Chapter 4

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

 (A/N: Beware, long chapter!)

 

"Jung songsaenim has retired due to health isssues, so I will now be your new Biology teacher."

How did he become a teacher overnight? I don't think he's ever been to a human school before. 

"Being a new teacher means I must learn your names. So instead of having class, we'll be getting to know each other" Chanyeol Park songsaenim said.

He instructed us to put our desks in a circle around the room. Slowy but surely, the class created a deformed circle around the room. 

"Ok, now sit on your desks."

Everone stood dumbfounded. We looked to each other for help. We've never done anything like this before... Park songsaenim sighed and grabbed a spare desk lingering in the middle of the circle, and rammed it between Kevin's and my desk. Then he plopped himself on the desk, gesturing to the rest of the class to do the same. When we were sitting on our desk, Park songsaenim produced a ball out, and began playing with it. 

"For me to get to know you all better, we'll need to introduce yourselves. So say your name and your hobby. Like this. I'm Park Chanyeol and I like to listen to music"he said, with a bright smile.

He looked to me and gave me the ball first. 

"Uhm, I'm Sakura Ayu and I like being with my friends."

I tried passing the ball to the girl next to me, but she was apparently infatuated with Park songsaenim's face. She had a very dazed look on her face, and was gaping.

"Yah. Take this" I said annoyingly, shoving it into her hands

"Huh? Oh. Thanks," she replied fluttering her lashes at Park songsaenim, "My name is Cha Heeyoung and I like going to school."

What a up. The rest of the class went, the guys trying to make themselves seem 'bigger', to prove themselves better, than Park songsaenim, which seemed impossible with songsaenim most likely taller than 180 cm. The girls tried to get noticed, by either being 'flirty' or 'impresive'. It all ended when Kevin introduced himself and said he enjoyed reading books.

Then it was time for open questions. Most of the girls asked whether he had a girlfriend or some kind of relationship. One of them actually realized Park songsaenim was the same 'cosplayer' from yesterday. 

The bell for the end of second period couldn't come soon enough.When it was over, I sighed and leaned on my desk. Park songsaenim gave me a tiny wave, and took off. I then waited for our English teacher. She was a nice lady from the states, but she was strict. I hated English class. It's so hard and doesn't make any sense. Contractions are so hard. Where do you put the stupid apostraphe?!!

The class started murmuring. What now? Is one of the other monsters here, teaching? I look up and what do ya know?

Kris was shuffling through papers and organizing them onto the podium in front of him. He cleared his throat and leaned his elbow against the podium. 

"I am replacing your current English teacher because she had some problems with her passport," he explained, the corner of his mouth twitching, as if itching to smile.

Oooh, what did he do to her...

He then continued, "I'm sure you all know how to use English honorifics now, so call me Mr. Wu. Any questions?"

Someone randomly burst out, "Will we be doing what Park songsaenim did earlier?"

"I'm not sure what your other teacher did, but no," he said, his eyes slowly turning into slits.

I can already see into Mr. Wu's mind: "What did Chanyeol do now?!! I thought we agreed to be subtle."

"To test your understanding of English, we'll be taking a cognitive test. Clear your desks!" Mr. Wu demanded.

How mean...

That test was hard. I crossed my fingers, hoping for no other monster appearing. Apparently the class was hoping for the opposite. There was a sigh of disapointment when our regular arithmetics teacher came in. I secretly was celebrating inside my head.

One of my favorite classes was next. It was art. I never was really good at painting, sketching, or being creative, but it was acceptable to do something unique, different. To keep the room 1-C clean, our class had to migrate to the Peforming Arts room. The teacher was no where to be found. Probably washing brushes. We all took our places at our drawing tables, staring at the blank paper waiting for some form of directions. 

The door for the back room creaked open. Our art teacher was holding a large easel and sketchbook, covering his face. He set his things down before facing us. 

Oh, no. Suho was smiling brightly at all of us, wearing a yellow apron. 

"I'm Kim songsaenim, your new art teacher. Today we'll be having free time, so doodle, paint, or color. But turn in your work, so I know you haven't been wasting your time. Start working! I'll be up here doing my own work, so if you need me,  just call me."

The period went by fast, with only 5 minutes left in the class. Everyone had already turned in their work, and songsaenim was still concentrating on his piece. 

"What are you working on Kim songsaenim?" someone asked.

"A sketch of one of my students" he replied, still sketching.

"Who?" said practically every single girl in the class.

He turned the easel around, and showed us.

"Is that Ayu?" Kevin asked.

It was obvious that it was me. My facial features were apparent. Plus the drawing pencil I had used had a tiny rubber bear on the top. It was in the picture. Suho smiled at me. The drawing was very detailed and very good, but why me? The bell rang and lunch began.

This time, Bibi met with me outside the art classroom. She seemed overly excited for something. In the canteen, she grabbed a tray first from a pile and went down the line to choose her lunch. The lunch lady had miraculously turned into a man. D.O. to be exact. I watched him cautiously as I scooped rice into my tray. I watched him cook whatever he was cooking, and wondered if the rest of the monsters were here. I went to pay and Chen the cashier winked at me as he rejected my money. Baffled, I walked to our table with Bibi. 

"Ayu, did you get any of the hot new teachers?" Bibi asked excitingly.

I slowly nodded. Minji joined our conversation and talked about the new P.E.(Physical Education) coaches, Coach Kim and Coach Lu. I have a feeling that I know who they are... Our conversation was stopped when Bibi, Minji, and Kevin looked up. Something tapped my shoulder. I looked behind me, to find Sehun, Kai and Tao, all in the school uniform.

"Ayu, may we sit here?" Tao asked.

Out of all the places here, why at this table? Bibi grabbed my arm and kept nodding her head. I copied her and the trio sat down around me.

"Omo omo omo" Bibi whispered as she basked in the handsomeness of them. 

She leaned in and asked me, "How do you know them? Are they in your class?"

"No, they are just-"

"I'm her boyfriend" Sehun said.

"Ani, I am! "Kai burst out.

All my friends stared at me. Bibi and Minji gave me a You-Will-Tell-Me-More-About-This-Later look.

"Aniya! It isn't like that! They don't understand the concept of 'boyfriend'. They think it means literally 'boy' and 'friend'. They're-"

"I know what a boyfriend is, Ayu" Sehun pouted.

He leaned in close and kissed my cheek. I shoved him off and started to wipe my cheek with the back of my hand. Kai grabbed my hand before I could even touch my hand to my cheek and used a napkin to wipe my cheek.

"Jagiya, why did you let him kiss you? You're mine~" Kai lectured.

He then came close towards me, his eyes closed. I panicked, and stood up. The chair collapsed back as I backed away.

"I, uh, have to go study for, uh, my next class" I stuttered.

"P.E.?" Bibi called out as I ran off.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I stood on the track field in my uniform along with my classmates. Goals were placed at each end of the field. A bag of soccer balls was leaning aginst one of the goal posts. The coaches finally came out. Coach Lu was Luhan and Coach Kim was Xiumin. Did they just make up these last names?

"Today, we will be playing soccer" Coach Lu said, "First, to warm up, we'll be kicking the balls to the goal. Who will go first?"

All the guys raised their hands. Coach Lu 'scanned' the group and pointed at me. I have a feeling that they are biased towards me. I feebly stepped behind the ball. I just have to kick it, right? Swinging my leg back, I kicked the ball as hard as I could. The ball flew up, and hit the metal rim of the goal. The only thing I saw, was the ball bouncing off the rim, and coming straight for me. It hit me in the middle of my forehead. I fell back. No, I didn't black-out. But that ball hit me really hard. The 2 coaches rushed over, and the rest of the class clamored around me. How many brain cells did I lose? I sat up, with a major headache.

"Omo, gwenchanayo Ayu?" Coach Kim asked. 

I nodded. 

"Aigoo, you have a big bump on your forehead! You need to go to the infirmary for some ice. I'll help you." Coach Lu said.

"Ani. I can do it my self." I responded, shaking my head.

I don't want anything weird  happening in the school halls. 

"Don't worry about Kris. He's always hormonal around this time of month. You know, high testosterone levels." he said.

Kris growled. The man in front of me leaned in, and quickly but firmly pressed his lips against my cheek. He gave me another smile.

"Then again, so am I! I'm Luhan, by the way." he said.

That was only 2 days ago. Who knows whether his testosterone levels have gone down or what not. I dizzily walked into the infimary office to find it empty. Where's the doctor? I walked to the freezer and got myself some ice, placing it into some napkins. I looked in the mirror and I whimpered. A huge bump on my head had risen, and it was a purple red color. This will take a while to heal.The school doctor is getting lazy. They should replace him. Oh, my head hurts. I think I should lay down. I drew back the curtain of the bed and found someone asleep in the bed already.

"Jeogiyo, my head hurts and I need to rest. Would you mind moving?" I said, tapping on the person's shoulder.

The person groggily turned around. It was a male, wearing an eye mask.

"Wae?" he asked with a hint of annoyance, "It's tiring taking care of all of those girls who kept feigning illnesses!"

I was shocked by his tone and I stepped back. He took his mask off and I came face-to-face with Lay. According to his nametag, it was Dr. Zhang.

"Omo Ayu, what happened to your head?" he questioned.

He stifled a laugh. It was obvious I looked hideous.

"I got hit in the head with a ball."

"It looks like a golf ball got embedded into your skull" he teased.

I looked at him, feeling hurt.

"Come here" he beckoned. 

I stepped closer. He motioned me to move even closer. There was literally 10 centimeters between his face and mine. He closed his eyes and brought his hand up to my forehead. His fingers barely grazed the bump on my forehead. I expected it to hurt but instead I felt a tingling sensation at where he first touched me. He opened his eyes and took away his hand. 

"Done!"

I reached up and felt my forehead. The bump had disappeared and it no longer hurt. There was no discoloration at all. It had amazingly healed.

"Wow! That's amazing. I'm assuming that your power is to heal" I said.

"Neh. My father is King of Percuratus. Of healing."

I spent the rest of the period and the next talking about Dr. Zhang's home, in Peregrinus Modus. Apparently, he has 5 castles and 3 mansions of his own. How can a prince have so much? 

The bell for the end of 7th period rang, and I realized I needed to head to class. Dr. Zhang wrote me a pass to my next class. I had study hall next, which was basically a class that you can do homework in and get help from classmates and the teacher. I bet you I know who the 'new' teacher will be. It will be...

Baekhyun!

"Hello Ayu. I'm Byun songsaenim. How are you feeling?" he asked me as he took my note.

"Fine" I said, touching my forehead.

He patted the top of my head. I walked to my desk, not really wanting to do work. The class itself was only 20 minutes, but it went by too slow. I even thought of sleeping. But what would Byun songsaenim do? Detention, most likely. When it finally came to an end I walked out of the classroom very pleased. I met with Bibi for some bubble tea, since I rejected her the day before for bubble tea. She left for cram school as I returned home. I held my drink in my hand, sipping it throughout the way.

I felt something ominous. Someone was watching me, following me. Everytime I tried to look for someone preparing to sneak up on me, I failed. The bush beside me rustled.

"Is someone there?"

The bush stirred again. I backed away from the bush, when it violently shook. A cat suddenly jumped out and I had calmed down again.

"Aish, that cat was shedding on me!" a voice called out behind the bush.

I walked up to it and called out, "Is someone hiding there?"

Behind the bush, a hooded figure stood. I stumbled back, losing my grip on my drink. I waited for the impact to hit my bum. Instead I floated in mid-air. The hooded figure had his arms held out. As he lowered his arms, I was slowly lowered with his arms. My feet came in contact with the ground. The bubble tea was suspended in the air, the contents of the drink levitating nearby. With a few movements of his fingers, the hooded figure seemed to guide the tea and tapioca pearls back into the cup. The drink came towards me, and back into my hands.

The hooded figure turned his head away as I tried to figure out who it was. It was too late.

"Luhanwhy are you following me?"

"Uhh, who's this 'Luhan' person?" the hooded figure who is obviously Luhan said nervously.

"Are the others here too?" I asked, ignoring his question as a tree nearby shifted unnaturally.

"What others? It's just me" he said jokingly, chuckling with a hint of distress.

I again ignored him.

"Suho, D.O., Kai, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, Kris, Lay, Xiumin, Chen, and Tao!!!" Come out here. I know you are hiding out there." I called out.

From 11 different places, 11 men came out. Kris came flying down from a tree and D.O. came out of the ground like a mole. Those powers are really handy.

"You guys are in deep trouble.  What made you come to my school?" 

All of them sheepishly looked sown at their feet. Sehun cutely stepped up, rubbing the nape of his neck and shifting from foot to foot.

"It was really boring waiting for you to get out of school. There was nothinginterestingto do in yourboring house. So Chanyeol told us about your school, and how you got him new clothing. So we changed ourselves with human currency that we obtained, and became part of the school. Please don't be mad at us."

I sighed. I can't be mad at them for being bored. I'd maybe would do something like that. Maybe. 

"Are you guys hungry?" I asked, motioning them to follow me.

They nodded eagerly. We set off for my house in silence. D.O. then broke it.

"You have a lot of pictures in your home. Who's the man?"

"It's my father. Otousan is what I called him. Otousan passed away in a car accident 3 years ago. That's when we got our cat, Sebby. "

I might of been delusional, but I heard EXO-M emit a low growl.

"I think okaasan thought it would help her cope, but it didn't help much to fill the hole in her heart. She turned to alcohol. Okaasan became a drunk, from depression. She's more of a calm drunk, not a raging crazy drunk. It's kinda known that she is a drunk and some people assume that she beats me, but like I said, she's a calm drunk. Okaasan can be delusional sometimes, but she's constantly grieving for otousan."

EXO was silent.

"You don't really look like your parents"Xiumin said.

Kris slapped the back of his head, punishing him for his rudeness.

"I'm adopted. I know that otousan and okaasan aren't my real parents. They even told me myself. I've learned to accept that, since my real parents will never be found."

"How do you know that?" Lay asked quietly.

"Okaasan once told me that when she was on honeymoon with otousan in Sapporo, Hokkaido, they were near an abandoned farmhouse. They heard the wailing of a child, so they went to see what was the cause. They went into it, and found a tiny baby. They saw no one around. So otousan and okaasan waited for someone to claimthat this baby was theirs. But no one came. Seeing that no one was coming, they took me to the local police station, and somehow, adopted me."

EXO was silent once again, unsure of what to say. Ididn't like it when people felt sorry for me.I tried lightening the mood.

"Let's play a game. The last one to get through the door of the house has to do the dishes. OK?"

They all smirked.

"Ready? Set. G- Hey! No cheating!" I yelled out as they ran with a head start.

EXO-M then and there began to shed their clothes, leaving them in the street. The moment they became , they transformed. Fur grew and snouts formed. A bushy tail popped out. They had changed into wolves and they took off.  But, I thought they could only transform on full moons? Aish, that's not important now. There are wolves running around in the middle of the road!

"EXO-M! GET BACK HERE AND PICK UP YOUR CLOTHES" I yelled in vain.

I've got to pick up after them, run after those idiots. I guess I still have to wash dishes.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Apologies for not updating~ It's been over a month!

I've made a trailer if you didn't notice, so check it out here, or go to the foreward.

Did you guys see the Drama MV for Wolf? AAAAAGGGGHH! I can't wait for the next part! 

ZXT5PBh.gif

Lol, look at Lay (goalie). He's like, "Oh no! The ball got away... Yeah I got lazy."