Chapter 14

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

 

♪♫♪

 

We all stood on the grassy field near the enormous walls that bordered most of the house, as there was a large forest behind the house. Jaejoong included. And everyone was arguing with everyone else about the 'great' dating idea. The main issue: Who would go first.

"I say we play a game" Kris said.

"How about the Pepero game?" Chanyeol said wiggling his brows.

"No no no. We should have a test of strength and manliness" Luhan rebutted.

"Psh. That's gonna take forever and be boring. Let's just draw numbers out of a hat" Sehun moaned.

How about we forget this whole thing? Please? And why does it have to be so complicated?

I sighed. I felt rather uncomfortable about this whole ordeal. 12 days of dating. It's basically the 12 Days of Christmas. On the first day of dating my 'true love' gave to me, one sloppy kiss on the cheek. On the second day of dating...

"I wanna play a game. Hide and Seek? Or Tag? Hardcore style."Tao suggested.

"Great idea, young Tao! We shall play 11 rounds of Hide and Seek Tag, with Ayu"Jaejoong said.

"No, I don't wanna play" I replied, pouting.

"Ayu shall be what everyone seeks. She will hide somewhere on these grounds. Once she is spotted or found, she must be given 1 minute to run away before she can be pursued. Then, it's anyone's game. The game shall be repeated until we have the order of dates with Ayu. Oh, and no using your supernatural powers. So no smelling or hearing for her or speeding after her. You must do as the humans do, and run. Sadly, Ayu is simply too tantalizing... Irresistible. And slow."

"Alright. Ayu, I'll count to 100 and you must hide somewhere. Everyone else must turn around, facing the wall, and block out their senses and when time is up, disperse to go find Ayu. No doubling up" he said, glaring at Sehun, Luhan, Tao, and Kris.

They shrugged.

Then out of nowhere, Jaejoong said,"READYSETGO! 1... 2... 3..."

I bolted and ran towards the house. Through the front gate and up the stone steps, which I lept two at a time, of course. I started trying doors, several which were locked. Damnit. I ran down a hall, and found an iron spiral stairway. I sprinted up that, losing my breath quickly. Down another hallway, I found an open door and shut it assoon as I entered. It was a study. There was an enormous desk. Perfect! 

Outside, I heard Jaejoong's loud voice.

"74... 75... 76... "

I quickly pulled back the large chair behind the desk back and scooched under it. Then I readjusted it, trying to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

"98... 99... 100! GO!"

I then waited and waited. 10 minutes later, I heard footsteps. I held my breath as the door creaked open. Slowly, the steps advanced towards the desk. The steps moved behind the desk and into my view. I followed the legs that belonged to the feet and up the torso, through a small crack between the desk and the chair. It was Yixing! My heaty started pounding wildly. He looked around for a moment, then he left. I sighed in relief when the door closed again, my heart still thumping.

I was getting cramped, so I decided to stretch a little bit. Just for a moment. I pushed the chair out of the way and got up. I did some quick toe touches and reached for the sky. I was rotating my torso when I heard something.

I scrambled as fast as I could to a nearby curtain. I barely made it when the door opened. The curtain was settling on top of me, as I hid within the folds. 

There was no noise. Maybe the wind? Did Yixing just not close the door completely? Still nothing. I tenatively peeked out...

"BOO!"Tao yelled out as I jumped a good 2 feet into the air.

HOLY CRAP! I nearly had a heart attack. I barely had time to calm down when he started counting.

"Ooooone~ Twoooo~ Threeee~" he said grinning from ear to ear.

I squealed as I ran for the doors and down the hall, once again. I was panicking so badly that I couldn't even open a door correctly. I then just ran for the stairs. I got to the bottom of the steps, planning my next move. Hmm... I guess I'll back the way I came. I then hopped back down the stone steps. My foot caught itself into a crack on the step and I fell forward. I was about to face plant when strong arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me up into a broad-shouldered body. 

"Gotcha" a voice said huskily. 

I turned around and was centimeters from Kris's face. He was breathing heavily, smiling. He then reluctantly let me go, due to my protests.

"FIRST!" he yelled out.

In mere moments, everyone else crammed themselves into the stairwell. 

"Aww man. I found her first though...." Tao protested, sticking out his lower lip.

" to , doesn't it?" Sehun said.

Tao then stuck his tongue at him.

"OK! Stop bickering you two. We shall start the next game. Everyone, let's gather outside!"

Everyone was hearded out like sheep with Jaejoong as the shepard.

Baa?

"No time to waste. GO AYU!"Jaejoong screams the moment we get back to the wall.

Here we go again. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After 7 more rounds (Tao won the second round, which made him overly excited. Then Chen, Sehun, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Suho and Luhan), I decided to change my hiding style. I kept hiding in the house and always within 5-20 minutes. It gets repetative... And boring.

Jaejoong was counting down as I kept running. I ran past the house and towards the forest. I won't go too far, cause I don't want to get lost. Obviously. For a moment, I stood at the edge of the forest. I was hesitant for a moment when I heard 'GO' being yelled in the distance. I tenatively stepped in before walking briskly. There were so many pine trees. The trees were so tall and close together that barely any light shown through. Cue the scary, lost in forest horror movie scene. And the masked murderer. 

I must of jinxed myself because I heard a tree branch snap. I assumed it was one of EXO, so I ducked behind a tree. I waited. More footsteps. I heard more than one voice as the steps got closer. Wait, they weren't supposed to partner up!

Against my better judgement, I jumped out from behind my tree, pointing my finger at the owners of the footsteps.

"You guys are cheat-" I started, before faltering off.

I saw no familiar faces. There were 6 people, who stopped talking when they saw me. They were wearing dark clothes and their lower half of their face masked with black cloths. I really did jinx myself!

The one in front stepped forward and proceeded to pull down his mask. A small squeak escaped my mouth as I stepped back. He was so pretty~ What am I saying? Everyone here looks as if they could be a girl. He stepped closer.

"Hello, young human.My name is N, leader of VIXX. Do you mind telling me your name?" he said.

I gulped, inching back.

"Ayu" I replied, walking full on backwards.

He grinned evilly as he watched me.

"Perfect."

I turned around and ran deeper into the forest. But he was too quick and easily captured me. I was thrown over his shoulder as he walked back to his 5 other pals. 

"We, shall have our revenge on EXO!"

Eeep!