The little boy

May Be

It was the first time ever, that Jaejoong remembered one of his dreams, but he was pretty sure that it wasn't one of his usual nightmares.

 

He was in the white room again and sat on the ground, eyeing the dark wooden door that still disturbed his room's perfection. He didn't know how long he had already been here, but at least he didn't have this unpleasant feeling like in his meeting with Mr. Lee.

 

Why don't you open it?“

 

Jaejoong turned his head and saw a little boy standing next to him. He wore the same linen clothes as Jaejoong, glanced at him with big brown eyes and pointed at the door. „Why don't you open it?“, he repeated as he didn't get an answer.

 

Still surprised, Jaejoong shook his head. „If I open it, it will harm me, you know?“, he asked and stood up, running his glance through the room.
„Where do you come from, peewee?“, he asked when he didn't see another door and smiled at the younger boy.

 

I'd always been here.“ The little boy shrugged his shoulders, pointing at the door again.

You need to open it!“, he insists and crossed his arms in front of his chest. „I'm sure she won't harm us.“

 

Jaejoong frowned and looked districtfully at the door.“I don't have a key anyway“, he said and put his hands into his pockets, stepping towards the door. He harkened some seconds, but he couldn't hear a single sound behind the door. He frowned, when he thought about the boy's words.

About whom are you talking?“, he asked and looked over his shoulder. „Who is 'she'?“

 

The little boy stepped up to him.
„I have the key“, he said, ignoring Jaejoong's questions, and lifted his hand. An old-fashioned iron key laid on his little palm. Suprised, Jaejoong took the key out of the little fingers and eyed it from every angle. „Where did you get it from?“, he asked puzzled and turned the key around.

 

The boy shrugged his shoulders again. „It belongs to me.“, he casually said, looking up to Jaejoong. „I locked the door.“

Jaejoong frowned again. „But – Why did you lock it? What's behind it?“, he asked curiously and briefly glanced at the door again.

The boy's face grimaced in sorrow.

 

Jaejoong became concerned. „Hey... What's wrong?“, he asked the little boy and kneeled down in front of him. He reached out his hand to touch his shoulder, but as soon as his fingers touched the boy's skin, the room became blurred and Jaejoong found himself in the clinic again.

 

* * * * *

 

In his next meeting with Mr. Lee, Jaejoong told him as detailed as possible about his strange dream. Jaejoong was a little concerened about it, but Mr. Lee asserted that this was a quite normal reaction when someone is doing a hypnotherapy.

The therapy activates your mind, Jaejoong. It's a good sign that your head is enganged with your lost remembrance even if you're not in trance. We can be pretty sure that the therapy works and we'll have success some day.“, Mr. Lee explained and filled Jaejoong with new hope.

 

Over the next days, Jaejoong entered a trance every day. He always found himself in the white room, but – other than in his dream – he was always alone and never got a key for the door.

In the first trances, he was overwhelmed by the displeasing feeling again, but the longer he stayed in the room, the more he calmed down again and (sort of) got used to it.

 

However, the therapy was quite exhausting and frustrating, since Jaejoong had the feeling that he was stucked. He always just sat in this room and wasn't able to open the door. He didn't found out anything new about his past and this angered him more and more.

Mr. Lee wanted him to be patient with himself, but – to be honest: Jaejoong didn't want to hear anything like this.

 

His mood worsened with every failed meeting and he began to shut himself away from his family and friends. He didn't even talk that much with Heechul again, but Heechul decided to ignore his wish for solitude.

He forced Jaejoong to spend time with him and whenever Jaejoong locked himself inside his room, he found a (mostly annoying) methode to make him open the door.

Jaejoong would never admit it, but he enjoyed Heechul's care for him and appreciates his friendship more and more.

 

One night – after further wasted time in his white room – Jaejoong went up to the staff room and knocked on the ajar door. He wasn't able to find sleep and felt like needing a coffee and maybe some company.

 

Yunho raised his eyes to the door and smiled. „Jaejoong!“, he said with a delighted voice and stood up, opening the door for the younger man.

 

How are you?“, Yunho asked and pointed at the round table in the middle of the room, wordlessly inviting Jaejoong to take a seat. „Long time no see. Your sleeping habits enhanced a little, didn't they?“ He went up to the shelf on the opposite wall and poured some coffee into a small white cup. He put it in front of Jaejoong and smiled gently, sitting down next to him.

 

At least I'm able to sleep at night“, Jaejoong mumbled and lifted the cup. A slight smile appeared on his face – Yunho was quite attentive and he immediately enjoyed the man's kindness and calmness.

 

Yunho eyed him and raised his left eyebrow. „But not today“, he stated and leaned back on his chair, folding his hands over his stomach. He had a brief look at the computer behind Jaejoong, but none of the patients reported an emergency.

He glanced at Jaejoong again and waited for an answer.

 

Surly, Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders and breathed out. „The therapy doesn't work...“, he finally mumbled disappointed and looked at his cup, slowly tracing its edges with his fingertip.

Did Mr. Lee say this?“, Yunho asked worried, leaning forward and placing his hand on Jaejoong's knee.

Jaejoong shook his head. „We don't have any success...“, he exclaimed quietly and lifted his cup, taking another sip of his coffee.

!“, he cursed, when the hot liquid burned his upper lip.

 

He glanced angered at Yunho, when his opposite started to chuckle. „This isn't funny...“, Jaejoong mumbled huffy, trying to hide his own smile. He rubbed his finger along his burned lip and sighted deeply.

 

Suddenly, Yunho slapped his knee and sat up on his chair again. „I have an idea to cheer you up!“, he said enthusiastically and smiled brightly at Jaejoong. The younger man frowned. „Huh?“

Yunho grinned and got up from his chair, briefly looking at the clock.

We'll make a deal. You try to sleep now and tomorrow I'll pick you up after your appointments and we'll go somewhere, okay?“, he suggested smiling and laughed at Jaejoong's confused face.

 

But where will we – “

 

I won't tell you yet!“, Yunho interrupted Jaejoong and crossed his arms in front of his broad chest. The smile at his face increased even more.

He went up to a huge pinboard on the wall above the computer and skimed a complex plan on it. „Perfectly“, he mumbled to himself and pointed at a specific line on the plan.

You're ready at about three p.m. I'll pick you up at four, so we'll have enough time to get there, okay?“

 

To get WHERE?“

 

Don't be so curios!“, Yunho laughed again and gave Jaejoong a stunning smile.

 

But didn't I need to submit an application for being allowed to leave the clinic or something?“

 

Yunho grinned and stepped up to Jaejoong again. He leaned forward, so that his face was on the same height with Jaejoong's. „I'll tell you a secret“, he whispered secretively and glanced into Jaejoong's dark eyes. „You're talking to an employee of the clinic right now“, he whispered in Jaejoong's ear and started to laugh again.

 

You're such a !“, Jaejoong complained and his Yunho's shoulder, before he joined Yunho's laugh and got up from the chair.

He kept silent for some seconds, before he raised his glance and eyed the tall man.

I guess we'll see around four tomorrow“, he mumbled and smiled shyly.

 

Yunho winked and put his hands into his pockets. „Sleep well, Jaejoong“, he mumbled with a soft smile and eyed Jaejoong, while the younger man slowly walked up to his room again.