Chapter 15

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

(A/N: WARNING: there may be some slightly violent stuff at the end... But it's not that bad. But still, kinda violent.)

 

I was sitting against the base of a tree, with VIXX circling around me like hawks around an animal carcass. They were deep in thought, mumbling to themselves.

"How are we going to do this?"

"This is going to be so hard. Can we go get food?" one of them whined.

"Shush Hyuk. Well, Ken, we obviously can't hurt her. But we still need to make it seem as if she is in mortal danger..." N stated.

"Send a letter with her blood?" one shrugged.

"Ravi! You are a genius!" N said, suddenly grabbing Ravi by the shoulders. 

No, not genius. I need to make a move away from these psychopaths and get back to EXO. Who knows whether or not EXO still thinks I'm hiding! With a wave of N's hand, parchment and a quill appeared, which I thought was odd. 

"Ok, how about this: 'EXO, if you want your precious human back before anything else happens to her, then meet us there.'" another spoke.

"No, no, no. Hongbin, we need to be more dramatic. We need to scare the living daylights out of them." 

Hongbin glared at N, mumbling, "You always must be the drama queen..."

N chose to ignore him and looked at the other silent trio.

"Come on guys. Ken. Hyuk. STOP FOOLING AROUND WITH TWIGS. CONTRIBUTE. We are in this together!"

"I didn't think we'd actually get this far in the plan... I thought maybe EXO kept the human caged for whatever weird reason the brought her. And then EXO would find out and their royal feet would kick our behinds. Again" Hyuk reasoned. 

How unprepared are these people? I was watching them carefully as their circling ceased and they were actually beginning to move away from me, gathering near another tree. I wasn't tied up, which was another demonstration of how unprepared they were, so I used my hands get up to really slowly and subtly crab-walked in the opposite directions. They didn't notice anything. I wanted to smash my head against the tree at how badly they were failing at kidnapping. 

"We need to come up with something though. None of you guys can come up with anything?" N whined, on the brink of annoyance.

"How about: 'Come and get her.'?" the quiet and angry-looking one said in a low voice.

"Now we're talking! Why can't the rest of you be productive like Leo and quit flapping those lips incessantly." 

Everyone else turned to Leo, secretly, but momentarily, despising him. On its own, the quill loudly scratched across the parchment as N quietly narrated. 

"'Come and get her.' Done. Now get the girl- "

N looked to where I should of been, which was a good 4-5 trees from where I was. The rest of VIXX followed this suit and Hyuk gasped.

"Uh oh. Were one of us supposed to keep watch?" 

I facepalmed myself. I quickly continued to move away, this time on feet, before I could be recaptured or bled. N was giving orders to find me. Sadly, VIXX wasn't completely incompetent. Only for a moment, I was able to run without being noticed. Curse this short stature of mine... It was like a turtle running from a cheetah. Not really,but still, I was at a disadvantage. 

I was once again recaptured in mere moments. Ken had his large arms wrapped around me, with my feet in the air flailing.

"Let. Me. GO!" I squealed. 

N watched me carefully, when he grabbed my hand. He wrapped his hand around the base of my thumb. He just pointed at the pad of my thumb, concentrating. There was a sudden, sharp pain. From my thumb, blood started to escape. Quickly and swiftly, N ran my thumb across the bottom of the messily written letter. The crimson red  stripe made me woozy.  

As quickly as it began, it was over. My thumb had no wound nor any dried blood. Ken was still holding me, as N conjured up an envelope that the parchment slid nicely into. He sealed it with wax, which he also managed to conjure, using his ring. 

N yelled into the air, "Crabanor! I have a job for you!"

I heard a deep, raspy croak. From the darkness, a large raven appeared. It pearched on N's arm, as it took the letter.

"You know where" he said, as he lifted his arm.

Crabanor took off, back into the darkness. 

"Let's go" N said.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

[Meanwhile]

EXO, except for those who already had won, was still in the house, looking everywhere, including previous hiding spots. Two hours had passed and Ayu was nowhere to be seen. They knew something was off.  EXO all congregated back at the wall, where Jaejoong had fallen asleep. 

"Yah. Your royal buttheadedness. We can't find Ayu anywhere" Kai said, nudging Jaejoong with his toe. 

Jaejoong woke up to a start and grabbed Kai's foot, bringing him to the ground. Jaejoong then leaped up, leaving a startled Kai on the ground. 

"Are you guys giving up? Has Ayu finally eluded you?" he said, brushing himself off. 

"No, your royal buttheadedn- I mean, highness. But Ayu is truly nowhere to be found" Suho replied. 

"Then go use your abilities! Hide-and-seek shouldn't take this long. I fell asleep for goodness sake."

EXO then sped off to the house. They sniffed and listened. They could not sense Ayu anywhere in the house. As if insinctively, they all went outside and stood near the edge of the forest. 

"I feel a slight presence. But it was from hours ago" Xiumin whispered. 

"Isn't this technically outside of the boundaries? This forest doesn't belong to Yixing" Chanyeol said, still in a hide-and-seek mindset.

"Could she be lost? What happened?" D.O. asked, his maternal side becoming very apparent. 

As if  the world was answering his question, Crabanor appeared. Kris glared at the bird before widening his eyes in shock. He immediately flew after it, capturing it with some difficulty. When he returned to the ground, he took the letter, still holding Crabanor. 

"I think Crabanor here is fuming right now. I think he needs to cool down. "

Instinctively, Xiumin froze Crabanor into a cube. Kris dropped Crabanor and frantically opened the letter after glancing at the seal. He stared at the letter for a while, before he himself began fuming. He handed the letter off. 

"They've gone too far this time" Tao growled, his wolfish characteristics becoming ever so apparent. 

His clothes ripped to pieces as he fully transformed into his wolf and ran off into the forest. The rest of EXO-M followed the suit, while EXO-K found their own modes of transportation. Kai teleported with Chanyeol in an instant as D.O. created a small and temporary portal. After D.O., Baekhyun and Sehun entered the portal. Suho nabbed the frozen Crabanor before hopping through the closing portal.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was once again, in another 'house' (aka big castle). The moment I entered this house, I was thrown into a room. Bedroom to be exact. A nice one, minimally decorated, but it was unfamiliar and intimidating. Despite the fire that was going, it was cold. There were, unfortunately, bars over the window. I couldn't make any escape. There were no other doors, except for the way I was shoved in. 

Time ticked and I was getting antsy. Not to mention cold. I slammed on the locked door, screaming nonsense. After a while, my throat was beginning to get sore. The door handle suddenly clicked open. I expected to see EXO, but only saw Leo. I backed away, tripping over a plush stool. In an instant, Leo caught me before I hit the ground.  His face was too close to mine. His eyes widened and immediately reddened and dropped me. Despite his swift movement, I still hit my head. 

I got up, rubbing the back of my head, as Leo faced the corner. His face covered. He turned, but never actually faced me. 

"Do you need anything? Like something to eat? Or to go to the bathroom? "

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, but saw a chance of escape. I nodded.

"I have to pee." 

He hesitated, then gestured me to follow him. He tenatively grabbed my arm and gently pulled me after him. It was a very bare house. Except for the intricate timmings and basically marble-everything, there were no paintings or any drapery. Leo paused and opened the door to his left. He let me go and I went in, closing the door behind me. I quickly scoured all of the cabinets and looked for additional exits. None. Exasperated, I stared at my reflection while I stood in front of the sink. 

I was tired and my once, nicely combed hair was everywhere. I took out the hair stick that held together my sad bun. I stared at it. It had a sharp metal tip and looked like a potential weapon. I quickly flushed the toilet and the faucet. I turned it off as I opened the door, the stick hidden within the folds of my dress. 

Leo didn't grab my arm this time. My head was throbbing as I was preparing to attack him. I breathed in and out. I slowly pull the stick from the folds of the dress and partially faced him as I extended my arms and the stick impaled him. His eyes widened in pain and shock as blood began to spurt out.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I pushed the stick deeper into his abdomen as Leo fell to his knees

My hands began to become slippery with blood and I quickly picked up my dress to run away. He grabbed my sleeve, which ripped when I pulled away. I ran, my eyes tearing up. I killed someone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[Start of Leo's POV]

I fell to my knees as I felt the sharp object get pushed deeper inside of me. It didn't hurt physically,but I was emotionally shocked. I managed to grab her sleeve, but I ended up ripping it off and she ran away. 

Dammit, I've gotten weak.

I stood up and pulled the weapon from my gut. I stared at the blood covered thing and realized it was a hair stick. I briefly stared at the wound, which had almost healed completely. 

Great, now my vest has a hole and blood on it. No way to fix that now. Nor any way to get that stain out.

[End of Leo's POV]

 

 

 

 

 

 


Haha, I trolled you guys. 

I'm truly sorry for not updating since August. I have so many excuses, but I'm pretty sure you guys don't want to hear them. 

But thank you for putting up with my slow and short updates. 

I still have other work to do, so I guess this is bye-bye? 

BYE~~~

tumblr_mesdelFsQn1ram8np.gif