Belonging

May Be

How come you're here again?“

 

The rustling of blankets made it hard to understand the silent words, that filled the room after endless minutes of silence. Heechul placed his head on Siwon's chest and smiled a little, when he heard the constant, silent beating of his heart right next to his ear.

 

It was beating for him – and for noone else.

 

Don't get mad, okay?“, Siwon mumbled as silent as Heechul before and kissed his lover's head. „Jaejoong called me this morning and told be about your condition...“

 

But how did he get your number?“

Heechul lifted his head a little and looked into Siwon's darkbrown eyes. A light smile appeared in the corners of Siwon's mouth, while he lifted up his hand and through Heechul's hair.

I'm sure: If I tell you, you'll get mad.“, he mumbled with a teasing tone in his voice that made Heechul roll his eyes.


„I never get mad about anything.“

 

Siwon couldn't help but laugh hearty, before he wrapped his arms around Heechul's shoulder and pulled him onto his chest again. „Yunho copied it from your phone while you were asleep...“

 

Oh, this tiny little -“

„Heechul...“

„Sorry...“

 

The silent chuckling of both men was heard in the room, followed by the soft sound of kissing lips and rustling blankets.

 

If anyone had told Heechul about a situation like this – he and Siwon on his bed, innocently kissing and caressing the other one, their hearts filled up with endless calm and contentment -, Heechul would have laughed and called him a crackpot. But now, while Heechul was in exactly THIS situation, he couldn't imagine a time during the last weeks and months in that he was happier.

 

Automatically, Heechul's glance wandered towards his nightstand and focussed the framed picture that had always been standing there – a smiling Hangeng, a memory of past, happy times.

He doesn't deserve me...“, Heechul mumbled scarcely audible and grabbed a small pillow from behind his back. He threw it at the nightstand and kicked the frame down to the ground.

With a silent clangour, the glass broke.

 

Siwon smiled slightly and wrapped his arms even tighter around Heechul's slim waist. „Thank you, Princess“, he whispered silently and kissed Heechul's forehead. Making his way down to Heechul's precious lips, he seemed to kiss every single spot of his boyfriend's face.

 

Do you have any plans for today?“, Siwon asked between two gentle kisses, his eyes still closed and his hands on Heechul's back and neck.

 

Jaejoong said that he might leave the hospital today... I wanted to visit him and maybe help him coming back to the clinic.“ Heechul silenced for some seconds, before a light grin appeared on his face. „Even if I'll be quite needless – Yunho will be there anyway.“

 

* * * * *

 

Of course: Heechul had been right.

Yunho just arrived at the hospital at exactly 10 a.m. - the point in time in which the official visiting hour started.

 

While he walked down the long hall that lead him towards Jaejoong's hospital room, he ran his hand over his tired face and knocked back the last sip of his slot-machine-coffee.

 

He had been with Jaejoong every single day since he had his breakdown, but though he had to practice dancing and go to work in the clinic. It was quite exhausting since there wasn't a single quiet minute in Yunho's life now, but he tried to cope with it as good as possible.


Caring for Jaejoong was now more important than having some peace and quiet.

 

Yunnho knocked silently at the wooden door and waited some seconds, before he pushed it open and entered Jaejoong's single room. A light smile appeared on his face, as soon as he saw the young man standing on the window opposite the door.

 

Good morning“, he greeted kindly and shut the door behind his back. Walking up to Jaejoong, he spread out his arms a little and pulled him into a soft embrace.

How are you?“

 

Jaejoong wrapped his left arm around Yunho's torso and hugged him softly.

Hey.. I'm fine, I'm really looking forward to leaving the hospital today“, he answered with a light smile and detached himself from Yunho again.

 

You look tired...“, Jaejoong added silently and knitted his eyebrows. He lifted his hand and touched the dark circles underneath Yunho's eyes carefully with his fingertips. „Your shift just ended four hours ago. Did you even sleep?“

 

Yunho laughed silently.

You sound like my mom“, he answered winking and sat down on the plastic chair next to Jaejoong's bed. Not deepening the former topic, he pointed at the bag that stood on Jaejoong's mattress.

Have you finished packing already?“

 

Jaejoong gave Yunho one last skeptical glance, before he nodded his head and went up to his wardrobe. „I'm nearly done“, he answered Yunho's question and took the last pieces of his clothes out of the shelf. While going back to the bed, he gave Yunho a soft smile.


„Dr. Lee said that we can continue my therapy tomorrow...“

 

Yunho raised his eyebrows in surprise.

Really? So soon? That's great, Jae!“, he said happily and got on his feet, smiling brightly at his friend. „You'll see, just some more weeks in the clinic and you'll never suffer from your nightmares again.“

 

The smile on Jaejoong's face became a little weak.

 

I hope so...“

Jaejoong turned away from Yunho and packed his shirts into the bag. Yunho noticed the insecurity that came from Jaejoong's posture right now and without thinking twice, he went up to his friend and grabbed him gently by his arms.

 

Jae.“, Yunho said in a serious tone and turned the elder man around, so that he had to face him. „You're going to be alright again, understand?“, Yunho mumbled insistingly and looked into his darkbrown eyes. „You've just had... four weeks? five weeks? of therapy and even after this short spell you have remembered your past. This is the greatest step you needed to become healthy again!“

 

Yunho gently started to over Jaejoong's upper arms.

 

Just give yourself some time to cope with this. Dr. Lee will support you, just as your parents will, your sisters, Heechul, … and I.“

 

Unconsciously, Yunho slid with his hands to Jaejoong's shoulders, further to his neck and finally placed his hands on both of Jaejoong's cheeks.

The elder man kept silemt, but his eyes were still locked with Yunho's.

 

A nearly unbearable gratefulness built up in his stomach and he knew for sure that Yunho spoke the truth. He was actually afraid of his therapy's further development, because what if Dr. Lee couldn't help him? What if he still got nightmares – but now he would remember them and suffer even more?

 

Since Jaejoong was in the hospital, he didn't have nightmares every night anymore. There had been some precious nights in which he just slept through the whole night and woke up well-rested and full of power. But in those nights in which he dreamed of his past again, his nightmares were even more realistic and scaring than before.

 

While Jaejoong looked at Yunho's face and felt his soft touches on his cheeks, he nodded slightly and took a deep breath. Yunho was right. He had his family and Heechul... and Yunho.

 

Jaejoong lifted his hand and grabbed Yunho's shirt slightly, before he nodded again and smiled a little. „Yes..“, he mumbled in agreement and his eyes were showing pure gratefulness and a new glimmer of hope.

 

Just as the day before, a light tension built up between their bodies, as longer as they were looking at each other. Yunho's thumbs were slowly caressing the soft skin on Jaejoong's cheeks, but right when he was about to lean forward again, a knocking on the door disturbed their special atmosphere.

 

Jaejoong winced slightly and detached his hands from Yunho's waist, quickly stepping back a little to get some space between their bodies again. He heard a deep sight due from Yunho and anything that sounded like „Not again...“, but Jaejoong had already turned himself towards the door.

 

Come in“, he said a little confused, throwing a brief glance at Yunho again.

The pretty man had put his hands in the pockets of his dark pants and walked up to the large window on the opposite wall. He had turned his back towards Jaejoong, but the way he was moving and due to his posture, Yunho seemed to be a little angered about the sudden interruption.

 

Jaejoong looked back at the door again, and a surprised smile appeared on his lips.

Siwon!“, he exclaimed delightfully and headed to the tall man that stood in the doorframe. He wrapped his arms around Siwon and hugged him softly, while he silently whispered into his ear. „Did it work?!“

 

Siwon laughed silently and was just about to answer, when an angered voice behind his back was cutting him off. „Of course did it work“, Heechul muttered and threw a dispraising glance at his friend, but he couldn't hide the tiny smile that built up in the corners of his mouth.

 

Jaejoong laughed again and hugged Heechul, too, pressing him softly against his chest. „How are you?“, he mumbled silently, causing Heechul to roll his eyes.

You're crushing me to death. And stop asking stupid questions.“

 

Ignoring Heechul's playful criticism, Jaejoong chuckled and detached his arms from his friend again. 'He is back', he thought to himself and observed Heechul's slim face, that – finally – wasn't so horribly pale anymore.

 

Heechul gave his friend a light smile and winked, before he stepped around him and looked at Yunho.

We'll talk about this later“, he promised dispraisingly and pointed with his finger at the younger man.

 

Ditto...“, Yunho mumbled and crossed his arms in front of his broad chest, but though he had to smile a little.

He looked at Jaejoong who was talking to Siwon right now and his heart ached a little, when he thought about – the next – wasted opportunity to kiss him...

 

Yunho couldn't deny that he felt horribly attracted by the pretty young man and even if he couldn't be sure, he thought that Jaejoong might feel the same for him.

 

After Jaejoong had finished packing his bags and the doctor came for a last checkup, Jaejoong signed the discharge papers and finally left the hospital with his three friends.

They arranged to meet at the clinic again, since Heechul would go with Siwon's car while Jaejoong wanted to join Yunho.

 

I'm glad it worked“, Yunho said smiling and looked after Siwon and Heechul, who were – with entangled hands – walking up to Siwon's modern sports car on the other side of the parking area. Jaejoong got into the car and put on the seat belt.
„Heechul looks a thousand times better then yesterday“, he answered chuckling and waited for Yunho to start the car.


„Thank you for helping them“, Jaejoong added with a brief glance at his friend. „I knew it was a huge risk for you...“

 

Yunho shrugged his shoulders casually and drove his car through the jammed streets of Seoul. „It was the right way. Maybe Siwon would have come back on his own some day, but we couldn't be sure that Heechul... bear that situation much longer...“

 

For the fraction of a second, Yunho averted his eyes from the street and looked at Jaejoong. A grin appeared on his face and winked slightly. „Besides, I'm not afraid of Kim Heechul.“

 

* * * * *

 

The four men spent some time together in Jaejoong's room after they had arrived at the clinic, but in the early afternoon, SIwon had to leave for an important appointment with his management.

I think I'll try to catch some sleep them“, Heechul mumbled and got on his feet again. „I'll pick you up for dinner at 6, okay?“, he added towards Jaejoong and smiled softly, before he and Siwon left the room.

 

Even if Jaejoong enjoyed the time with his friends, he was quite glad that they were leaving now. He was still exhausted by his hospital stay and some hours of sleep sounded pretty good to him.

He raised his glance at looked at Yunho, who grabbed his jacket from the wardrobe and put it on.

 

You better try to sleep, too“, Yunho said smiling and went up to Jaejoong, before he pulled him into a soft embrace. „See you later. My shift starts at 8 p.m.“

 

Yunho was just about to detach from Jaejoong again, when he felt himself being pulled back at Jaejoong again. A little surprised, Yunho raised his eyebrows and looked at his friend.

Didn't you forget anything...?“, Jaejoong asked silently and a light smile appeared on his pretty lips, that made Yunho's heart race immediately.

 

He placed his hands on Jaejoong's cheeks again and, immediately, Jaejoong leaned his face against Yunho's arm hands. He smiled a little and even if God himself was knocking on Jaejoong's door right now, he wouldn't care at all.

For the second time this day, Yunho leaned down a little and finally finally finally he was touching Jaejoong's lips. A shot of pure energy cut right through Yunho's body, when he kissed Jaejoong softly and felt the elder's hands on his back.

 

A silent sigh pearled from Jaejoong's lips and even if he wasn't able to think right now, he knew for sure: Everything's gonna be alright again.

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

Finally!!! YunJae:)