Chapter 9

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

♪♫♪

 

"Ladies first."

I glared at Kai. The aura that came from the open door was weird and scary.

"You go in first, chicken. You can easily teleport out of there if you are at risk" I reprimanded him as I pushed him in front of me. 

With a friendly shove and a quick kick in the , he disappeared into the darkness. The twelve of us waited for some signal or message from Kai. We waited and waited. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Then, a blood curdling scream ripped through the air. With absolutely no hesitation, I rushed through the doorway, with EXO close behind me.

It was like walking through a fog. The dark cloud that was apparent from the outside was gone and everything was a pure white. The door we had come through disappeared. The ground beneath me felt as if it was non existant. There was no shadow beneath me, and no source of light above me. Countless number of doors that led to who knows where were staggered in a circular shape around EXO and me. They were stacked on top of each other, going beyond the 'ground'. There were numerous ladders that stretched up and down into the oblivion, probably leading to the doors. I stood in awe as I walked up to one of the doors. From afar, it looked like a plain white door with a simple brass doorknob. But up close, it was intricately carved, with some kind of symbol incorporated into the design. The doorknob was gold and byzantine. I reached for it, trying to open the door. It wouldn't budge. I went to the next door, which was similarily carved and designed, and it wouldn't budge as well.  I was about to try the next one, when someone called me out.

"Ayu, why aren't you coming to save me? I'm in mortal danger" a voice mocked me.

I turned around to see Kai reclined on the 'ground', his head propped on his hand. I marched over to him and started to kick him in the stomach. I apparently wan't kicking hard enough cause he was laughing his face off.

"BAKA*! You had me so worried. I thought you were truly in danger!" 

He got up, wiping away the tiny tears of mirth from the corner of his eyes. His large hands reached out and my cheek.

"Aww, Ayu, were you truly scared for me?"

His eyes looked actually sympathetic. Then a flash of mischief appeared. I slapped his hand away, and about-faced. I went back to trying doors. EXO was doing the same, climbing up and down ladders and trying doors. I went through about a dozen doors, giving up by plopping my self on the 'floor'. Then, a door caught my eye. Slowly getting up, I took one step befoer the other until I was in front of the door. Like the others, it was very similar.

But the door pulsing. There was no actual way to describe it, but that was the closest way to do so. When I put my hand on the doorknob, it felt warm. Unlike the others, which were cold to the touch. I twisted it, anticipating. To my suprise, it opened with ease. I pushed the door wide open, and stepped through it.

"Ayu, where are you going? Don't go through there!"

My feet met damp grass and my exposed legs were cold.  The sky was a deep violet, unlike aanything I had ever seen. There were 3 moons; each one of varying color and size. The light coming from the 3 moons illuminated the large palace in front of me. I walked towards it, entranced by its sheer size. The palace was made completely of marble with marble corinthian columns. A large dome sat at the top. There was a long, windy driveway lined with colossal pine trees. Tall, stone towers loomed in the distance, past a rose maze courtyard. Numerous balconies over looked the courtyard. A towering fountain spewed water in unique patterns.

I walked on, examining the large architecture and detail. I was suddenly spun around, and came face to face with Tao. He suddenly pulled me into his warm arms.

"Baby, I was so scared that someone had taken you."

I pushed and pushed my hands against his abdomen until I was free from his tight grip. 

"I'm not a baby. I'm perfectly fine."

There was a sense of hurt in his face, but a shadow cast across his face made it difficult to tell. 

"Well, they are looking for you ever since you got through the door."

I followed, slightly ashamed of myself. They were once again conversing in their mysterious language.

"Famm, Ayu ec rana. Tu fa ku du dyga ran du caa Lee Soo Man?" asked Kris

"Fyed demm cra'c lryhkat yht caddmat tufh y ped" relied Luhan.

"Ug, taym." 

They pressed their adam apples a few times and spoke Korean again.

"Well, Ayu, if you wanted to know, we are at Yixing's summer house." Baekhyun said.

'House'??!! How could that possibly be a house? I kept silent of my thoughts, and nodded my head in understanding, as if my actual house was a 'house' as well. 

"I'm sure some servants might be here. Kaja" Yixing gestured.

Through the maze we ventured until we got to an enomous steel doors that creaked open when Yixing stepped up to it. 

"Yoboseyo! Anyone here?" he yelled out really loudly as he strolled into the room made practically with black marble. 

Out of the walls and floor, people appeared through them, as if resurrecting from the dead. I squealed in fright and practically jumped onto the nearest person. Which so happened to be D.O.. I had latched onto him as more and more people arose. They were transparent and 'wore' the same clothing. Like a human, they walked over to Yixing. Then they halted. When it was apparent that they were benign, I sheepishly got off of D.O.. 

"What are they?" I asked.

"They? We are offended! Madame, I must insist that we are not simply they's. We are prestigious spirits under the management of Monsieur Zhang. Do not simply dismiss your comment as innocuous!" the older man in a suit stated.

"Calm down, Siwon."

"But Monsieur, she is dishonoring us!"

"Jung Hwa, she's a human. She doesn't know our thinking."

There was a gasp of suprise.

"Look how she exposes her legs." "Very ugly human. Very ugly indeed." "What is she doing with Monsieur?"

"Hyori, Kahi, Kyuhyun, Ryewook: be nice. She is to see Soo Man."

"Omo, is she the one?"

They resumed their squabbling. 

"Jung-A, please find some more suitable clothes for-" Yixing started when there was a large commotion.

"Where are they? They've been gone for 5,000 years and don't even bother to contact us?" a female voice yelled.

"Madame, calm down. The Monsieurs have only arrived."

"Stay away, Yesung." another female voice.

"Oh, dear."  mumbled Minseok, who was beside me, into his hand.

Eleven women walked into the room. A shorter one leading them all.

"Oppa~ Where were you?" she said as she ran up to Minseok and wrapped her arms around him.

He had a sister? The rest of the women went to the corresponding man (EXO), leaving D.O. awkwardly alone with me. The 'leader' was too busy snuggling into Minseok's chest to even notice me. Then after many awkward minutes, she looked to me.

"What's this scrawny thing doing here? Are you finally thinking of geting non-transparent help?" she said to Minseok.

Then to me, she said, "You can go now. You will be called when needed."

What? Me, the help? I was about to retaliate, when Wu Fan stepped in.

"Taeyeon, she is not the help. She is to see Soo Man."

"You all seriously don't believe in the prophecy? This human?" said another woman.

"Jessica, stop-"

They were making me mad. 

"What makes you think you are so high and mighty? What is with this group of girls?"

She looked at me, her demeaning aura very prominent.

"I'm Kris's betrothed. We all are betrothed to another." 

 

 

 

 

 

 


*baka is japanese for idiot, stupid, foolish

 

YEAH! Suju and SNSD (or GG) in the house now! I hope no one thinks down on me for making Suju and some others the 'servants' but I kinda see older (in age) stars more mature. So please don't! I'm going to try to update as much as possible in the time I have. Remember, try is the key word. Anyways, I am totally in love with 'The First Snow' from EXO's newest album!!! ASDFGHJKL~  

tumblr_mx6f5nVxWF1qdbzo3o1_500.gif

The 'Miracles in December' MV is a little bit confusing but so touching.