent in between, don't wonder...“

 

Heechul, what happened?!“, Jaejoong was finally able to speak out the question. „Why do you need suppressants?!“

 

A painful expression rushed over Heechul's face.

I...“, he started silently and lowered his glance on Jaejoong's blanket. A silent laughter pearled from Heechul's lips and he shook his head slightly. „I guess I'm just not used to being alone yet“, he mumbled silently and started to play with the edge of Jaejoong's cover.

 

Even if Heechul didn't speak it out directly, Jaejoong knew what he was talking about.

Didn't Siwon visit you again since your fight?“, Jaejoong asked carefully and wrapped his hand around Heechul's thin fingers.


„No...“

Heechul took a deep breath and raised his hazy eyes again. „But this is ing unimportant right now“, he added with a light smile and looked at Jaejoong. „Right now we just need to revive you, Jae.“

Jaejoong knew, that Heechul wouldn't answer any further questions about this topic today...

 

* * * * *

 

After Heechul had to leave, Jaejoong was also visited by his parents, but right now – at seven p.m. – he was glad that he was alone again. His head hurt and even if he knew that his friends and his family had been very concerned about his current situation, he was a little annoyed by their constant questions.

He needed some time for himself – there'd been enough input to think today...

 

When his family left and Jaejoong have had a small dinner, the first thing that crossed his mind was the strange situation between himself and Yunho this afternoon. After Jaejoong had kissed him on the cheek, a strange tension had built up between them and Jaejoong couldn't deny that he would have really liked to kiss him in that moment...

 

It was a little weird, since Jaejoong didn't think that this was the right situation to fall in - … to feel attracted to someone. After all, Yunho was an employee of the clinic and he – Jaejoong – was his patient. This was not a perfect starting basis for... anything.

 

When Jaejoong thought about Heechul, Jaejoong grimaced his face in concern...

He didn't know how he could help his friend...

 

On the one hand, Jaejoong could comprehend Siwon's reaction to their fight since Heechul's words had hurt him deep inside his heart, but, on the other hand, Heechul's condition will worsen with every day he is alone... Jaejoong was quite sure that Siwon needed Heechul and Heechul needed Siwon as well, even if both of them didn't realize this yet...

 

Jaejoong threw a brief glance at the clock on his nightstand.

 

Maybe …

 

Jaejoong grabbed his mobile phone and dialed Yunho's number. Maybe it was a bad idea, but if it worked...

 

Yunho answered his phone after the forth ring.

Jaejoong?“, Yunho asked silently and Jaejoong could hear the obvious worry in his voice. „Are you okay?“

Jaejoong laughed silently and leaned his head against the white pillows in his back. „Yes, I'm alright...“, he mumbled silently. „Sorry, I know, you're currently at work and I didn't want to disturb –“

 

You're not disturbing me!“, Yunho immediately interrupted him. A silent rumbling was heard in the background, followed by a silent swearing due from Yunho.

Jaejoong laughed again. „Are you sure that I don't derange you? I can call you later ag - ...“

 

No, no, no, it's alright.“


„Stop interrupting me!“

Both men chuckled silently. „Okay, just tell my why you are calling“, Yunho finally mumbled and the rumbling in the background disappeared.

 

I need to ask you a favor, Yunho... A HUGE favor...“, Jaejoong started silently and took a deep breath, before he silently explained his plan.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

The next chapter, the next part of the story... As always: I really hope you like it ;)