Chapter 6

Monsters Hiding in the Closet

♪♫♪

 

[Continuation of Kris's POV]

I was at a human hospital. The scent of her blood was overpowered with sterilizer and latex. I had turned into a human again. I found an open door and snuck through it. I found my way into a room where they had extra clothing. I dressed down in a strange human attire that I heard are called scrubs. I slipped a mask over my mouth and walked through a hallway, following the scent of her faint blood trail. 

The smell of cologne was much stronger when her blood trail stopped in front of a room. I slid the door open, and saw Ayu lying peacefully on the bed. Five boys that I recognized as my students were sprawled asleep on chairs near the window. I saw one of them covered with the dried blood of Ayu. Ayu's breath was jagged as she slept. I watched her as she shifted, her brows knitting together. Her hands grabbed the bed sheets tightly and she held her breath.

[End of Kris's POV]

 

Yongguk was back. He held me by my neck once more. He threw me onto the ground and I skidded a few yards. Another one of his group stepped up, kicking me hard in the stomach. One-by-one, the rest of the six people hurt me cruelly. A figure, a mysterious one, appeared. In a single movement, the six fell back. This figure, he saved me. I wanted to know who it was. He was a familiar person, but I couldn't figure out who it was. He moved closer, through cloud and smoke.

"Ayu" he said.

"Ayu"

"Ayu, wake up" a voice whispered.

I opened my eyes. I recognized that I was in a hospital. My shoulder began to hurt and I had an itch that was killing me. I saw a masked man, standing over me. I was about to scream when he put his hand around my mouth. He removed his mask, and put a finger up to his mouth. Kris stood before me, wearing scrubs. I heard the door slide open and more people piled into the room. Some of which were wolves. I watched in shock as they right before my eyes changed. I hid my face into the pillow. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw five sleeping figures.

"Omo, who are they?" I whispered hoarsely.

I recognized the uniforms and put two-and-two together. One of them should be JR, another Aron. The five who were previously wolves wore matching attire with Kris. Scrubs. Suho stared at my arm and spoke.

"Does it hurt?" 

"A bit. But it's better than last night" I shrugged.

"Who were they? How many?  Did they tell you what they wanted? The ones who attacked you" he asked.

"How did you..." I asked puzzled.

Suho tapped the side of his nose, grimly smiling.  

"There were six. They called themselves B.A.P. and I know two of them were Bang Yongguk and Himchan. I think Yongguk was the leader, because they all seemed to follow his directions. They were looking for you guys, and I think they might be from Perry Grin Mode, or wherever you guys came from. They looked as if they were going to do you guys harm, so I didn't tell them. Then they-"

"We get it. Lay?" Kris said, interrupting me.

Lay had a clipboard in his hand and glanced to the others.

"Minor proximal humerus fracture... I can help."

Lay undid part of my pajamas, and pulled one side down, to reveal the neck, upper chest, and upper portion of my casted arm. He easily destroyed the cast, which crumbled like feta cheese at his touch. The wound was clotted with some blood over a slightly opened wound that began to seep blood. Lay turned back to EXO. EXO-K had their eyes rolled into the backs of their heads, as they inhaled deeply. When they opened their eyes, they were red with blood lust. I saw Chanyeol his lips, his canines elongating. Lay gestured with his eyes to EXO-M. They immediately pushed EXO-K out of the room.

"This won't hurt a bit."

Lay's hand hovered over my arm, and his eyes closed. This time, it didn't feel tingly. It sounded like a woosh as my arm looked practically the same before I injured it. I shifted it and felt absolutely no pain. I gawked in amazement. I barely even noticed the fact that I was being lifted from the bed.

"Wah, Lay your power is very handy!" I said blurted out loud.

I soon regretted it. The 5 boys began to stir.

"Hwazz happining?" one of them said groggily.

I panicked as his eyes widened. 

"Dr.Zhang?"he said, recognizing his voice as JR's, as he stood up. 

What made it worse was that Luhan came back into the room.

"Hey, they're calm now but they will need to drink blood soon-"

He froze.

"Coach Lu? What are you doing here? And what blood?" JR asked while the others got up. 

Luhan took a few steps back to the door, his eyes watching JR.

"Kris, come in here. The kids woke up. What do we do?"

Kris then came in.

"I guess we must do 'it'."

'It'? What was 'it'? Kris and Luhan advanced towards the slightly frightened students. Wait. Was 'it' code for 'kill'?! I leapt out of Lay's arms and stood in front of them, my arms stretched out.

"I won't let you guys kill them! I promise they will be quiet about it. Right?" I said, first to Luhan and Kris, then to the 5 schoolmates behind me.

"Move aside, Ayu" Kris said seriously, gently pushing on my arm.

"You can't kill them!"

"Ayu, don't interfere." Luhan commanded.

With a wave of his hand, I was being gripped tightly by Lay. I struggled, but he only held tighter. Kris went up to JR, and he put his opened palm against his forehead. JR shivered before he crumpled onto the floor. I wanted to scream, but Lay was one step ahead of me, with his hand tightly over my mouth. Luhan did the same to the next one. And the next. And the next. Kris didn't even hesitate on the last one, a blond feminine looking guy. Lay then let me go. My legs were weak and I collapsed. 

"Why did you kill them?" I choked out.

Kris picked me up and piggy backed me. I wanted to fight back, but felt too weak to do so. Luhan stood over the lifeless bodies of the boys. I buried my face into the heartless monster's back.

"Ayu, look" Kris quietly said. 

I unwillingly looked. Their eyes snapped open. They were dazed, and had trouble standing. Luhan spoke in a clear loud voice. 

"You will return to your homes. You will place yourself in you human beds, and dream of what happened. You will remember only your dream, and nothing else."

The blood on JR's shirt was disappearing.

"Neh." they said monotonously and shuffled out of the room.

"Wha- I t-thought y-you killed them?!" I stuttered.

Kris ignored my question, as he opened the window.

"Take care of the rest. See you guys later" he said, saluting them.

I didn't register what he meant until he mumbled 'hold tight'. He jumped from the 4th story of the hospital and I felt the adrenaline pumping as I threw my arms around his neck. Then despite gravity, we stopped midair. Then Kris shot off, flying through the air. The wind whipped through my hair, and I could barely keep my eyes open. 

"Kris, I thought you murdered them! What was that?!" I yelled out.

"We took their memories. When they awake, they will remember only a dream, unless otherwise told. We can alter memories, but we can't suppress them completely" he yelled back.

"Does this only work on humans? How far back can you erase from someone's memory? What happened to the blood?"

"No, Beluamoris can also be affected, but it's harder to do. We could make someone forget their entire life if we pleased. But everything should be done with moderation. Anything that interferes with the logic of the alteration, will be changed or will disappear."

Before I knew it, we were in the backyard of the house. He lept like a bunny onto the ledge of my window and went into my room. I felt embarrassed. He was the only male to enter my room other than otousan. Kris set me down onto my bed.

"Get some rest" he said quietly as he headed towards the door.

"Wait! Who were B.A.P.? I know you know them. What were they?"

"It does not involve humans like you" he said quietly.

"Hey-" I started to say before getting cut off.

Rude.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A week passed. On occasion, I would see my saviors in the hallways, but they would go on with their life as if they never knew me. Life went on, and I never encountered B.A.P. again. Yet. EXO never mentioned the incident and neither did I. But I still wanted to know what monster B.A.P. was. And I will know...

Well, I still had a bio project that I needed to finish. Max and I found a reasonably large jar, which was actually a jar that his mom uses to make kimchi, and we filled it up with dirt, pebbles, and plants. Now it was time for the tiny animal. Max said that there was a place at the edge of the school where he likes to read, a secret pond. He heard frogs and saw a few jumping around near the giant oak tree. So that was where we went one day after school. 

These frogs are slippery creatures. I thought using my hands would be enough, but no, the evil creatures have to secrete mucus and ruin my non-existant frog catching skills, especially in front of Max.

One evil frog kept jumping towards the roots of the oak tree. Why did I not go after another one? Well, because the others were all very warty and I didn't want to touch their warts. Also, the other ones were larger, so I didn't want the poor frog to suffer in the jar. But I think it should suffer as it is making me suffer. The stupid frog finally stopped. 

Taking my chance I leaped after it. And rammed my head into the tree. The frog got away, and I felt something trickle down the middle of my face. Blood. This . Max looked sorta green at the sight of blood. 

"I have a first aid kit in my school bag."

He scrambled towards his bag, and produced a small white box with the words "First Aid" written across the front. He held a cotton ball up to my wound. I winced as he pressed a little too hard. He said his apology and then took out a little tube of antibiotic. He gently dabbed some of the cream onto my forehead.

I watched the dark brown orbs of his eyes flicker back and forth minutely. His face was just a few centimeters away. I held my breath as he moved even closer. My heart began to speed up. Ba-dum. Ba-dum. I watched him as his lips pressed together with concentration as he carefully placed the band-aid. I let out my breath.

“Voila! As good as new.”

I gave a faint smile. He smiled his adorable smile. I couldn’t help but smile even wider.

I was suddenly yanked up. I came face to face with a very stern looking Chanyeol. His eyes were the same brick red when I had first saw when I  became partners with Max.

"Come with me"

I looked pathetically back towards a bewildered Max as Chanyeol dragged me towards the school building.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Bienvenidos! 

I know, I haven't been updating -_-" School is taking its toll on me and my time.

Edit: I totally forgot to add this, but 100+ subbies! Yay! Thank you for subbing and commenting!

Celebration gif!

tumblr_m617k0ZkxT1rprrnpo6_250_zpsd4cb98