Epilogue

May Be

Eight weeks had past since Jaejoong had left the hospital, since he went on with his therapy and – most important – since the thin bond between his and Yunho's hearts had arisen.

 

Even if it had been some exhausting weeks for Jaejoong due to all that stuff that slowly emerged from his suppressed remembrances, he was constantly making progress in his therapy – not least because Yunho was by his side.

 

His boyfriend was present in nearly all of Jaejoong's therapy sessions and he tried to help him as much as possible. He even neglected his dance practice, but Yunho knew that it helped Jaejoong to cope with the results of his therapy when he was around.

When Jaejoong got a bad conscience because Yunho had to spend so much time with him, Yunho simply shrugged his shoulders and smiled. „I can dance my entire life“, he answered every time and blew away all of Jaejoong's guilt feelings.

 

To Jaejoong, Yunho was some kind of … backup. Something to rely on, when his remembrances overwhelmed him and he couldn't decide between past and present.

When panic was slowly choking Jaejoong's throat and he felt like losing himself again, it was enough to look into Yunho's eyes or to feel his hand on his back.

Being around Yunho meant pure security to Jaejoong.

 

 

Right now, the young man made his way down the familiar hall on his floor. He greeted some employees of the clinic or other patients when he passed them by, but he didn't pause his steps – he didn't have much time left. On the hall's last door, Jaejoong knocked silently and entered Heechul's room.

 

Ah, you're already done, mh?“, Jaejoong mumbled a little surprised, when he ran his glance over the empty shelfs and the tidy bed. Heechul lifted his glance from the bag he was currently packing and smiled a little.

 

Siwon will pick me up in about twenty minutes“, he said smiling and laughed silently, when he saw Jaejoong's gloomy face. „Aww, I'll meet you as often as possible!“

Heechul stepped around the bed and headed to his best friend, before he pulled him into his arms and pressed him softly against his chest.

 

Heechul's condition had improved perfectly during the last weeks and his therapists agreed that Heechul could leave the clinic now. He will get some more therapy sessions for the next months where he had to go two times a week, but this was only a little price to pay for leaving the clinic now.


Jaejoong sighted silently and wrapped his arms around Heechul's neck. „You will have to drive at least two hours per trip“, he reminded his friend silently and hugged him even tighter.

 

When Siwon heard about Heechul's discharge, he had decided to fulfill Heechul's dream of living on the coast of South Korea. He was sure that new surroundings would help Heechul to recover completely, so he used his contacts and rented a small house directly on the beach – just for the short term, how he explained to Heechul, until they would find a bigger one.

 

Siwon had cancelled his apartment in Seoul and assigned a moving company to bring his furniture and stuff to the small village on the coast. Heechul was quite surprised by Siwon's sudden breakup, but obviously: anything was possible if you have enough money.

 

I wish I had a rich boyfriend, too“, Jaejoong said playfully now.

He heard a silent cough behind his back and when he turned his head a little, he saw Yunho standing in the open door.

I heard that.“, Yunho commented with a slight grin and winked.

 

Immediately, Jaejoong detached his arms from Heechul and went to his friend, with a big smile on his female face.

Hey, Jae“, Yunho mumbled with a sudden soft voice and raised his left hand to place it on Jaejoong's cheek. He smiled a little while he lowered his head and gave his friend a gentle kiss.

 

Behind Jaejoong's back, Heechul rolled his eyes and continued to pack his bags.

I'm still attendant!“, he muttered silently and tried to hide his smile behind an annoyed expression.

 

The last thing Heechul packed in his bag was the content of his nightstand's drawer.

In this place, he had kept all those little presents Siwon had brought along during his time in the clinic:

Bottles with sand and seawater from all over the world, small stones, dried flowers, handmade notebooks, artful fans, postcards, a little piece of any country Siwon had been able to visit.

 

Heechul smiled a little and packed those things as carefully as possible into his bag. Siwon had promised Heechul to travel the whole world with him; to make up for anything Heechul wasn't able to do during his disease, but with the help of Siwon's presents, Heechul had always been able to enjoy the foreign countries, too.

 

Since they had confessed their feelings for each other, Heechul and Siwon had never talked about Hangeng again.

Actually, Heechul had never thought about him anyway. Realizing his feelings for Siwon had made Heechul's head clear and now he was able to listen to his heart: And his heart kept skipping a beat each time he saw into Siwon's face.

 

Are you ready?“

 

Heechul winced a little when he emerged from his deep thoughts again and he needed some seconds to understand Jaejoong's words.

Yes, I am“, he answered silently and shut the zipper of his bag.

 

Flanked by Jaejoong and Yunho, Heechul went down the clinic's hall for the last time. Siwon had organized a therapist in their new hometown, so he would never have to come back to this clinic again – besides, if he wanted to visit Jaejoong of course.

 

Heechul threw a brief glance to his left side and eyed his best friend, who was holding his hand tightly and squeezed Heechul's fingers a little. Next to Siwon, Jaejoong had become the most important person in Heechul's life and even if they'll be seperated from now on, Heechul was sure that their friendship would last forever.

 

In a few months, Jaejoong would be able to leave the clinic as well, and even if Heechul couldn't support him that much anymore, he knew that Jaejoong was in good hands with Yunho.

The way Yunho was treating Jaejoong made clear how deep his feelings for the elder man were. Yunho always touched Jaejoong like he was fragile and precious, he always knew the right words and his calm, quiet character was the perfect addition to Jaejoong's nature.

 

They stepped outside the clinic and Heechul took a deep breath.

He felt a slight squeeze on his hand and he turned his head towards Jaejoong again, who was smiling at him and nodded his head slightly.

 

Everything will be fine at last.

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

That's it! Enough Happy-End?

I'm really glad about all who had subscribed to this story and who supported me by commenting it! It is nice to see that someone really liked my story:)