Midnight Talk

May Be

It was the first night since many years, that Jaejoong didn't suffer from nightmares... Mainly because he didn't sleep a single second.

The whole night he sat on his bed and looked outside the window, observing the lights of the cars passing by on the freeway. He was afraid of falling asleep because noone would wake him up when he starts to dream, like his father did night after night.

 

After some hours of sitting nearly motionless on his bed, he stood up and stretched his hurting muscles. He threw his blanket carelessly onto the mattress and opened the door to step onto the hall. Some seconds he just stood eavesdropping in the door frame. Not a single sound could be heard.

 

He put his hands in the pockets of his jogging pants and slowly walked down the hall. Maybe he could find some kind of kitchen to make a cup of tea or – even better – coffee to survive this night.

When he turned around the corner, he saw a dim cone of light at the end of the corridor. He stepped up to the door and carefully pushed it open.

 

Unfortunately, it wasn't a kitchen. The room was furnished with a huge desk in the left corner, some shelfs along the walls and a round table in die middle. On one of the six chairs around the table sat Yunho, the male-nurse he met the last evening. He looked up from a laptop and quickly stopped a video on youtube he was currently watching.
„Ah, Jaejoong“, he said smiling and stood up from the chair.

Jaejoong slightly bent his head. „I'm sorry, I thought this is a kitchen“, he said apologetically and turned around halfway, when he heard Yunho's voice again. „Do you need anything?“

I just wanted some coffee... Or at least tea.“

 

He turned his head and watched Yunho who directly went to one of the shelfs, lifting up a thermos jug. „Milk or sugar in it?“

No, thanks...“ Jaejoong put his hands in his pockets again and waited for Yunho to fill a cup with coffee.

You can take a seat if you want.“ Yunho carefully carried the cup to the round table and put it down. After some seconds of hesitation, Jaejoong pushed himself off of the door frame and sat down on one of the chairs.

Couldn't find sleep?“, Yunho asked smiling and took the chair next to Jaejoong.

I'm not a good not-at-home-sleeper“, Jaejoong admitted and grabbed his cup to take a careful sip of the hot coffee. He chuckled. „Well, I might not be a good sleeper in general...“

 

Yunho nodded. „Your father briefly told me about your nightmares.“ he shut his laptop and leaned back on the chair, still smiling at his opposite.

Jaejoong gazed at the tall man and took another sip of his coffee. He didn't know what he should think about Yunho. He seemed to be really kind and caring, but this is what he got paid for, isn't it? However, Jaejoong didn't get the feeling to be treated as an invalid when he talked to Yunho.

 

Silence filled up the room and rested between the two young man.

Jaejoong pointed at Yunho's laptop. „Did I disturb you?“, he asked and put the empty cup back onto the table. Yunho looked at him. „No, you didn't. I'd been watching some dance videos for... inspiration.“ Yunho laughed slightly and opened his laptop, before turning it towards Jaejoong. He klicked the play button to show Jaejoong a part of the video.

 

So, you're a dancing nurse?“, Jaejoong smirked and watched the four guys dancing in the video. Yunho laughed again and leaned forward to see the video, too. „I'd rather consider myself as a dancer working as a nurse“, he explained smiling and pointed at a guy on the right. „This man is awesome!“, he said and tipped a few times on the display.

 

Jaejoong watched the guy and slightly lifted his eyebrows. He was pretty sure that he would have broke all his bones trying these dance moves.

Why are you working as a nurse when you're actually a dancer?“, he asked quitely without loosing his sight from the video. The hollow bass of the music sounded through the loudspeakers.

Yunho looked back at Jaejoong. „I'd been working as a male-nurse during my civilian service and when I finished I asked the head therapist if I could continue working for him. I practise dancing a lot so I needed a job in which I was able to work at night – this one was perfect.“ He gently smiled and throw a glance at the computer on the desk. It showed some kind of a chart with one red-blinking line.

 

Sorry, I'm right back“, Yunho quickly said and gave Jaejoong a smile, before he left the room. Half a minute later, the red blinking stopped.

Jaejoong leaned back on his chair and simply clicked another dancing video on YouTube. The guys on it appeared very professional and Jaejoong couldn't deny that they kind of impressed him. Their moves were really smooth and synchronal and he was pretty sure that Yunho'd be as good as them – being a Dancer fits him a little better than being a nurse.

 

Some minutes passed by till Yunho entered the room again, having an apologetic smile on his soft lips. „I'm sorry“, he said quietly and sat down next to Jaejoong again.

The younger man nodded and stopped the video he'd been watching. „So you always work at night in this clinic and during the day you practise dancing?“, he asked and looked at Yunho. „I guess you don't like sleeping as well?“ Jaejoong couldn't help the ironic tone in his voice that made Yunho laugh.

It's a strong business“, he just said and slightly scratched his neck. „But: yeah. Mostly I work at night and dance in the daytime. Maybe I have the chance to be famous some day“, he answered winking and looked at the clock above the door.

 

They kept still for some seconds, before Yunho leaned forward and smiled at Jaejoong. „Don't you want to try to sleep some last hours?“, he asked softly and based his ellbows on his own knees. „You look tired.“

Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and turned his empty cup around. „You know...“, he started with a low voice and sighed. „When I have those... 'nightmares' at home, I was always sure that my father would wake me up, when I start to scream. So I always knew that I do not have to bear the whole nightmare before I tried to sleep, but ...“ He cut himself off and took a deep breath.

 

Yunho nodded slightly and softly placed one hand on Jaejoongs knee. The younger man was a little surprised about this close gesture, but it didn't seem offensive or insolent to him at all. Jaejoong rather considered it as really careful and gentle. „But your father isn't around anymore“, Yunho finished Jaejoong's sentence and smiled softly at his opposite.

I'd never claim to be as good as your father, but I guess I'm pretty good at waking people up“, he said and winked at Jaejoong.

 

To his own surprise, Jaejoong had to laugh slightly and his hair behind his ear. „But how will you know that I'm dreaming?“, he asked and looked at Yunho, still having a light smile on his pretty face. The older man just gave a shrug an pointed on his laptop. „I have less enough to do here, so I can control your room every ten minutes if you want me to.“ He smirked.

Jaejoong shook his head and giggled. „I'd say, every quarter of an hour is enough...“, he mumbled with a smile and stood up from his chair.

Thank you, Yunho“, he said gratefully before returning to his room.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

2nd Chapter: check. I guess I have a run right now, haha!