Heartache

May Be

I'm sorry for being late.“, Heechul said when he went up to the tall man waiting for him in the foyer. Siwon smiled and pulled his smartphone into the inside pocket of his suit. „Never mind“, he replied and spread his arms to hug Heechul. „Hey Princess“, he mumbled gently into his ear and placed a soft kiss on the sensitive spot behind it. Heechul shivered.

 

're you alright?“ Siwon eased the embrace a little and looked into Heechul's dark eyes, slowly brushing a stayed strand of hair out of his face. „Rather“, the older man answered and smiled slightly. He eased the embrace and pointed with his head towards the stairs.
„Let's go upstairs“, he said while already going off.

 

Siwon quietly shut the door behind himself and took off the jacket of his suit. Carelessly, he threw it onto a chair. „Did you miss me?“, he asked chuckling and went to Heechul to pull him into another embrace. He had had a photo shoot on the coast, so he wasn't able to visit Heechul for five days. Actually, he visited Heechul every day.

 

Heechul laughed and lifted his right eyebrow. „I was lucky to have some peace and quiet the last days. Now stop being so clinging.“ He pushed Siwon away and sat down on his bed. Siwon sighted quietly and run his hand through his hair. He grabbed his jacket and pulled a small box out of the pocket, before he sat down next to Heechul.

I brought you something.“ He smiled and decided not to answer to Heechul's comment. He placed the box on Heechul's lap and waited for him to open it. Heechul was obviously surprised.

 

For me?“, he asked unnecessarily and carefully lifted the box from his legs. He opend the cover and looked inside. „If you can't go to the beach, the beach will come to you“, Siwon said smiling and leaned back on Heechul's bed.

In the box, Heechul found two tiny bottles closed with a cork just as a shell, a blade of marram grass and an almost perfectly round, blue stone. The first bottle contained seawater, the second one sand.

 

This moment was one of the rare situations for Siwon to see a speechless Heechul. The older man carefully took the first bottle and gazed at the clear water, put it back into the box and grabbed bit by bit its whole content. When he paid attention to every single item, he tentatively closed the box and put it onto his nightstand.

 

Meanwhile, Siwon had laid down on the bed and after putting his present away, Heechul laid down next to him and placed his head upon Siwon's chest. Siwon's arm automatically wrapped around Heechul's shoulders to pull him closer. „Thank you...“, Heechul mumbled still amazed by his beautiful present and snuggled closely against Siwon.

 

When Siwon left for his job offering – a photo shooting at the coast of Korea – Heechul couldn't hide his envy. He was in the clinic since nearly six months by now and the last time he left Seoul was even longer ago. Siwon, however, was able to travel through the whole Asian country several times a month.

Besides, he actually didn't want Siwon to leave. He was used to his daily visits and even if he would never tell him, he enjoyed them.

 

Siwon turned his head down and kissed Heechul's hair. With his hand, he slowly caressed his shoulder and slid down his arm. When he reached Heechul's wrist, he carefully lifted his arm to his own mouth to place a soft kiss on the long red cut. Immediately, Heechul pulled back his arm and got up. „Stop that.“, he said harshly and pulled down his sleeve.

 

I don't mind your scars“, Siwon said quietly and laid his hand on Heechul's back, slowly slipping under the shirt and caressing the soft skin underneath. „But I do“, Heechul mumbled and hid his hands inside the sleeves. Siwon rarely sees his friend that vulnerable.

I'm sorry.“ Siwon got up from the bed and leaned over to Heechul to kiss his cheek. „I only want you to know that I don't mind them, okay?“, he repeated with a low voice and leaned his forehead against Heechul's temple.

 

Heechul nodded and took a deep breath. When Siwon laid his hand on his cheek, Heechul turned his head and looked into his eyes. A slight smile was on Siwon's lips, when he caressed Heechul's cheek and leaned forward. Right before their lips met, Heechul turned his head a little so that Siwon's lips only his his cheek.. „Not on the lips...“, Heechul mumbled quietly and looked onto his lap.

 

Siwon's hand let go of Heechul's face and the tall man stood up from the bed. „Sorry“, he said monotonously and looked to Heechul.

He ought to have known better. Everytime when he tried to kiss Heechul on the lips, the older man turned his head and rejected him. Siwon briefly threw a glance on the framed picture on Heechul's nightstand, focussing the reason for his permanent rejection.

Heechul followed his look and guiltily bit his lips.

 

He called yesterday, you know?“ Heechul spoke scarcely audible. „He's comming to Seoul next week and he promised to meet me.“ The slight smile on Heechul's face made Siwon's heart ache. Not only because Heechul – HIS Heechul – would meet his lover again, but because Hangeng would ruin Heechul again. He always did.

 

Siwon clenched his fists and took a deep breath before he turned around and looked outside the window. „I'm happy for you...“, he said even if Heechul definitely knew that he was lying.

Shut up, Siwon...“, Heechul said a little too harsh and went to Siwon to hug him from behind. He leaned his head against the broad shoulders. „Y-you know that I still love him...“

 

Silent filled the room.

They heard some people talking outside the room, the passing cars on the street and the silent ticking of Heechul's alarm clock. After some seconds, Siwon turned around in Heechul's arms and looked him into the dark eyes. Heechul suffers from the pain in Siwon's look.

I know you do...“, Siwon whispered and caressed softly the other man's cheek. He leaned forward and kissed his forehead, before he carefully pushed Heechul away and took his jacket from the chair.

 

Heechul stood shiftlessly on the window sill.

We'll meet tomorrow?“, he asked quietly with hope in his voice. Siwon had no choice but smile. He nodded slightly and put on his jacket, threw a short glance into the mirrow and went to the door.

I'll be here around six“, he said with a last cheerless smile and left the room.

 

- - - 

 

I'll apologize in advance for letting Siwon suffer a little. But loving Kim Heechul isn't easy, is it? ;)