Friendship's all you need

May Be

Low voices reached his ears and made their way through his hurting head. He felt weak and numb and a thin film of sweat laid on his whole body. He couldn't remember...

 

I thought this bastard is a therapist!“

Heechul's voice was low but angered and a little high-pitched. Jaejoong frowned a little. He didn't know what his friend was talking about.

Heechul, he IS a therapist. This is a normal reaction to a hypnotherapy. If your mind is overstrained by the emergine memories, not even a therapist can influence your body's reaction.“

I – don't – ing – care! He should have cared for Jaejoong and not make him ing faint!“

 

Jaejoong felt the mattress caving in a little and a cold hand softly touched his hot forehead. The hand's coolness was enormously pleasant and lessened his headache, so that Jaejoong turned his head a little to increase their contact.

The second person – Jaejoong knew that the voice was familiar but he couldn't assign it to someone yet – laughed silently. „Heechul, calm d –“

Shut up, he moved!“

 

The bed rocked a little and the hand detached from Jaejoong's forehead.

Jaejoong, are you awake?“

In contrast to the previous minutes, Heechul's voice was now quiet and a little worried.

Jaejoong?“

 

Jaejoong tried to open his eyes and blinked rapidly, when white dazzling light hit his eyes. The pain in his head increased immediately and Jaejoong moaned silently, before he raised his hand to cover his eyes.

He turned his head away from the source of light and hid his face in blanket.

The bed rocked again and the light was switched off.

 

Better?“, Heechul mumbled quietly and slid his hand underneath Jaejoong's blanket to over his dark hair.

Jaejoong nodded slightly and pulled his blanket down again, directly looking into Heechul's big brown eyes which were filled with worries.

Thanks...“, Jaejoong mumbled quietly and took a deep breath, while Heechul continued to his hair.

 

Jaejoong.“

He turned his head a little and saw Yunho standing behind Heechul. He appeared a little tired, but his voice was soft and calming. Yunho walked around the bed and gently grabbed Jaejoong's wrist to take his pulse.

Are you cold or do you have any pain?“, Yunho asked quietly and smiled a little, before he placed Jaejoong's hand on the sheets again.

I have some headache...“, Jaejoong mumbled and closed his eyes again, leaning a little against Heechul's cool hand.

 

Ah, that's quite normal.“, Yunho said with a kind smile and squeezed Jaejoong's hand. „It will disappear soon, but to be on the safe side, I'll bring you some tablets, okay?“

The tall man turned his head and looked at Heechul.

Will you stay with him?“

 

Heechul raised his eyebrow. „Do you think I'll leave him alone, dancing queen?!“, he asked a little huffy and rolled his eyes. A slight laughter pearled from Jaejoong's lips.

To underline his words, Heechul lifted Jaejoong's blankets and swayed his legs onto the mattress. To Jaejoong's surprise, he cuddled up to him and wrapped his thin arm around the young man's waist, before he placed his head on Jaejoong's chest. Obviously, Heechul wouldn't leave this room in near future.

 

Yunho raised his brows a little and laughed slightly, before he looked into Jaejoong's eyes and winked. He grabbed his jacket from the chair next to the bed and only now Jaejoong recognized, that Yunho didn't wear his working clothes.

The male-nurse stepped outside the room and left Jaejoong and Heechul alone.

 

Jaejoong smiled a little about Heechul's behaviour. He always acted like a complete Diva and mimed the cold-hearted, arrogant man, but especially in situations like this, Jaejoong realized that underneath Heechul's hard shell was a vulnerable, young man with a great, great heart.

Jaejoong moved his arm underneath Heechul's neck and pulled him a little closer.

 

Damn, go get some food...“, Heechul muttered angered and moved back and forth to find a comfortable position. „You're too thin, Jae.“

Jaejoong couldn't help but to laugh. „I'm not too thin“, he defended himself silently and looked smiling at the man next to him. „It's not my fault, that you're used to Siwon's broad shoulders...“

Heechul smirked a little and closed his eyes.

 

Speaking of Siwon... how are you guys doing? Anything new?“, Jeajoong asked silently and started to Heechul's shoulder. He smirked, when Heechul frowned and mumbled some incomprehensible words.

There can't be 'anything new'!“, Heechul muttered and opened his eyes again, lifting his head to look at Jaejoong. „There's nothing between me and Siwon.“

Are you sure?“


Heechul rolled his eyes and was about to sit up again, but Jaejoong kept him in his arm.

Calm down, it's just a question, Hee“, Jaejoong mumbled with a slight smile and ruffled Heechul's dark hair. „I just thought... I'm quite sure, Siwon really, really likes you.“

 

Jaejoong looked down at Heechul and waited for an answer, but the elder man kept silent.

Heechul cuddled up closely to Jaejoong's body and closed his eyes again, obviously trying to avoid this conversation.

Heechuuul...“, Jaejoong mumbled drawn-out and poked into the other's neck.

What?“, Heechul exclaimed angered. „Can't I just have some quiet and peace to have a ing rest?“

 

Jaejoong laughed hearty and shook his head.

So you KNOW that Siwon likes you, right?“, he asked unrelentingly and eyed his friend. Finally, Heechul shrugged his shoulders and sighted deeply.

I love Hangeng...“, Heechul mumbled scarcely audible and without any context, pressing his head against Jaejoong's chest. Even if Heechul was already aged 25, right now he seemed to be a helpless child...

Don't you think you work yourself up into it?“, Jaejoong asked silently and caressed Heechul's back. He felt Heechul stiffen in his arms.

 

No, I really love him“, Heechul insisted silently and opened his eyes, staring at the opposite wall. „And he still loves me, too...“, he added whispery, but even Jaejoong noticed, that Heechul wasn't sure of it.

How long will Hangeng stay in Seoul?“

Heechul thought a moment and raised his fingers to count the days.

He has a concert today and tomorrow evening and the next one is in four days in... I don't know, somewhere on the coast... So I think he'll stay another three days in Seoul“, he answered Jaejoong's question and looked at the clock on the nightstand.

 

The door swung up and Yunho entered the room again.

Now, he wore his working clothes and carried a small tray with a glass of water, some food and some green and white pills on it.

I'm sorry, I had to talk to Junsu before he left“, he apologized with a soft smile and placed the tray on Jaejoong's nightstand.
„I have some food for both of you and your painkillers.“ Yunho looked at Jaejoong and winked. „I hope I'm not too late.“

 

Jaejoong laughed silently and shook his head. „No, my head still hurts...“, he mumbled and let go of Heechul to sit up on the bed.

He swallowed two pills and looked at Heechul. „Come on, you need to eat a little.“

Jaejoong frowned a little, when he saw Heechul's absent glance. Maybe he shouldn't have brought Hangeng up...


Jaejoong exchanged a brief glance with Yunho and waited for Heechul to sit up. „I'm actually not hungry“, the elder man mumbled and ran his hands through his messy hair.

You told me to eat more, so I want you to eat, too!“, Jaejoong insisted and raised his eyebrow. „Come on, Heechul.“

 

The elder man rolled his eyes and sat up slowly. „Okay, okay...“

Yunho laughed silently and looked at the two young men. „If you need anything, just call me, okay?“, he said to both of them and smiled again, before he left the room and started to work.

 

Jaejoong looked briefly at his clock and frowned a little. „Why is Yunho already here?“, he asked a little irritated and eyed Heechul, while he began to eat his small dinner. „Didn't his shift usually start at 8 p.m.?“

Heechul raised his eyebrows.
„Don't you remember?“, he asked a little surprised and grabbed the slice of apple that Jaejoong was about to eat. He pushed it into his own mouth and chewed it.

 

After swallowing down, Heechul continued speaking.

During your therapy, you suddenly started to crack up... You screamed and kicked about and they needed three nurses to hold you down.“ Heechul ate another piece of apple as if he was talking about today's weather.

Jaejoong's eyes widened with every word.

After some minutes, you broke down apathetically and asked for Yunho over and over again... So they called him and he came as fast as possible.“

 

Jaejoong stopped in his movements and stared at Heechul.

Yah, stop lying!“, he exclaimed and grimaced his face in anger.

Heechul shook his head and spotted the point where Yunho had been standing some minutes ago. „I don't lie“, he defended himself and coughted silently, when a small piece of apple stuck in his throat.

You didn't calm down until Yunho was there. He brought you to your room and waited by your side until you woke up again.“

 

Jaejooong kept silent, both shocked and irritated by Heechul's story. He couldn't remember a single scene Heechul had described and a deep blush appeared on his cheeks.

If this story was true, he could never look into Yunho's eyes again.

Oh...“, was all he could say, before he continued eating again...

 

- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - ​- - - - - 

 

I thought that I needed to mention Heechul and Siwon again, so this is some kind of introduction for the next chapter. It will be SiChul / HanChul again, so be prepared ;)
I really hope you liked it!